MOTM Poll Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is exactly why mcgregor never played at the highest level. Brilliant shot stopper but his distribution is shocking and he can't command his box against crosses

It was like a car crash in slow motion we could see how it was playing out for ages. Aribo and Hagi linking up well and creating chances just before comming off, terrible substitutions, Alfredo looked like he just didnt care today.
Its all very season 19/20 our play and substitutions etc.

What you mean the manks think they can catch us, we keep playing the way we are playing and they will undoubtedly catch us.
I would like to keep optimistic and think we have far better quality than this to stay ahead of them at all stages this season. We are already ahead but we cannot afford performances and especially results like this many more times this season:

We need to be far better in second half’s than this and we NEED to take our chances or else this is what happens.

Points stolen.
Overall our team played well but can’t expect to win when scoring chance after scoring chance is wasted - c’mon Alfie we know you can put some of those away in your sleep.
It was good to see Hagi pushed up in attack so much and willing to take a shot when the opportunity arose.
I know Aribo was on a card but our game deteriorated when he and Hagi were substituted.

It’s the sitting back last 10 minutes of games, I think we are giving too much respect, if the tactic is at 1-0 sit back last 10 minutes I disagree with it as we invite it all on. If it is the tactic though, get better at it fast!

All round had the chances been taken i wouldnt have much complaints about today.

Just left a bit flat feeling due to that. Its a sucker punch for being wasteful.

A much better performance today but the same old issue..... We just cant take our chances. Yes Morelos today but every game its someone else.

You knew it was going to end 1-1 at 80mins.

Amatuer, naive substitutions in my opinion.

It's not just missed chances by morelos the amount of times he losses the ball was equally as bad, but this is down to SG fcking amature stuff

Substitutions cost us,don't know why they happened,Morelos off maybe,but Aribo and Hagi where doing alright,the whole mindset off the team changed and went defensive letting Hearts into the game.

We know McGregor was always bad at crosses. But gezo. That was shocking.
Alfie should have been off for Roofe. And Aribo was playing well and didn’t deserve to be subbed.
Yet again our subs cost us, and our game management.
Not charging up in the last minute this time, but shutting up shop with 20mins to go. Terrible tactics.

Morelos was poor but the bulletproof captain needs a word in his ear. Offering absolutely hee haw. Patterson should be booting Gerrard’s door down asking for a game.
I agree Tav offers us nothing now going forward I can't gett the big shout for him on here because he is basically average at best.

I felt that goal was coming for them when we started conceding corners and free kicks near the box. For all our domination, I never felt we were secure and the game turned on Alfie's missed sitter although McGregor obviously made a mess of it for their equaliser. Missed chances aside, the frustration is that we played as well as we have all season but, again, we were punished for poor finishing. It will be good to get the two Ryans back.

We coasted against them for a half and went off the boil. They must be getting told to take the foot off the pedal at half time! Remember the scum got beat off them.

McGregor does his job we win the game.
Correct, but he made some good saves before, more than could be said of the others.

Morelos does his job and scores atleast one of the 3 absolute sitters, we win the game. if Tav doesn't constantly give the ball away or hit a Hearts man with every cross, there's a good chance we win.

If Gerrard changes things and takes off players who are blatantly playing shite, and doesn't get schooled by the Hearts Managers half time tactical change, we win.

A two yards out miss is not on the team, the team provided it on a plate, it on Morelos, he takes that easy as %^*& chance and we cruise to victory.
With that logic the Goalies bread and butter cost us just as much.... The team spend so long f**nying about with the ball. So many blocked shots every game.

Going into game management mode with 20 mins to go cost us , no doubt about it.

We let them right back into it.
You are absolutely right there.
When Scott Wright came off we were lacking pace to close them down and the full backs started coming forward safe and the knowledge that Bacuna was not going to catch them.

Yes
We know McGregor was always bad at crosses. But gezo. That was shocking.
Alfie should have been off for Roofe. And Aribo was playing well and didn’t deserve to be subbed.
Yet again our subs cost us, and our game management.
Not charging up in the last minute this time, but shutting up shop with 20mins to go. Terrible tactics.
Managers bad calls no doubt about it.

The managers subs were a bit odd. From the moment he made them, Hearts were in. That said the chances Alfie missed would make any manager tear their hair out.

Correct, but he made some good saves before, more than could be said of the others.

Morelos does his job and scores atleast one of the 3 absolute sitters, we win the game. if Tav doesn't constantly give the ball away or hit a Hearts man with every cross, there's a good chance we win.

If Gerrard changes things and takes off players who are blatantly playing shite, and doesn't get schooled by the Hearts Managers half time tactical change, we win.

Except when it mattered at the end!

Back