It’s the end of the road for Tav, Goldson and several others

Full clear out needed.

There's no nice way of saying some of these things. Tav is not a right back. If the club wants to keep him then its pushed forward into midfield or it's nothing. Goldson is prone to making some shocking errors. Barasic is at the end of his career with the club. Davies isnt good enough to be part of the squad.

Midfield? Lundstram might be able to fill a role, but it would have to be on realistic wages. I don't rate Raskin. He's shown absolutely nothing since we signed him to suggest that he'll ever meet his own ambitions, never mind ours. I hope that Diomande is an option to buy rather than an obligation, because it's one I wouldn't be taking advantage of. Dowell has never really been fit since signing for us. The Todd Cantwell that exists in his own head is nothing like the one that actually pulls on the jersey.

Up front? I wasn't convinced by Danilo before his injury and Dessers is not a striker who'll win us the title.

There's very little to actually build round in that squad. Almost nothing. Butland is a very good keeper. Souttar as a squad option isn't terrible. Yilmaz has improved this season and is worth sticking with. Sterling is ok as a versatile squad player. McAusland has potential. Thats about it. Thats about the sum total of current Rangers first team squad players you'd want to have in the squad next season. Clearly a rebuilding job of that magnitude in the space of 1 transfer window isn't going to happen, but thats how bad this Rangers squad is.

Im not so sure. Every season we hear the same thing: you can’t get rid of everyone, they are the leaders in the team so they play week in week out. That’s 3/4 managers seem to believe this leader pish.
There is absolutely no way Clement is going with these guys next season. He's not a stupid man and doesn't really have the same kind of loyalty to them that Beale etc did.

There is absolutely no way Clement is going with these guys next season. He's not a stupid man and doesn't really have the same kind of loyalty to them that Beale etc did.
I really hope you are right. Otherwise we could have another deja vu moment in the autumn next season.

Im not so sure. Every season we hear the same thing: you can’t get rid of everyone, they are the leaders in the team so they play week in week out. That’s 3/4 managers seem to believe this leader pish.
I'd love to find out what they mean by that. Keep hearing Lundstrum is a leader as well. I don't see it at all.

There’s not a single player I’d be worried about losing in the summer. That’s the sad reality.

Butland. Dio. Sterling. I’d like Cortes, if we can afford him. The rest can go.

Guys like Cantwell & Souttar avoid a lot of flak but they’ve been atrocious recently.
Cantwell has been one of the only class players we have and gives everything in the game .

Everyone had the fear when that same three out of the back four started the season. Proved right.

Cantwell has been one of the only class players we have and gives everything in the game .
He was probably our best player today but both him and Dowell let players run off them for the county goals.

Same happened in the first half and we were fortunate not to concede. It’s not rocket science to track your opposite number yet we let them away with this for the first 65 minutes.

One of the worst financial mistakes we made was giving Goldson something like £36,000 a week and there is many others in the squad sitting on lucrative contracts.

Getting these serial losers out the door will be a mighty task for Koppen as they won't get that money down South or elsewhere.

The gross mismanagement of the squad will haunt us for some time yet and our wage bill is beyond ridiculous.

He was probably our best player today but both him and Dowell let players run off them for the county goals.

Same happened in the first half and we were fortunate not to concede. It’s not rocket science to track your opposite number yet we let them away with this for the first 65 minutes.

Cantwell is positionally terrible. He’s in the #8 role but plays #10. Moves both sides, tracks at points but not at others. It ruins our already-dodgy structure.

He can make a difference in the final third but he’s another that heads into his shell when the chips are down.

cantwell was the only player who was doing anything today,

He's still a jobber. Fancy dan flicks and all that, but takes far too many touches far too often and has pretty poor end product for a guy playing predominantly as the number 10 for a side that dominates most games domestically.

Can't see it. He'll gut that squad top to bottom.

He may well, but that carries its own set of risks. Don't get it right quite quickly and staring down a 5-10 point deficit before Halloween and he'd be massively under pressure. Jesus, had we done our job properly a few years back Postecoglu wouldn't have made xmas in his 1st season. Instead we allowed them back in to it and he ended up winning a double then a treble. Do we expect that if roles are reversed and we have had this massive rebuild (with less funds than they had don't forget) and this massive turnover of players leads to a poor start to the season that they wont stand on our throats? It can unravel very, very quickly at Rangers. Just ask our last 2 managers!

I'm sick of the fucking sight of Tavenier, I really am. I'm grateful for his service and he's always given his all but he's not up to the job and certainly not as good as he thinks he is. Epitomises how far the standard of football in Scotland has fallen that he has been captain of this famous club.
There’s people in this forum that genuinely love Tav more than they love rangers! people on here have the cheek to slag a Callum McGregor or a Scott brown! I’m sick of the sight of Tav and fed up coming 2nd

Cantwell is positionally terrible. He’s in the #8 role but plays #10. Moves both sides, tracks at points but not at others. It ruins our already-dodgy structure.

He can make a difference in the final third but he’s another that heads into his shell when the chips are down.
He’s an inside right who thinks he’s an inside left then. ( In 60’s football speak ):)

He may well, but that carries its own set of risks. Don't get it right quite quickly and staring down a 5-10 point deficit before Halloween and he'd be massively under pressure. Jesus, had we done our job properly a few years back Postecoglu wouldn't have made xmas in his 1st season. Instead we allowed them back in to it and he ended up winning a double then a treble. Do we expect that if roles are reversed and we have had this massive rebuild (with less funds than they had don't forget) and this massive turnover of players leads to a poor start to the season that they wont stand on our throats? It can unravel very, very quickly at Rangers. Just ask our last 2 managers!
The alternative is continuing with the same core group and that quite simply isn't an option.

I'm not sure there's much to be done with what we have.

We have a good goalkeeper but there's not much else to build a team around.
Jack Butland, Sterling, Souttar, Ridvan and McCausland are the only ones I'd want to keep and not all as starters. Doubt we can afford Sima. Danilo deserves a chance.
I do like Cantwell but if we got any decent offer I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

But I don't think it matters who we sign until Tavernier, Goldson and Lundstram are gone.

Also, it's time we augmented our squad wirh academy players.
This will get the usual "we can't play kids due to the pressure" but Rangers should be able to produce players who can at least play at SPL level. Is there really not a single player at the academy who could do a better job in midfield than what we saw from Lundstram and Dowell today?

I'm not expecting a Barry Ferguson.
Far from it.
Just a player or two who we can trust to play against the jobbers of our league and fill out the squad to save us money.
McCausland has shown it can be done.

I’d like to see them all go regardless of what happens.

None of them are contributing anything and we’re all tired of seeing these losers in blue.

Tav, goldson and lunny are the 3 you look to for leadership and a bit of fight and they continue to provide zero!

Thanks, but time to move on.

How anyone can be the highest goal scoring right back in history of British football and be such a hinderance is beyond me!

He should be the most confident player on the park! Doesn't have the mentality to be a winner or a leader when times are tough!

Let's get real here. 2 of the 3 you name are up for player of the year.

Tav will be here next season whether people like it or not. He has scored 17 goals and assisted in a further 8.

It’s crazy that Beale wasted money , Now we have to start rebuilding again.Hope we search for talent down south like Sterling,Bassey, from academies.I like posters said we have to get it right( said to often)I would get young hungry players from anywhere and ship old guard out.Its scary times ahead for us in closing games

Keep Tav if we don't receive a good bid for him, but we need to start phasing him out gradually. If he doesn't want that then we do have to sell. We also need a new captain (I respect what Tav has done as a captain, but we're not winning leagues and it is time for a new era and new leadership).

Goldson and Lundstram can go now as far as I'm concerned. They have both been good servants but Goldson is past his best in an absolutely vital position. Lundstram has put in a power of work this season but his limitations hold us back. We need upgrades on both.

You sure on that?

This is the same Clement that started Scott Wright last week?

Managers have favourites and it quite often ends up costing them their job.

We should be having a major clear out in the summer
Today’s starting back 4 should be on the list- every one of them has regressed as defenders

Tav is often given a pass for his assists and goals but first and foremost he is a defender that many clubs target down the right side because he is vulnerable and has lost his pace.plus he isn’t vocal enough as a captain on the park

Goldson has become a liability with defensive positioning and errors in almost every game

Souttar gets dragged out of position far too often which leaves us exposed

Barasic is done at Rangers he is a shadow of the player we had 2 seasons ago
Watch the game back mate the amount of times Tav is nowhere to be seen with a County attack is actually unreal.

Tav was a big part of the problem, fucking passes and crosses all over the place! One footed and even that foot is decent at best. Goldson is the biggest coward although I should be pleased he won a header in the opposition box today before sima punched it in, in the days of var wkat goes through this guys head!
In fairness goldson wins almost every corner we take, and all the opposition teams thank him for clearing them out the park

You sure on that?

This is the same Clement that started Scott Wright last week?

Managers have favourites and it quite often ends up costing them their job.
Quite an odd thing to say.

What does Scott Wright starting last week have to do with him gutting the squad in the summer?

We will really struggle to move Goldson on, nobody is going to pay the wages he is on.

I could see Tav going to a Saudi club. I have a bad feeling Lundstram will sign a new deal

Quite an odd thing to say.

What does Scott Wright starting last week have to do with him gutting the squad in the summer?

You said:
He's not a stupid man and doesn't really have the same kind of loyalty to them that Beale etc did.

Yet not one fan would have had Scott Wright starting last week in our biggest game of the season.

Still seeing guys defending some of the clowns that have let us down time and time again. Some people seem to support individuals more than they support the team/club.

It doesn't matter who you are, if you're not performing, you should be out the team.

You said:
He's not a stupid man and doesn't really have the same kind of loyalty to them that Beale etc did.

Yet not one fan would have had Scott Wright starting last week in our biggest game of the season.
You think he started him out of loyalty?

Keep Tav imo.

The rest can go including Goldson, Souttar and Ridvan.

Id keep tav too tbh, not at right back though, i think he could do a job pushed up a bit, i know he has his critics but there’s no denying he’s a good attacking threat, the arm band has to come off him though, i might be wrong and publicly they would all say different, but in any job be it football or in a factory, people wont take much notice of someone trying too get on at them from someone who makes as much mistakes as them, for me the captain in any team has to be the 7 or 8 out of 10 most weeks to get the respect from the players who your trying to lead.

Back