Aston Villa in financial trouble?

20180605_165157.jpg

I think they are in a bad way, especially when taking the chairmans comments last week into regard.

Hopefully they get it sorted, I have no leanings to them what so ever but the club should not be punished by the ineptitude of one man

Isn’t it strange how as soon as you see things like “winding up order” your first thought, regardless of allegiance is:
“That’s terrible, hope they get sorted, fans don’t deserve that”

Except if you’re a parochial, bitter weasel who supports a Scottish Premier League side of course.

Villa Fans are a Loyal bunch they will get through this like we did. By Craig Whyte swooping in for their assets and selling them to Green and Ahmed.

Isn’t it strange how as soon as you see things like “winding up order” your first thought, regardless of allegiance is:

Except if you’re a parochial, bitter weasel who supports a Scottish Premier League side of course.
That's a great point.

I think it extended throughout the four divisions in Scotland, though.

He tried to gave a go at Rangers move for Lescott early doors.
He had a couple of daft wee digs at us, I can’t remember what the other was. He didn’t come across as the guy who’d make them a mid table epl team again. I wonder how much money he lost. Probably not much if any. I wonder if he gained the odd million sloshing around down there.

A first class analysis, your honorary degree in Scottish Psychiatry will be bestowed on you in due course.

seems they may have a chance to settle the debt although no idea if this is correct.

Gregg Evans
@greggevans40

#avfc have suspended CEO Keith Wyness with immediate effect. Reports claim that Villa missed a tax payment and have a week to pay it or face a winding-up order from HMRC. Villa are expected to make a payment in the next 24/48 hours and that should solve it.

Even if they do solve this issue with one payment, their finances must be pretty dire. They bet massively on getting straight back up last year (and spent 70m+ to do it), failed and now they have failed again (albeit narrowly) this season. Another failure this season and they might implode without the parachute payments.

I don't want to see Villa come to any harm. They are one of the great clubs of English football. That said, what I will be interested in seeing is how HMRC deal with the situation. They set their precedent with us and I wonder if they will stick by their previous policy.

Don’t want villa under pressure,but the fat wyness fella downed us at every opportunity,sure he was trolling the docks area in “fit like “country.

I don't want to see Villa come to any harm. They are one of the great clubs of English football. That said, what I will be interested in seeing is how HMRC deal with the situation. They set their precedent with us and I wonder if they will stick by their previous policy.

A winding up order is a pretty serious statement of intent.

A full investigation to his entire tenure there will now be afoot. You don’t get served with a winding up order for missed payment, this can only be in relation to several missed payments which is extremely suspicious.

Last edited:
As always, feel for the fans, sure this will pass.

Having said that, Dr Xia doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence that he’s not another chancer. That business with Lescott was a joke. And, yes, Wyness is a turkey.

There in a real mess - need to make 40m of savings. Will sell there best players and have already releases Terry. I doubt we’ll see them back in the EPL any time soon, more likely first division

Don’t think it’s as bad as is being made out to be honest.

They’ll pay the bill and it will be business as normal.

Back