Pep asks for more fans to attend City's next match.

You could see on the TV last night when they scored,the crowd just stood there,a few phones out,no passion.
In 2014 we went to the CL game v CSKA Moscow (they were doing 2 for 1 on match tickets).English wasn’t the first language on the concourse at halftime,all tourists.

Is it not because they have out priced the usuals out of season tickets?
I thought they were supposed to have some of the cheaper season tickets about?

Even if not, surely they would then be able to buy one off tickets for games like last night if there were fewer season tickets sold?

What was the capacity of Maine Road? Sure it was a big ground before all seating.
Don't know about before all-seating but 35,000. Average attendance in the 2nd division was around the 30k mark so even then still not "full" even though it's a big crowd for that level.

Even as a complete random who only has interest in looking to attend a one off game of theirs, I will be pissed if this actually happens - 100% going to try and get tickets to their game against PSG

half and half scarf loyal.

**%^*& them, going to a gig instead.

Last edited:
You could see on the TV last night when they scored,the crowd just stood there,a few phones out,no passion.
In 2014 we went to the CL game v CSKA Moscow (they were doing 2 for 1 on match tickets).English wasn’t the first language on the concourse at halftime,all tourists.

I was there. Great game 5-2 if I remember correctly.

City support , and most BIG club supports, are always down during the group stages

We should be concentrating more on selling out our own stadium rather than worrying about City

A couple of years ago they had a job advert online for “influencers” to make posts online in Man City gear to try and make the club more appealing to people.

How badly wrong does it have to go when your manager has to beg fans to show up, and you need to pay Instagram idiots to pretend to be Man City fans in the hope the kids will find it appealing?!

City support , and most BIG club supports, are always down during the group stages

We should be concentrating more on selling out our own stadium rather than worrying about City
It was 2-1 to CSKA.
The thread is about Man City.
BIG club fans should go along and back their team in the Champions League.
Ibrox attendances are superb ;)

Are Man City a bigger club than Liverpool, and if so, using what metric? Anfield sounded great last night.

When was the last time our stadium has been as empty as the Etihad was last night?

Of all the issues there are in football, getting a decent attendance is one of the very least concerns we have as a club.

What was the capacity of Maine Road? Sure it was a big ground before all seating.

Was over 50,000 in the 70's, they were my English team then. My Uncle lived in Manchester and was a big fan and my favourite English team until they moved and lost their identity.
New stadium, badge, colours.
Soulless.

Watched their highlights from last night and granted I'm only seeing small parts of the game but I've heard better atmospheres at Ibrox when we've been 3-0 down.

What an absolute riddy. Especially considering how good they are, you would think the place would be packed out every week with an enormous waiting list
When City were a "normal" club they had an incredibly loyal core support. The transformation from normal to super club leaves some of this core support feeling uneasy. They have a bit of the Celtic Syndrome whereby they are in fact happiest when they're not top dogs.

The Johnny Come Lately glory hunters simply do not have that in-built loyalty to the club.

What happened to their core fans fom filling out Maine Road in the third tier to this?
Expect a few have passed away now. Met a few in their 50s at a Hyde match few seasons back, said they just can’t be arsed now with all the moving of fixtures, cost, ale free trains etc. Plenty of lads in the north like that at many Clubs, harsh to say it’s only City like that.

I suppose when it really comes down to it it’s what is happening on the pitch that counts but that is an absolute embarrassment having your manager asking more fans to turn up to games

It's a generational thing. Give It ten years and they will be rammed. Everyone that grew up around Manchester supporting United in the 90s is now 30s/40s and going. City are as popular now among kids around the area so they will be going soon enough.

I was going to get a ticket for a random Champions League game as they are £18. I end up not bothering usually as it's soulless and there is not much near the stadium which is a good walk from the train.

Are Man City a bigger club than Liverpool, and if so, using what metric? Anfield sounded great last night.

When was the last time our stadium has been as empty as the Etihad was last night?

Of all the issues there are in football, getting a decent attendance is one of the very least concerns we have as a club.

I never mentioned Liverpool.

There was 40,000 at the Etihad last night. Use google to find the last time Rangers crowd was that level

Selling out our stadium for our games is important to the club. We need that money!

It's a generational thing. Give It ten years and they will be rammed. Everyone that grew up around Manchester supporting United in the 90s is now 30s/40s and going. City are as popular now among kids around the area so they will be going soon enough.

I was going to get a ticket for a random Champions League game as they are £18. I end up not bothering usually as it's soulless and there is not much near the stadium which is a good walk from the train.
See I keep hearing how good it is there, which I find odd. Quite a few people on here have said and a few mates who have taken their kids have also said of it. By that I think they must mean the zone outside and inside I think they mean in terms of buying food and drink. Get the impression it’s good for families. I always have the impression it’s a pretty quiet tame and quiet atmosphere (everything a trip to Maine Road wasn’t, inside and out), tempted to go to find out for myself.

There was 40,000 at the Etihad last night. Use google to find the last time Rangers crowd was that level

Selling out our stadium for our games is important to the club. We need that money!
Find the last time Ibrox had 40,000 fans in? Wouldn’t be hard

I was there not long before lockdown last year for a game v Crystal Palace (as a wee aside I had 2-2 on as my bet for interest, Palace were 0-1 up at half time, City scored in 82 and 87 and you think that's it then Palace scored again deep in injury time for a nice wee win)

Went on a bus full with son's boys club. There were various other groups of kids in boys clubs kits or obvious some kind of club milling around as well as tourists absolutely everywhere. Given that the attendance was still a joke especially for 3pm Saturday at a guess there were minimum 15k seats sitting empty.

They may have loads of money but can't help thinking it's a shame what they've become.

There’s not much near the stadium???? You’ve never been

You’ve got one of the best Fan Zones in UK football.

‘A good walk from the train’… The Etihad Campus is literally a major Tram stop

There is usually a free bus service with a fleet of buses back into the town

Of all the fake news I’ve read on here regarding City this is by a considerable distance the worst

You said BIG clubs, just wondering how you define BIG.

Tbh if you hadn’t been a member for so long I’d say you sound more like one of them talking about “We need that money!”.

Rangers haven’t struggled for attendances for a long time, much less in Europe where we consistently have amazing atmospheres.

Why would we need to panic about it now, and why does our attendances stop us from discussing how plastic Man City’s support is?

Also, there is no way it was 40k there last night!

The tram stop is literary next to the ground mate.

Back