If youve played over 75% of fixtures the title can be awarded?

If a title is mathematically decided, likewise relegation then ok there’s a case for it but in the true fairness of “sporting integrity” Celtic could be caught and Rangers could win the league. If the spfl try to award to Celtic they then also have to relegate Hearts I am fairly sure the ensuing court cases for these and many other issues would ruin the organisation.

the only legitimate and correct way is suspend the season and to make it void.
100%.

And then you have the Arabs complaining. Then Aberdeen believing they can beat Motherwell to third place.

Fucking lunacy to even suggest it.

No argument from me. I cant reconcile the thoughts myself. I dont have any allegiance towards Liverpool, it's purely on a "it's only fair" type feeling. It's a cluster %^*& and as you say it will need an organisation wide approach, or CAS will be busy for years.

Sponsorships, prize money, bets, promotion, relegation, transfers (loan players etc), tv deals... going to be interesting few months.

Oh, its going to be a clusterf*ck to beat them all. The talk of leagues resuming is a nonsense. Its done. 'Peak' for many countries in Europe is going to be late May. Europa League QR1 is the last week in June. Folk across Europe are still going to be getting hit with this virus throughout the Summer - though the media frenzy will have abated somewhat as they get back to what colour dress Meghan is wearing or similar. Klopp's statement about saving just 1 life being much more important than football is bang on the money.

If it was mathematically impossible for us to catch, then fine, give them the asterix title. As it stands, we could still win it so season should be null and void if it comes to it

If it was mathematically impossible for us to catch, then fine, give them the asterix title. As it stands, we could still win it so season should be null and void if it comes to it
Arguing with someone on Twitter just now. His suggestion is that it's not about just giving the title - it's about adjusting the points threshold so that Celtic have technically and mathematically won the title. Trying to explain to him that that's just giving them the title still isn't sinking in.

They're sick, perverted people.

The world is gripped by a pandemic, the gravity of which is still yet to be fully determined....and their sole agitation is to get the league title over the line. It's nauseating but not surprising. We knew this would be how it would play out.

Arguing with someone on Twitter just now. His suggestion is that it's not about just giving the title - it's about adjusting the points threshold so that Celtic have technically and mathematically won the title. Trying to explain to him that that's just giving them the title still isn't sinking in.

Ha ha, Lemon was blathering on about taking the average points won per match and applying it to the remaining fixtures. Basically the same as declaring all remaining matches draws or freezing the league as it is. He probably thought folk would fall for it as some novel 'fair' way to come to a decision.

If they fight the 'end of the season' line technically.

But theres nothing in the rules that really covers for this situation so hence the need for court, which undoubtedly will see a rewrite of the rules for the future.

We should not take this lying down if this is the road they do go.
The Filth will already be on this ' technicality ' as we type. I have my doubts though whether our club would be man enough to challenge them being awarded another tainted title.

There’s a game in hand and 6 old firm points to play for ffs. That could see the gap cut to 4 points.

They’ve pissed away 5 point leads with a couple of games left before.

There is not a chance they are getting awarded this title with current standings. It’s not even up for debate.

Can UEFA not intervene and make every league in Europe null and void?

This will be what happens

Laughing at the mentally challengeds aside, it is literally easier for all involved to just reset to last season as it causes nowhere near as much issues with promotions, relegations, play offs and left over games deciding who wins Leagues all over Europe. If every League takes a different approach it’ll be an absolute fucking minefield.

I’m also of the view if the CL and EL is scrapped the remaining TV cash should be put aside to help struggling clubs in the coming weeks/months but that’s what a sensible governing body would do.

Ha ha, Lemon was blathering on about taking the average points won per match and applying it to the remaining fixtures. Basically the same as declaring all remaining matches draws or freezing the league as it is. He probably thought folk would fall for it as some novel 'fair' way to come to a decision.
I think it's fair to say they've gone full blow retard over this. However, they'll accept anything for a tainted title - it's their favourite to collect.

Not an ounce of sense out of one of them so far.

Let’s be clear this is made up Bollocks. Let’s deal in facts.

From the SPFLs Rules & Regulations:

“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season”

“The Clubs for the time being entitled in terms of these Rules to participate in the Premiership shall, disregarding any abandoned or postponed matches, play in 38 League Matches in any one Season.”

There is nothing else that covers anything for Force Majeure.

So basically if each club doesn’t play 38 games each, the Season is not finished.
The 70% rule is bollox and just made up desperate stuff from them.

I've had a quick look through the SFA Handbook and a slower look through the SPFL Rules and Regulations and can't find, admittedly on a speed read, any reference to that.

What - precisely - are they quoting? If they think they have 'something' then lets hear what it is.

There is absolutely nothing in the rules about the awarding of a title where matches remain outstanding. Perhaps an oversight but nothing in writing that allows Scum to be awarded title until all 38 games are played, so even if they cannot be caught arithmetically the title could still not be awarded until the league campaign is played out in full.

PS our players need to take a corona hit for the club and fans,up till mid June should see the league null and void.

And what about those players out of contract /loan deals after the end of the season that are no longer available to their present clubs.
Yes but I was just quoting what we were quoted on a daily basis in 08, they played the feel sorry for them all, you’re point is on the ball and would be a legitimate reason why it can’t happen, you know they will just play until we get to 30 games BCDto kick in the rule they have made up and then scrap award it either way they will be awarded it

I only hope that if the season is abandoned UEFA still count our run in the Europa league towards the coefficient...

Unless I'm missing it i cannot see anything in the rules to determine the outcome of the league in these events, only thing remotely similar to what the tims are shouting about is Rule C35 & 36 to do with being on same points after 33 games it is at this point the final 5 games (post-split) must be played to determine a clear winner, and after this if it is still the same case it is then called a draw. whereupon a deciding league match will played to determine an out and out winner.

Rule C37 also states if league position between two or more cannot be determined by application of C35 (result after 33 matches, my take is the mathematical possibility at this point, but we're on 29) then a play-off decider will not be played and it will be deemed to have finished in equal position for all purposes i.e. euro qualification
Playoff at Hampden would be class...sometime in May....

Set a precedent with the Sporting Integrity line - league must be declared null and void ( not that that will stop them!)

They will try something like playoffs before the end of the regular season if they can get away with it.
There would be playoffs for the teams facing relegation anyway so I have no doubt they will try to add in a title play-off. That could be tempting to Rangers....

There is no rule in the SPFL competition rules so as it is unprecedented it will be a new rule. It should either be played to a finish (lots of reasons why that won't work) or declared null and void and start a fresh with a new season.

They wont be awarded it. Not a chance.
But say for talking sake they did, what another absolute shite tainted title they will have to ‘celebrate’.
Get it up them

The thing is all the player's heads will be knackered with what the virus can mean to family and loved ones, no one should see this as a time to put their own churlish priorities first like the scum are doing.

Can UEFA not intervene and make every league in Europe null and void?

IMO this is what needs to happen. Take aside Scotland, imagine if the FA declared Liverpool champions but the French or German FA declare their leagues null and void. Could open up all sorts of challenges and legal complications.

Our club under no circumstances whatsoever should agree to any extension to the season as our players and staff each have their own commitments which they are free to pursue from the date of the final league game as set out at the start of every season and of course a vigorous response given to any notion of handing out any more more tainted medals to the disease across the city. Sporting Integrity has to be preserved and Public Health must take precedence now and for the foreseeable future in order to get this thing under control and halted.

Back