If youve played over 75% of fixtures the title can be awarded?

I ventured onto Kerrydale Street for a look. What they appear to be referring to is the numerous mentions in the SPFL Rules and Regulations that make reference to the 33 game point. You know, where the split occurs. Doh! There is NOTHING in there about declaring anybody champions or relegated if a given number of games have been played. This will fall into the 'any other ruling the Board chooses to make' department and it will be for us, and the likes of Hearts, Accies, St Mirren etc to fight with the other clubs to force an agreement on what happens.

In other words, the Dhims are, as per, making things up as they go along. Their usual adage of repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

I'm away for some pc-sanitiser now. Or is that in short supply as well?
So they want to play enough games to reach the mercurial 33 ?
Sport is all about winning or losing by fine margins. I guess the Mhanks will just have to accept the fine nature of this particular margin.They didnt quite make it.
I take it we aren't clamouring to claim the runner-ups up title?

So they want to play enough games to reach the mercurial 33 ?
Sport is all about winning or losing by fine margins. I guess the Mhanks will just have to accept the fine nature of this particular margin.They didnt quite make it.
I take it we aren't clamouring to claim the runner-ups up title?

They are making it up. Even the 33 games thing in the rules relates solely to deciding positions for the split.

UEFA meeting all 55 football associations on Tuesday. They need a Europe-wide solution to this. Don’t let the Scottish football administrators anywhere near it.

Totally off-topic but weren’t you due to travel to Europe soon? Still on?

Yes for relegation and promotion. Not for Champion clubs which only states end of the season.
This could be a problem as SPFL/SFA could use this as solution to give them league but allow Hearts to stay up.
If so there surely be a huge response by Rangers!!
If not I along with many others will be OUT!
Fed up with pussy responses from our team!

Let’s be clear this is made up Bollocks. Let’s deal in facts.

From the SPFLs Rules & Regulations:

“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season”

“The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.”

There is nothing else that covers anything for Force Majeure.

So basically if each club doesn’t play 38 games each, the Season is not finished.
The 70% rule is bollox and just made up desperate stuff from them.
Like this definition except for "otherwise as determined by Board"
Surely they wouldnt use this as a get-out?

If they were awarded such a title, it would be an embarrassment. Imagine them parading the trophy, ticker tape, and disco lights on, knowing it was handed to them by a decision as corrupt as a brown envelope.

Yep. Rumours clubs are being told league is finished and that because 75% of games have been played the league table stands as is. Celtic get title, hearts relegated.

Hope its bull but you can totally see the authorities in this country doing that

Like this definition except for "otherwise as determined by Board"
Surely they wouldnt use this as a get-out?
You have to look at both definitions together.

The Board can change the definition of “Season” ie cut it short but it still doesn’t deflect from the fact that clubs need to play 38 games in a Season.

I’m not a lawyer but have a fair bit of contracts knowledge. It looks they have absolutely no provision for a Force Majeure event like this. In contracts hindsight is always beneficial.

If Uefa want to show any crumb of a backbone and credibility then they have to come up with a blanket decision across the leagues, as well as clear criteria for sorting out relegation and promotion.

Given how fucking rich their gravy train appears to be at times then you'd imagine if they just wrote the entire season off that they would be able to sort out financial compensation for the teams missing out on promotion.

Handing out prizes for uncompleted seasons would seem to be entirely against natural justice.

If the SFA and SPFL try to pull any stunts up here then we should resist in the strongest possible terms. I'd go so far as to say threatening to boycott all future games until it's resolved. I'd expect the board to show backbone too on this.

Personally I'm already pretty disillusioned with the state of Scottish football. If the scum are handed the title I'd really be considering whether I'll ever bother going back.

Yep. Rumours clubs are being told league is finished and that because 75% of games have been played the league table stands as is. Celtic get title, hearts relegated.

Hope its bull but you can totally see the authorities in this country doing that
Could see hearts taking legal action over this.

They are making it up. Even the 33 games thing in the rules relates solely to deciding positions for the split.

UEFA meeting all 55 football associations on Tuesday. They need a Europe-wide solution to this. Don’t let the Scottish football administrators anywhere near it.

Nope, cancelled today, we were going to stay with wife's parents who are in the 70's and hit or miss health wise. Our worry was picking up something whilst travelling. Only out our flight costs but we've told the airlines we're happy to put them on hold for use another time, they're all over the place just now and dont know what to do so we'll wait and see how things pan out with them. They must be getting cancellations all over just now and they're not too keen on refunds. Next plan is to drive over for the Summer for a couple months so hopefully that will still come off. Cheers.

Nope, cancelled today, we were going to stay with wife's parents who are in the 70's and hit or miss health wise. Our worry was picking up something whilst travelling. Only out our flight costs but we've told the airlines we're happy to put them on hold for use another time, they're all over the place just now and dont know what to do so we'll wait and see how things pan out with them. They must be getting cancellations all over just now and they're not too keen on refunds. Next plan is to drive over for the Summer for a couple months so hopefully that will still come off. Cheers.

Sensible decision, though a tough one I’m sure.:(

Where does this 75% come from ? Plucked out of the sky....a convenient 'roundish' number below Mhank's 79% (30 games) and our 76% (29 games) of the 38 game total ? We might just as easily make it 80% !

The fact of the matter is the rules will be made to suit one club!! And we should fight it All the way. The victim cards are already being played today. Its pathetic.

So if this is the case why is all and sundry wondering wtf happens next .

Nobody knows what is going to happen mate. Theres nothing in the rules that have prepared for such an event. I am just pointing out this could be an angle they use to pursue a title.

I don't think its right or fair but I am just pointing out some wordings in the rules.

This could be a problem as SPFL/SFA could use this as solution to give them league but allow Hearts to stay up.
If so there surely be a huge response by Rangers!!
If not I along with many others will be OUT!
Fed up with pussy responses from our team!

Our club (and every other club) should be fighting it all the way. I just fear in a league where the tims often get their way and nobody else has a look in for a title, we're the only ones that will have a bone to pick. And do our board have the mettle for it.

Can UEFA not intervene and make every league in Europe null and void?
Well UEFA are going to make their 2 Euro competitions null and void. Therefore, I see every league will follow suit.
Perhaps not the Glesga Japanese league?

I can see the season being null and voided and the mentally challengeds starting next season with 13 points.

Breaking : Poland has banned foreigners from entering the country and suspended all international air and rail connections due to #coronavirus. Poles returning from abroad will have to enter 14 days of quarantine, while all restaurants, pubs and clubs will close

At least I should get some of my flights refunded now ;)

Breaking : Poland has banned foreigners from entering the country and suspended all international air and rail connections due to #coronavirus. Poles returning from abroad will have to enter 14 days of quarantine, while all restaurants, pubs and clubs will close

At least I should get some of my flights refunded now ;)

Every cloud and all that.:confused:

What rule or law states this?

Tims getting a story out there they want everyone to believe, I think, but no basis in fact or reality that I know of.

Wind it back to the winter break which is a logical point

Celtic two points ahead yet we had a game on hand and identical goal difference.

Not as clear cut as the beggars think

poets will say anything to grab the title.

They are full of shit, lets just keep it factual & simple for these clowns & repeat it as much as we need to for the simpletons ...

TBO i expected such pathetic corrupt thinking from Lennon & Corrupt FC, Facts are If we beat them Sunday = 10 points, Then win our Game in hand = 7 points, Then beat them at Parkhead = 4 points, so would it have been 'impossible' for them to drop those 4 points ???

It Really is Simples !!

It's all to play for, nothing was decided yet. We need to make the noise now before it's too late. Hearts too.

You bet a dug its 6 length clear going round last bend the hare stops what happens best void should be the same the contest didnt finish

We cannot wait on the inevitable happening before any steps are taken. It's too late then - protesting after the decision is made by the club is a waste of energy. It will get nowhere.

We need to act now and retain the neutral narrative not the biased one.

Here's what to do: Devide all the prize money between all the club's in each division after declaring the season null and void. That would mean substantially more cash to each smaller club in our corrupt league than miniscule remainder of season ticket losses. Surely that would result in a 11 to 1 vote count.

Back