Official Rangers win case over tickets with SPFL - but authorities refuse to issue compliance edict to Celtic

800 away fans is reasonable across the board and the SPFL have once again shown themselves as usual to be subservient to the mhanky club.
If any club wishes to offer more in order to fill their ground because their own supporters don’t turn up then that should be permitted.

Precedent set here surely, If 2 clubs in dispute and one refuses to engage with the SPFL then no action will be taken?
We all know if the issue was reversed the bent SPFL would have hammer us.

The real issue here is the hold they have on the SPFL and its members only acting in the best interests of one club.
I never want to see them polluting Ibrox again but it’s the corruption within the SPFL that concerns me.
I think that's what rangers have basically referenced.

That it now longer matters what the spfl say if they don't punish celtic then any decision they make can be ignored by non conpliance

Should be taking this further. Courts if neccesary even if it postpones the game. Cant just let them dictate like this
No, we absolutely cannot allow them to dictate like this. The rules are the rules. They have broken them by doing this and therefore should be punished. If they are not, it proves beyond any "reasonable" doubt that the scum are undoubtedly in control of the spfl/sfa/snp/green cabal that currently runs Scottish football. I agree with you Sammy, this needs to be taken to court and those barstewards should be punished big time by taking the stance that they have.

Celtic have released an official statement

Given the recent serious safety and matchday issues which our fans have experienced at fixtures at Ibrox and Celtic Park, Celtic's position on this matter has been very clear.

Celtic welcomes the opportunity to seek to resolve these important issues, and it was a hearing for which the Club was very well-prepared.

We are pleased that the sub-committee recognised the importance of safety and matchday experience issues in considering the question of a reasonable allocation for both fixtures.

While respecting the ongoing process, Celtic stands by its decision not to allocate any tickets for away supporters for the match on December 30th.

Celtic will continue to focus on the importance of safety and matchday experience issues as we look to address reasonable allocations at Celtic Park and Ibrox from next year, in a responsible manner.
As I said. They are pushing for the minimum % introduction.

Rangers should show them the respect they have shown us and refuse to engage in any form of dialogue with these bhigoted hate filled scum. They've cowtowed to the Green Brigade pressure and expect them to be let back in at the 30 th December with open arms. I wonder how this would have panned out if it was us doing what they've done. , no doubt they would have " dug out " a rule never heard of before to punish us, it's so blatant now the bias shown to the soapdodgers it's laughable. Yet these same tinks think they're hard done by with conspiracies galore. Fcuk them and the SPFL
They can stick their fcukin piggery up their arse. . The good thing to come out of this is we'll never have to suffer them in Ibrox again.

Last edited:
And there should now be none of their fans allowed into the stadium ever again until this is sorted.

If this is about their demands for the Broomloan stand and their demand for “safety” as they keep putting it, if that’s the case then we should also be demanding that our fans are given and equal allocation and in a better section of their ground, right behind the goal as it used to be so we aren’t stuck away in a corner so no television cameras can see.

This is always been about power. It always has been, it always will be. That lot don’t ever want to be seen to be under the boot of the Protestant club in the way they used to be for decades. They’ve had success on the park and domination off it and they don’t want to lose face. It’s all about power and for them to have the final say.

We need our board to be strong enough and goddamn smart enough to see through this oppressive bullshit and stand firm. We make our demands too, we take them to task and get what we want if they want to stamp their feet and get their way.

We need to be strong willed and fight fire with fire with this lot. Lawwell has far to much power and has wielded it for too long but he’s getting old and he will get sloppy and he will slip at some point and the club needs to be ready to take advantage of it. It’s dirty tricks from this mob, it’s always been that way.

Can you imagine the SPFL response if Rangers now released this statement?

After the SPFL sub committee permitting Celtic FC to deny entry to any away fans and ignoring the previously agreed rules, Rangers can now confirm that no supporters of either Hibernian or Aberdeen FC will receive tickets for the next matches between the clubs at Ibrox. This is due to their mocking of the Ibrox disaster, and the serious impact this has had on both safety and the match day experience. The SPFL has not been consulted on this, nor have the other clubs concerned. Rangers understand that precedent has now been set and the SPFL will therefore not intervene.

:))

Given the recent serious safety and matchday issues which our fans have experienced at fixtures at Ibrox and Celtic Park, Celtic's position on this matter has been very clear.

Celtic welcomes the opportunity to seek to resolve these important issues, and it was a hearing for which the Club was very well-prepared.

We are pleased that the sub-committee recognised the importance of safety and matchday experience issues in considering the question of a reasonable allocation for both fixtures.

While respecting the ongoing process, Celtic stands by its decision not to allocate any tickets for away supporters for the match on December 30th.

Celtic will continue to focus on the importance of safety and matchday experience issues as we look to address reasonable allocations at Celtic Park and Ibrox from next year, in a responsible manner.

First of all. Its not within Celtics remit to decide what a "safe" number of fans are at another clubs ground.

Secondly. If "safety" is their priority. Then why arent they pushing for no fans at all? Which would be the safest option of all?

A club so comfortable with their total influence over the game up here. They can dictate SPFL policy publically without a hint of fear of any ramifications.

and some of the moon howlers still think the suggestion is ridiculous that the game up here is ran by them.

a committee finds against them and their position, but won`t do anything as a result. When we don`t agree a sponsorship in line with their own rules however, it is deemed necessary to waste a fortune of the leagues money on court action against us that they ultimately lose.

They will no doubt still be pushing for a minimum percentage allocation which will undoubtedly push the numbers they will get into territory where we need to give them the full broomloan stand again and there-by restore the advantage that gives them.

I also don`t hear it mentioned enough that it was the actions of the staff and their players that sickened our fan base and likely our board that played a part in our decision to rescind their up to then generous allocation in a premium area of our stadium.

going far beyond that which would be considered sporting and decent.

Last edited:

I'd like to see concrete evidence that supports and justifies their current actions given that the fixture has been played and policed for well over a century.

Rangers should put a survey out to season ticket holders/RSCs and see what paying customers actually want in this fixture, zero fans or 800 is a total waste of everybody's time.

The biggest derby in Europe is becoming tame, sadly wet wipes on both sides crying about songs etc was the start of it, an absolute disgrace.
The barrier to us increasing an allocation is sponsor agreements and the club wanting tickets for offsite hospitality. If that could be overcome theyd happy shaft RSCs and match to match fans

They're scum and they know they are. End of.

This is one of Lawwell's pets tweeting before Celtic released their statement. Don't be surprised if the moron Brigade dispute is suddenly solved and they're allowed to attend games again before the 30th.

Basically saying they want the old allocations back without actually saying.

Safety concerns are an absolute red herring, its petty tit for tat nonsense from them but as per they're far to sneaky to just come out and be honest.

If they have genuine safety concerns then game should be behind closed doors until they can present Rangers and their own fans with an acceptable and workable solution.

800 or fcuk all should be our final offer. Do not give this mob a single inch, and tell the SPFL where to go if they try to impose a minimum percentage.

I'd like to see concrete evidence that supports and justifies their current actions given that the fixture has been played and policed for well over a century.
If they had any they'd highlight them.
They don't, it's all about forcing their way into every seat in the Broomloan.
Celtc will happily shaft their own fans to get this, Rangers need to stand their ground and stand by their own.

They want the old allocation back.
Rangers should refuse unless they give us the same percentage BUT behind the goals, not the restricted view that half our fans get at their pit.
Only then should them getting tickets even be considered.

This was never going to be resolved mid-season and probably rightly so - the meltdown would have been epic if one was perceived to have an advantage over another.
Celtic refused their allocation for the game at Ibrox, so it's difficult to see how anyone could be perceived to have an advantage

The SPFL found it within their remit to force Rangers to charge fans for 2015 playoff matches.

But then refused to stop Motherwell giving us a couple hundred.

None of what occurs with the SPFL should ever be a surprise since 2012.

It always comes back to 2012.

image upload

Safety concerns are an absolute red herring, its petty tit for tat nonsense from them but as per they're far to sneaky to just come out and be honest.

If they have genuine safety concerns then game should be behind closed doors until they can present Rangers and their own fans with an acceptable and workable solution.
I broadly agree with what you say however tit for tat involves two opposing protagonists.
There's only one side manipulating here.
If possible Id like to see a legal challenge where evidence is called that can be put under objective scrutiny.
At present celtic are being allowed to produce empty soundbites to justify their manipulations.

There's no safety concerns or the game wouldn't be allowed to be played at all. The same provisions have been made to every other team without major incident for 40 years.

It's laughable that these mutants believe they can brow beat us into giving them an allocation of their choosing.

There's no need to write new rules, the rules are there in black and white. Offer a reasonable allocation. They were offered the same allocation as every other club, the very definition of reasonable. If they don't like it, don't come back. They won't be missed.

The spfl were quick enough to take Rangers to arbitration and ignore their own rulebook when they perceived Rangers to not comply, what's the hold up here?

I hate them as well. But I love Rangers more and Rangers fans deserve to go to Parkhead especially with how we are playing just now. Imagine the difference 7,500 of us going there could make.
If we ever get back there in numbers Nord, we'll be demanding more than 7,500 tickets. 7,500 is the capacity of the Broomloan, which is what they want back for OF games. If we ever agree that they get the Broomloan back, then we must get the proportionate number of tickets at the piggery, which is greater than 7,500. Additionally, our tickets must be in exactly the same location in their dump as they would get in the Broomloan - I.e. exactly behind the goal at one end of their dump. If they cannot accommodate that, then fcuk them. Ach, fcuk them anyway.

Who said 7,500?

2,500 would be able to accommodate all of our STH’s whilst giving our loyal supporters who follow us EVERY week the chance to watch us away from home in a derby.

Celtic don't want this. Your 2,500 compromise would be the next step towards the full stand. It's naive to think otherwise.

It's not really about right or wrong anymore. It's about power. Rangers can't back down over this.

I think Rangers are playing a blinder here. We are obeying the rules by offering 800 tickets. If the peasants refuse them, then that is not our concern. Let the peasants keep breaching the SPFL rules without punishment. It just confirms to the other clubs who are the problems here, both Celtc and the SPFL. The very idea of Celtc concerned about fan safety is being laughed at by anyone who has visited the piggery, where they stab each other in their Executive Lounges. :))

Who said 7,500?

2,500 would be able to accommodate all of our STH’s whilst giving our loyal supporters who follow us EVERY week the chance to watch us away from home in a derby.

"I hate them as well. But I love Rangers more and Rangers fans deserve to go to Parkhead especially with how we are playing just now. Imagine the difference 7,500 of us going there could make"

You did.

I think Rangers are playing a blinder here. We are obeying the rules by offering 800 tickets. If the peasants refuse them, then that is not our concern. Let the peasants keep breaching the SPFL rules without punishment. It just confirms to the other clubs who are the problems here, both Celtc and the SPFL.

The other clubs simply don’t care - if they did we’d have had the change of governance that we wanted years ago

Playing this game showing Celtic to be in the wrong means it’s our fans that suffer in the meantime, every time

Rangers statement is alright, there’s a couple of good bits in it so no problem there - my problem is that our statements are never followed up by any meaningful action

If we ever get back there in numbers Nord, we'll be demanding more than 7,500 tickets. 7,500 is the capacity of the Broomloan, which is what they want back for OF games. If we ever agree that they get the Broomloan back, then we must get the proportionate number of tickets at the piggery, which is greater than 7,500. Additionally, our tickets must be in exactly the same location in their dump as they would get in the Broomloan - I.e. exactly behind the goal at one end of their dump. If they cannot accommodate that, then fcuk them. Ach, fcuk them anyway.

Exactly. 800 or nothing, preferably nothing.

You won't because there isn't any.

The fastest camera phones in world football would produce proof in less than a heartbeat if they had it.

They literally train their supporters to get the cameras out at the slightest hint of trouble or injustice, and yet we're expected to take them at face value here.

I expect Rangers are well down the road in knowing this was coming, I fully expect us to adopt zero compliance wherever the club sees fit.

Ffs haha. Tbh I don’t think the 7,500 is realistic. It will be 5% probably rather than 10%.
So your happy to kowtow to those cvnts just so you can get a ticket to their shithole? No wonder they have so much influence.
That’s not the case. I want to support Rangers
Compromises will have to be made one way or another my friend.
Celtic don't want this. Your 2,500 compromise would be the next step towards the full stand. It's naive to think otherwise.

It's not really about right or wrong anymore. It's about power. Rangers can't back down over this.
7,500 was always a gentleman’s agreement. It was never written in stone. The next stage is a % agreement minimum in the rulling. Then there is no way we are legally obliged to offer more than that. So your point is nonsense.
Offer Celtic that number and I guarantee they'll reject it. They want the Broomloan or nothing.
See above. They are pushing for as many as possible. They are likely to realise that the SPFL are only going to agree to the same figure at the Scottish Cup dictates which is 5%.
"I hate them as well. But I love Rangers more and Rangers fans deserve to go to Parkhead especially with how we are playing just now. Imagine the difference 7,500 of us going there could make"

You did.
I would love the old allocation with a compromise that we changed location or we got % wise more but it isn’t realistic. The 5% rule is likely.

The other clubs simply don’t care - if they did we’d have had the change of governance that we wanted years ago

Playing this game showing Celtic to be in the wrong means it’s our fans that suffer in the meantime, every time

Rangers statement is alright, there’s a couple of good bits in it so no problem there - my problem is that our statements are never followed up by any meaningful action

I reckon Celtc's open contempt for the SPFL and their rules without punishment says it all. They want to be treated differently regarding tickets at Ibrox, but those days are over. They are just another club like all the rest, and we'll treat them all the same.

There'll be a lot of comments from both sides, but one consequence of this I've not seen much speculation on is how other clubs will react specifically to this precedent. It's now been established that you don't have to allow an away allocation into your stadium. Not only will the SPFL not do anything, they seemingly can't.

If I'm running a club like Hearts, and I'm confident that my own fans can fill the stadium and sell it out, why would I allow Rangers or Celtic to have any away fans at all when they come to Tynecastle?

Back