Aston Villa in financial trouble?

Sounds pretty grim for them to be honest.

Looking at some of the figures their wage bill must be astronomical, although given they were apparently paying John Terry £70k a week to play second tier football that perhaps isn’t surprising.

Sounds a bit like our predicament pre admin?....We were bankrolled by the Murray Group until the financial crash in 2007/8 and then the money stopped!..I do hope Villa come out of this?..I have a lot of close family in Birmingham who are all Villa fans

I have no love for Villa. I dislike them, and have felt that way since the 70's.

Having said that, I hope they get out the predicament they are in, I would not wish what happened to us on any English club.

It will be interesting to see how the FA and the English media treat Villa. We can then compare the treatment of them against the treatment we received from the Scottish media and both the SFA and SPL.

I don't want to see Villa come to any harm. They are one of the great clubs of English football. That said, what I will be interested in seeing is how HMRC deal with the situation. They set their precedent with us and I wonder if they will stick by their previous policy.

Not to mention the football league who have decimated my club for years and years who appeared to take great delight in deducting an unprecedented number of points at every opportunity, albeit Ken fucking Bates and his dodgy entourage hardly helped.

Apparently losing £4-5m a month which was being funded from China and the money not coming in anymore. I've never really liked (or disliked) Aston Villa but hope someone else comes in and sorts them out although I wouldn't be surprised if this Chinese guy won't sell without trying to recoup all his losses.

Apparently losing £4-5m a month which was being funded from China and the money not coming in anymore. I've never really liked (or disliked) Aston Villa but hope someone else comes in and sorts them out although I wouldn't be surprised if this Chinese guy won't sell without trying to recoup all his losses.

On the other side of it, do they have any decent players we could get on the cheap?

The owner has been left with egg on his face. Found this on twitter.

De_3KqzXUAAGC5q.jpg

Back