Official Michael Beale Contract terminated

Well you know what they say about lies, damn lies and statistics
That's true. People just like to say things like we need more winners like Gough etc. when it's likely they've gone through their Rangers careers and actually won fewer games overall.

I know it's also about winning at key times and in key games against them, cup finals and semi finals, but the actual numbers of games required to win the league now is probably far higher than it was then. I know we won at least one league title back then with a 50% win rate.

It might not be - that's one for someone with too much time on their hands to prove over me. :D

I feel quite sad about the whole thing really. This is just another embarrassing milestone and yet another example of the club’s failings since 55 was secured. Not a Rangers supporter on the planet will be viewing the next period with any positivity…we are living in a period of Rangers being a bang average outfit in Europe, miles behind an average Celtic team and hanging in purgatory for who knows how long to come. It’s a sinking feeling at the moment.

Who knows what’s to come next, I’m filled with trepidation for the next appointment. It’s crazy to think that it’s probably a bigger risk for the incoming manager than it is for the club taking on a task of this magnitude. Get it right for once and for all Rangers, or we face yet more years of being second fiddle to that lot!
That’s the spirit.

I would take him, to the airport to get as far away from Scotland as possible.
commando-arnold.gif

Thank God the board has made the decision late but not too late.

I hope the interim team does what's expected and I've a slight belief this might be an audition for Davis down the line.

I can't think of many more respected players that could become our manager

I think the win % will be large for most OF managers from here on on account of the rest of the league being dire and falling further and further behind us and the scum.
Maybe but I don't think their relative performances in Europe will show any marked improvement or regression either.

I said above it'd be for someone with more time on their hands but forgot about ChatGPT. ChatGPT reckons that we win about 76.14% of our games in the past 6 years vs 66.47% from 1986 to 2012.

This is the sort of stuff that if I was Beale, Gio, Pedro or Warburton I'd be clinging onto, but shows that it's taking more wins than ever to win the top flight for me and we're having to judge managers quite harshly off the back of it.

Data I've used below if anyone wants to point out it's shite:

yuTQ4B9.png

Last edited:
Maybe but I don't think their relative performances in Europe will show any marked improvement or regression either.

I said above it'd be for someone with more time on their hands but forgot about ChatGPT. ChatGPT reckons that we win about 70.9% of our games in the past 6 years vs 66.39% from 1986 to 2012.

This is the sort of stuff that if I was Beale, Gio, Pedro or Warburton I'd be clinging onto, but shows that it's taking more wins than ever to win the top flight for me and we're having to judge managers quite harshly off the back of it.
I think logic tells you that’s the case too. We probably dropped more points in the 90’s than we tend to do now, and that was with players like Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gough, Goram etc - players who were levels above what we have now.

Couldn’t give a shit about who wanted Beale. I didn’t and I’m delighted he’s gone. There were also many both on here and at games that never wanted Beale.
There was probably some that didn't want him, but I reckon most did, you included. You even admitted it was the man many wanted.

There were some who had reservations but you yourself were telling people that all managers were gambles and to basically get behind him.

fbdZwpu.png

QA2vQA1.png

I think logic tells you that’s the case too. We probably dropped more points in the 90’s than we tend to do now, and that was with players like Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gough, Goram etc - players who were levels above what we have now.
That's why like I said I have sympathies for Tavernier and the likes. They're literally (according to ChatGPT) winning more games than ever before but ultimately coming up short.

That's why like I said I have sympathies for Tavernier and the likes. They're literally (according to ChatGPT) winning more games than ever before but ultimately coming up short.
I don’t though. It’s easier to beat the rest now because they’re worse and as money has taken an even bigger stranglehold over the game with the ever increasing power of sponsors etc, we’ve gotten even further away from the rest financially. They should be beating the rest of the dross most weeks. As long as they fail to show some balls when we really need it, they’ll get no sympathy from me.

Managers like Lennon and Ronny Dildo probably have higher win %’s than scum managers who were better qualified and no doubt had better players too.

Whatever manager it is, just go out and attack.

Europe’s a bonus. Group stages and maybe even some early knock out rounds will do fine for the moment, but we need to get back on it domestically.

I personally want Bielsa. He’s managed in the U.K., and in the Championship down south so he’s not a ‘huge leagues only’ type guy, but over and above everything, his teams just play relentless attacking football.

Bielsa is on record saying he won’t take another job mid-season ever again, unfortunately.

I don’t though. It’s easier to beat the rest now because they’re worse and as money has taken an even bigger stranglehold over the game with the ever increasing power of sponsors etc, we’ve gotten even further away from the rest financially. They should be beating the rest of the dross most weeks. As long as they fail to show some balls when we really need it, they’ll get no sympathy from me.

Managers like Lennon and Ronny Dildo probably have higher win %’s than scum managers who were better qualified and no doubt had better players too.
Do you think if they're worse than ever, the European performances should reflect that or they'd also coincidentally get worse? My own personal opinion is that most teams we're playing against seem better organized, fitter and more well disciplined against us recently than they did prior to 2012. That could also be an indicator of our relative strength, but like I said it'd need to tie in with us being worse and everyone else becoming worse while simultaneously being more consistent. Our coefficient has never been higher and we've been winning more games in Europe than back then as well, albeit, with more attempts in the secondary competition. I think if I employ ChatGPT for the second time on a Sunday night there'd be very little difference in the calibre of opposition and number of games won by club sides outside of us or them in the late 80s to 2012 versus now.

There was probably some that didn't want him, but I reckon most did, you included. You even admitted it was the man many wanted.

There were some who had reservations but you yourself were telling people that all managers were gambles and to basically get behind him.

fbdZwpu.png

QA2vQA1.png

You’ve done a good job searching. Two posts trying to back a manager after their appointment. Search the rest. I’ll post them if you want.

Thank God the board has made the decision late but not too late.

I hope the interim team does what's expected and I've a slight belief this might be an audition for Davis down the line.

I can't think of many more respected players that could become our manager
Hopefully Steve Davis does well but I just can't see him getting the gig full time

Shocked but not surprising,Steve will steady the ship and put a bit of belief back I to this squad hopefully....

Just woke up to this wonderful news, I hope the club take there time and find the right man for the job as we can't afford to feck this up again, good luck to Steven davis and alex Rae in the meantime.

He's thanking Beale for bringing him to the club. For making Cantwell aware of what we are.
Beale is an irrelevance here, if Cantwell had a good agent he could've been here without beale being in charge
Beale totally ruined Cantwell this season. Dropping our best player for the first game of the season then playing him in a midfield 3 to cover the RB position in the old firm game. I’m sure Cantwell won’t be too upset tbh.

It's Hasenhüttl but I was just using the gif for celebratory effect I wasn't suggesting anyone as a replacement lol

Edit: Didn't get the joke til I scrolled back now fuckin howled laughing for a good bit.
Aye you made a right Huntntilla of that mate

I said above it'd be for someone with more time on their hands but forgot about ChatGPT. ChatGPT reckons that we win about 76.14% of our games in the past 6 years vs 66.47% from 1986 to 2012.

Data I've used below if anyone wants to point out it's shite:

yuTQ4B9.png
What the %^*& you on about???

Do you think if they're worse than ever, the European performances should reflect that or they'd also coincidentally get worse? My own personal opinion is that most teams we're playing against seem better organized, fitter and more well disciplined against us recently than they did prior to 2012. That could also be an indicator of our relative strength, but like I said it'd need to tie in with us being worse and everyone else becoming worse while simultaneously being more consistent. Our coefficient has never been higher and we've been winning more games in Europe than back then as well, albeit, with more attempts in the secondary competition. I think if I employ ChatGPT for the second time on a Sunday night there'd be very little difference in the calibre of opposition and number of games won by club sides outside of us or them in the late 80s to 2012 versus now.
I know they’re worse than ever, I’ve got eyes. And like I said, more points were dropped by players who are several levels above what we have now. The coefficient is better largely thanks to our runs in Europe’s second tier competition, of which is different now than in the 90’s, where we were also getting humped in the CL because we won the league more often than not.

The format of European competitions isn’t what it is in the 90’s anyway so it’s apples and oranges. Unless you think this current lot are just punching well above their weight and that’s why they drop less points but also win far less trophies than the superstar players of yesteryear.

Pleasantly surprised the board moved now. Thought it was a certainty they’d wait another week to get to the international break to act.

I know they’re worse than ever, I’ve got eyes. And like I said, more points were dropped by players who are several levels above what we have now. The coefficient is better largely thanks to our runs in Europe’s second tier competition, of which is different now than in the 90’s, where we were also getting humped in the CL because we won the league more often than not.

The format of European competitions isn’t what it is in the 90’s anyway so it’s apples and oranges. Unless you think this current lot are just punching well above their weight and that’s why they drop less points but also win far less trophies than the superstar players of yesteryear.
I think their fitness levels, European performances and the standard of the national team can be used to argue that it's higher than it has been for a long time.

The right decision by the board and taken very quickly which I'm surprised by as I thought they would drag their heels.
Once you've lost the fans your position is unattainable and I'm glad to see the back of him to be honest.

Only Beale, Banfield and McCallum hold Pro licence at the club
I'm assuming you've not read either the thread or the club statement?

Steven Davis, Alex Rae, Brian Gilmour and Colin Stewart are taking the team for the forseeable

Back