Official Rangers win case over tickets with SPFL - but authorities refuse to issue compliance edict to Celtic

Can any older bears confirm how much the old Rangers end (I think the Janefield Stand it was called) held at the piggery? I stood in it a couple of times as a wee boy in the early 90s and if my memory serves I think we got something 13 - 15,000 tickets?

By 1999 they had fully redeveloped the midden and it was back up to 60,000 however we were given around 7,500.

The next time one of them tell you that we started the allocation debacle it might be worth pointing them in the direction of this fact and who actually began cutting the away allocation first.

Definitely came from lawwell done deliberately to cause animosity. Here is another tweet from the same person how would he know who attended the meeting without getting from the club.

Bisgrove didn’t need to be at that meeting. Conflict of interest if he’s on the SPFL board. Lawwell being there, or Nicholson, is only to flex the muscles and to influence proceedings.

If there are safety concerns indeed, then that rancid lot should come out and state each and every concern that’s been there since the allocation was cut, and what is the difference between then and now? And what is the safety concerns for away fans going forward as they state? Our fans aren’t safe at the midden, that’s been proven before and filmed.

If it’s about safety as they say, then the simple answer from here on in is no away fans at this fixture in the future. That assures the fans safety unequivocally.

They don’t want the safety aspect, they want the full broomloan stand without actually saying it.

We have too many season ticket holders now anyway to offer them anywhere near the old allocation so %^*& them.
And no tinpot league committee vote will ever see us turning away fans who paid for a ticket for all games this season 7 months ago.

Yahoos playing yahoo games.

Rangers have played this correctly. They have called the league ruling body out, confirmed they have backed the club in their stance and agreed the yahoos are in the wrong.

They have now passed the ball for the ruling body to fix it. I would be amazed if the club have not warned them of the next move if they don't ensure their rules are abided by.

There is not a chance in hell Rangers will increase the 800 allocation at the expense of season ticket holders in the coming years.

It’s quite simple really, just don’t let in any away fans full stop. League, cup anything.

Sick to the back teeth of people rules this rules that blah blah. We’re the only reason there’s any sort of money in this tin pot league.

This is one of Lawwell's pets tweeting before Celtic released their statement. Don't be surprised if the moron Brigade dispute is suddenly solved and they're allowed to attend games again before the 30th.

Fucking idiot. The safety net is exactly that, for the fragile minds of celtic fans who need a comfort blanket to watch a game of football more so an admission that celtic are being particularly childish. They site "safety" concerns for purely petulant reasons.

Was always going to happen. The league is too scared of Celtic to force them to comply.
Yes but, it’s all part of the conspiracy against Celtic.
Where every decision goes against them and no further action is taken against them because, well, they’ve found a way to not force them to comply.

It’s quite simple really, just don’t let in any away fans full stop. League, cup anything.

Sick to the back teeth of people rules this rules that blah blah. We’re the only reason there’s any sort of money in this tin pot league.
If that corner is unsafe for the Bheasts it must be unsafe for other fans,Rangers can’t take the risk of putting football fans in danger,Time to keep opposition fans away from Ibrox for their own safety.

Can any older bears confirm how much the old Rangers end (I think the Janefield Stand it was called) held at the piggery? I stood in it a couple of times as a wee boy in the early 90s and if my memory serves I think we got something 13 - 15,000 tickets?

By 1999 they had fully redeveloped the midden and it was back up to 60,000 however we were given around 7,500.

The next time one of them tell you that we started the allocation debacle it might be worth pointing them in the direction of this fact and who actually began cutting the away allocation first.

We used to get over 19,000 for our end, Add in a section of the priests main stand, About 21k.
Back in my youth we took half the jungle up as well.

I think Rangers are playing a blinder here. We are obeying the rules by offering 800 tickets. If the peasants refuse them, then that is not our concern. Let the peasants keep breaching the SPFL rules without punishment. It just confirms to the other clubs who are the problems here, both Celtc and the SPFL. The very idea of Celtc concerned about fan safety is being laughed at by anyone who has visited the piggery, where they stab each other in their Executive Lounges. :))
I hope you're right Muttley!

Until 1994 we got around 18k-20k which was nearly 3 times more than they got for Ibrox at the time

We technically cut it 1st once we started to rebuild Ibrox in the late 1970s would have more then the 12k-13k they eventfully got around that time after the rebuild down to 7500 in 1989

Every club suffered when terracing was replaced with seats at grounds

Until 1994 we got around 18k-20k which was nearly 3 times more than they got for Ibrox at the time

We technically cut it 1st once we started to rebuild Ibrox in the late 1970s would have more the 12k-13k they eventfully got around that time down to 7500 in 1989

Every club suffered when terracing was replaced with seats at grounds
Yeah that sounds about right. The point I’m making is they’ve drawn a line in the stand from the moment that the allocation suited them. When they’re going on about bringing the old allocation back they mean they want the allocation that benefitted them.

Forget the noise and everything else. They are shitebags. That’s it. Nothing more

Mate, the peasants are making complete idiots of themselves when citing " crowd safety " as an issue. They were throwing punches and fighting among themselves in the stands at the piggery just a few days ago during the Hearts game. :))
Plus they have just banned their own support for hooliganism like behaviour and they’re the most fined club in Europe

It’s clear it’s their own support that’s the problem

There'll be a lot of comments from both sides, but one consequence of this I've not seen much speculation on is how other clubs will react specifically to this precedent. It's now been established that you don't have to allow an away allocation into your stadium. Not only will the SPFL not do anything, they seemingly can't.

If I'm running a club like Hearts, and I'm confident that my own fans can fill the stadium and sell it out, why would I allow Rangers or Celtic to have any away fans at all when they come to Tynecastle?
On the flip side, why should Rangers, with thousands waiting for season tickets, provide an away allocation to anyone? How many teams even sell it out?

It would be more financially beneficial to the club, in terms of policing and seats actually sold to make Ibrox a Rangers only stadium.

The guarantee of safety argument is absolutely laughable as well. The only way to guarantee the safety of away fans at a stadium 100% is to not have any at all.

We used to get over 19,000 for our end, Add in a section of the priests main stand, About 21k.
Back in my youth we took half the jungle up as well.
Yep, we definitely had half the jungle at one time, with a huge metal wire partition from floor to roof at about the halfway line. Remember that? The view was sh!te though and the wire partition was incapable of preventing the shower of coins and ball- bearings that often rained down on us from their end.

Rangers should employ 800 security personnel

Rangers team needs protection from when they arrive at the car park and have to walk through their screaming hordes

Perhaps 800 union bears could Act as security and form a guard of honour from the bus to the main entrance of the piggery creating a safe space for our players

Not surprised at all have been saying for ages they wouldn’t give us one. Even more so due to their recent form.

Doesn’t make it any less disappointing that we could win there on the 30th and our players will have no support to celebrate with.

Probably draw them in Scottish cup now and will be interesting what happens with away allocation
I would assume because there is a specific percentage in the Scottish cup that it would be allocated. I’m sure its something like 20%, except when it happened in 2011 both clubs just gave 7500 at each ground due to the police deciding it wasn’t safe to give 20% at either.

However, after the ruling agreeing with us and still not getting one I wouldn’t be surprised if it was also zero.

Yeah that sounds about right. The point I’m making is they’ve drawn a line in the stand from the moment that the allocation suited them. When they’re going on about bringing the old allocation back they mean they want the allocation that benefitted them.
Yeah their long term goal is the Broomloan I get that as that would their old allocation after it been cut 5 years ago - most people probably only remember them been in the Broomloan prior to 2018

All I want is something that doesn't impact our support home and away

Probably draw them in Scottish cup now and will be interesting what happens with away allocation
Aberdeen didn’t give us the 20% we were due when we played them in 2019, their argument was due to the internal fence. Not sure us or Celtic would have any credible argument to prevent the old 7500 allocations considering the police managed them safely for a few decades

On the flip side, why should Rangers, with thousands waiting for season tickets, provide an away allocation to anyone? How many teams even sell it out?

It would be more financially beneficial to the club, in terms of policing and seats actually sold to make Ibrox a Rangers only stadium.

The guarantee of safety argument is absolutely laughable as well. The only way to guarantee the safety of away fans at a stadium 100% is to not have any at all.
I know we give 800 tickets as allocation recently, but do you know what the total figure is for the allocation plus the empty seats?

Yep, we definitely had half the jungle at one time, with a huge metal wire partition from floor to roof at about the halfway line. Remember that? The view was sh!te though and the wire partition was incapable of preventing the shower of coins and ball- bearings that often rained down on us from their end.
Dont forget pies, hot bovril, half bottles and nails. Shower of filth. Nothing changes.

Aberdeen didn’t give us the 20% we were due when we played them in 2019, their argument was due to the internal fence. Not sure us or Celtic would have any credible argument to prevent the old 7500 allocations considering the police managed them safely for a few decades
Pretty sure the police had a strong say in the Aberdeen scenario too. Didn’t want to deal with 4000 so left it to the usual 2000 at the time.

I would assume because there is a specific percentage in the Scottish cup that it would be allocated. I’m sure its something like 20%, except when it happened in 2011 both clubs just gave 7500 at each ground due to the police deciding it wasn’t safe to give 20% at either.

However, after the ruling agreeing with us and still not getting one I wouldn’t be surprised if it was also zero.
It is upto 20% for Scottish Cup subject to police etc

I know we give 800 tickets as allocation recently, but do you know what the total figure is for the allocation plus the empty seats?
Corner area holds around just over 1300

Their allocation no more than 800

Few other clubs have close to 1000

Think everyone would be happy with the euro allocation.
As long as they need to be in the ground 2 hours before kick off like us
They will never be happy unless they have the full Broomloan back. To give them a European allocation will only lead to more shouts of supporters not feeling safe and a push for a bigger allocation.

The way they are acting they deserve to be told 800 is the max your getting. To give them anything more than that is backing down and showing them that we are happy to allow them to break the rules & will even reward them for doing it by giving them more tickets.

It is upto 20% for Scottish Cup subject to police etc
You can absolutely see it happening that the scenario is thrown up in the same season its ruled they can choose not to allocate any tickets for away fans at league games.

Whatever happened to "sporting integrity"? what they are doing is gaining a sporting advantage by breaking the rules, this situation must be dealt with severely by the football authorities. In my opinion the serious nature of this move by Celtic must receive a punishment befitting the crime and I don't think a points deduction of say 3 points is overdoing it.

Back