Article More conflict of interest problems for SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan

mhedia silence why, the guy is linked to the scotsman, daily record, sunday mail, mirror group, express, telegraph, he was the vice president of world association of newspapers, an exec of the press association group, holds roles as a vice president in the newspaper press fund and appeals chairman even at INM he is the chairman that has the asssets of the belfast telegraph, independent, the herald and daily star.

Its to court we go, press wont help
So as if the media compliance isn’t already enough, they make sure they get somebody who can influence it even further?

I had to repost the thread as i thought it had got lost. This article should be read by every bear and just what is the thinking of the SPFL in this appointmet? Maybe they can inform us maybe a journo could ask them....outwith his connections with INM alone he is a fucking reptile.

This all begs the question to be asked about who recruited this man to the SPFL and what due diligence was undertaken by the SPFL prior to his recruitment.

I assume we expect more regarding this next week?

I think there was nothing on Friday due to anything possibly being over shadowed by the gaffer's first day.

The Irish Examiner Article quoting McLennan is all the evidence needed to back King up.

With regards to the deleting of electronic data, isn't that something that Gary Hughes did too?

This all begs the question to be asked about who recruited this man to the SPFL and what due diligence was undertaken by the SPFL prior to his recruitment.
I think this will come out soon. Not just with McLennan - but Gary Hughes.

Who proposed their appointments?

To an extent, Hughes and McLennan are mere pawns. The people to go after are the people who put them in their positions.

Liewell and Dungcaster are the ones who are controlling our game , Regan went against them and they got rid. This is manipulation of our game on a huge scale to one teams benefit. A match being fixed is huge, what does fixing a league equate too?

We need to keep the pressure on.
The media will try and make it go away because the vast majority are on the payroll.
This is just the tip of the iceberg with regards to their corruption.
They used our demise to strengthen their control of the game in this country. Slowly but surely we are gaining strength and bringing down their control should be our focus.
It wont be easy, expect some negative press in the coming days/weeks.

To an extent, Hughes and McLennan are mere pawns. The people to go after are the people who put them in their positions.

Recruitment was undertaken by Nolan Recruitment. Lawwell has used them in the past as Kevin Reid former Chairman of Celtic son John Reid runs it. Kevin Reid is no stranger to corruption. Look up Lobbygate. He once tried to get ahead in life by telling businesses that he could get them access to the first Minister Jack McConnell through his Dad.

It's Crunchy Nuts feck Corn Flakes so stick to the REAL News not FAKE News

Take a chill pill my man

calmdown.png

Even if they are not happy with the way things are being run, they are happy to have Dave King fight their battles for them while they stay well hidden and out of the firing line. I think the term "shitebags" is apt.

Is it possible that King is the only one that could do this because they cannot harm him. He is beyond their reach as they have no control over SA media.

MI5 anyone?

In any game of chess you have to remove the Pawns to get to the queen, or in this case Liewell.

This is hugely important. If King can keep the momentum up and get this guy out of here it not only gets Desmond’s spy in the camp out but it sends a pretty powerful message that we are taking no more shit. Other clubs and the SPFL/SFA will seriously think twice before taking us on as they know the grief it will cause.

Recruitment was undertaken by Nolan Recruitment. Lawwell has used them in the past as Kevin Reid former Chairman of Celtic son John Reid runs it. Kevin Reid is no stranger to corruption. Look up Lobbygate. He once tried to get ahead in life by telling businesses that he could get them access to the first Minister Jack McConnell through his Dad.
But, surely, person or persons within the SPFL sanctioned the final appointment. Who were they?

It'll be interesting to see which journalist if any lead with this in the Monday columns given the deleting of info that's went on over the weekend.

Over to you lads..

But, surely, person or persons within the SPFL sanctioned the final appointment. Who were they?
Indeed, the club routinely had any complaints dismissed out of hand.
Times have now changed, Rangers are now in a position to examine every external appointment made by the SFA/SFPL, especially if there is any involvement by Nolan Partners and/or Harper McLeod.
If any other mentally challengeds get in under the radar, it will be our own fault.

It's clearly rotten to the core.

But they have an enormous problem here. If he resigns or is forced to go they are agreeing it's rotten or admitting they made a mistake.

The mentally challenged cabal aren't stupid and must've known a challenge would come at some point. They'll have the football authorities & MM tied up.

I'm not sure that they did know a challenge would come. The arrogance of power is often a breeding ground for complacency.

I'd hire Stewart Regan on a retainer which pays more than his gagging contract. He knows where the bodies are hidden.
Gagging orders can be questioned in court and be put aside, if there is proof of wrongdoing. Regan isn't clear of all this quite yet imo.

I'm not sure that they did know a challenge would come. The arrogance of power is often a breeding ground for complacency.

This is true.

Just think they have people placed everywhere.

The media, business world, legal circles and of course the football authorities

Regan was another placeman

Hired to do a job

The corruption in this shitey little backwater is trully staggering

He as good as admitted this himself.

He said he didn’t apply for his position but was approached. Presumably by Nolan Bros. Now who told them to approach him we don’t know for sure but we can all have a guess.

And I’m pretty sure Doncaster’s appointment run along the same lines.

He said he didn’t apply for his position but was approached. Presumably by Nolan Bros. Now who told them to approach him we don’t know for sure but we can all have a guess.

Regan worked beside Lawwell at Coors many moons ago.

They must have struck up a special relationship based on mutual interests :rolleyes:

The @4ladshadadreamon twitter last night stating that SPFL Chairman McLennan has starting to delete his internet profile.........why?
These include Gallowgate Families support group.......who are they? ...................bhegger related?
his Glasgow Univ profile.............................why this?

Well done guys for highlighting this
Ibrox Noise claiming an "exclusive" on this story FFS

I think the phrase was headhunted.

I mean throughout the entire business/corporate world of the UK and even further afield, who better than someone who knew nothing about football never mind Scottish football, to come in and run it?
Now, what was Stewart Regan's particular unique selling point?

I mean throughout the entire business/corporate world of the UK and even further afield, who better than someone who knew nothing about football never mind Scottish football, to come in and run it?

Stewart Regan, apparently, knew nothing of the religious dimension surrounding football in Glasgow despite his own brother lecturing on Irish history and being a member of the North East Irish Cultural Network. He knew nothing, like all the rest of them.

Yep, he had been running Yorkshire Cricket Club before being "headhunted". So he was obviously the ideal candidate to be running Scottish football.

Yep, he had been running Yorkshire Cricket Club before being "headhunted". So he was obviously the ideal candidate to be running Scottish football.
Rememeber Regan's brother is a lecturer on Irish politics at Durham University so he seems to have come from the relevant background.

Does he really think that, if there is anything incriminating in the files, Dave King's guys have not already got screen shots and copies of them?

I thought this clown was supposed to be on the leading edge of the digital revolution?
. He's not, which is exactly what PE exposed a few months ago. He's practically ruined the Daily Telegraph, it was under his stewardship that Peter Oborne resigned due to his massaging of the news in favour of the advertisers. And STILL the SPFL appointed him!

Remember, one of the first things Regan did was to pay a "courtesy visit" to Lawwell at the Piggery. I don't think he extended that "courtesy" to any other club.

He also said that he couldn't right a century of institutionalised discrimination i.e. against Celtic in a few months in a statement that disappeared quicker and more completely than the Punch a Pape statement by Archbishop O'Buser. When someone obviously said' FFS. You are giving the game away'.

Back