If youve played over 75% of fixtures the title can be awarded?

They can do it if they want but it will always have a asterix. No two teams have played the same fixtures either with some having played more or less home games.

Can UEFA not intervene and make every league in Europe null and void?

If UEFA decide to start the UCL and EL as normal next season then this is what might have to happen. They can’t really postpone the start of next season as the euros look likely to be next summer now so that’s another big priority.

Good chance that they may advise every individual league and let them decide the outcomes which will be the real interesting part.

If they awarded them the tainted title , automatically means Hearts would go down , cant see them taking that one on the chin

I've had a quick look through the SFA Handbook and a slower look through the SPFL Rules and Regulations and can't find, admittedly on a speed read, any reference to that.

What - precisely - are they quoting? If they think they have 'something' then lets hear what it is.

I've had a quick look through the SFA Handbook and a slower look through the SPFL Rules and Regulations and can't find, admittedly on a speed read, any reference to that.

What - precisely - are they quoting? If they think they have 'something' then lets hear what it is.
They'll just make it up.

If a title is mathematically decided, likewise relegation then ok there’s a case for it but in the true fairness of “sporting integrity” Celtic could be caught and Rangers could win the league. If the spfl try to award to Celtic they then also have to relegate Hearts I am fairly sure the ensuing court cases for these and many other issues would ruin the organisation.

the only legitimate and correct way is suspend the season and to make it void.

I ventured onto Kerrydale Street for a look. What they appear to be referring to is the numerous mentions in the SPFL Rules and Regulations that make reference to the 33 game point. You know, where the split occurs. Doh! There is NOTHING in there about declaring anybody champions or relegated if a given number of games have been played. This will fall into the 'any other ruling the Board chooses to make' department and it will be for us, and the likes of Hearts, Accies, St Mirren etc to fight with the other clubs to force an agreement on what happens.

In other words, the Dhims are, as per, making things up as they go along. Their usual adage of repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

I'm away for some pc-sanitiser now. Or is that in short supply as well?

Unless I'm missing it i cannot see anything in the rules to determine the outcome of the league in these events, only thing remotely similar to what the tims are shouting about is Rule C35 & 36 to do with being on same points after 33 games it is at this point the final 5 games (post-split) must be played to determine a clear winner, and after this if it is still the same case it is then called a draw. whereupon a deciding league match will played to determine an out and out winner.

Rule C37 also states if league position between two or more cannot be determined by application of C35 (result after 33 matches, my take is the mathematical possibility at this point, but we're on 29) then a play-off decider will not be played and it will be deemed to have finished in equal position for all purposes i.e. euro qualification

Unless I'm missing it i cannot see anything in the rules to determine the outcome of the league in these events, only thing remotely similar to what the tims are shouting about is Rule C35 & 36 to do with being on same points after 33 games it is at this point the final 5 games (post-split) must be played to determine a clear winner, and after this if it is still the same case it is then called a draw. whereupon a deciding league match will played to determine an out and out winner.

Rule C37 also states if league position between two or more cannot be determined by application of C35 (result after 33 matches, my take is the mathematical possibility at this point, but we're on 29) then a play-off decider will not be played and it will be deemed to have finished in equal position for all purposes i.e. euro qualification

I had a scan through the rules pages myself and the possibility of the play-off is the only logical outcome I can see while things are mathematically up in the air and it looks impossible that fixtures could be fulfilled.

Calling BS.

Only thing I can see in the rules to support their argument is

1. The Club occupying position one in the League at the end of a Season shall be declared the Champion Club of the League
If the SPFL decided that the end of the season is now, then maybe on a technicality. I am sure it would be challenged though.

For the relegation clause it states after the completion of all games but it does not say this for the champion club. So I could see them trying to award a winner of each league with no promotions or relegations. Again, not without a challenge (hopefully).

It is over.
With clubs eg, Everton now having players test positive for the virus then the 4 od April watershed is unlikely to see a restart.
The scum will howl with rage but the games are unplayed . Therefore no title, no relegation and no promotion.

they have absolutely no integrity whatsoever. a vile club. people are going to lose their lives potentially, and all they care about is getting their hands on the title.

i think they'd claim the same if only 3 games had been played and the league was abandoned.

Clear as mud then

Back