Archive 2021/22 Official Bundesliga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were discussing it in the Bundesliga thread, BT deal has ended and it seems a new contract his been signed (see below) - but I’m not sure if that covers the UK or is even accurate.

It’s rumoured Sky are picking up the Bundesliga coverage, but again, does that cover B2 or is it even accurate?.

A bit late in the day for this to be honest.
Tbh I would love sky to get bundesliga

The best option would be for the Bundesliga to offer a subscription service online only. They'll maximise income and fans can either watch live or on demand. The NFL app/streaming service is probably the best on offer from any sport. It's fantastic. Should be the basis of all sports media streaming in the future.

In the UK?

I just don’t see it working. Many people happily watch the likes of the Bundesliga when it’s on an existing channel, but how many would be willing to pay even £5 a month for a completely new venture, especially one in a league that usually clashes with British football

In the UK?

I just don’t see it working. Many people happily watch the likes of the Bundesliga when it’s on an existing channel, but how many would be willing to pay even £5 a month for a completely new venture, especially one in a league that usually clashes with British football

Worldwide.

If a UK broadcaster picks it up then it'll be 1 game a week on a Saturday evening that fits in with English football coverage. It won't get anything like the exposure that BT gave the league and it won't bring in much money. Bundesliga would be better selling directly to fans. Offer the service worldwide and they'd pick up subscribers, some of whom would be in the UK.

Magenta Sport that provides 3.Liga is incredible value. 10 euros a month and every match is live on it, it has a Konferenz and pre and post match for each game as well.

Has your Ice Hockey on as well I think, PENNY DEL?

I hate Magenta Sports. They refuse to take my money.

Won't set up an account without a German billing address or a German payment option.

I hate Magenta Sports. They refuse to take my money.

Won't set up an account without a German billing address or a German payment option.
I have a subscription till Feb 22, German mate set it up - costs us 10 euros a month. So when the DEL starts again give us a shout and you can use it if you want.

I have a subscription till Feb 22, German mate set it up - costs us 10 euros a month. So when the DEL starts again give us a shout and you can use it if you want.

I can get by via onhockey, but I don't like using it. I keep hoping that the DEL will sort something out - increased interest in the league since they had 2 players drafted in the first round in successive NHL drafts (both from Mannheim as it happens). Its annoying that I can PPV for any major junior game that WHL/OHL/QMJHL have a stream for but I couldn't subscribe for DEL games.

I can get by via onhockey, but I don't like using it. I keep hoping that the DEL will sort something out - increased interest in the league since they had 2 players drafted in the first round in successive NHL drafts (both from Mannheim as it happens). Its annoying that I can PPV for any major junior game that WHL/OHL/QMJHL have a stream for but I couldn't subscribe for DEL games.
There if you want it anyway pal. Might be some use to you once my subscription ends as well if you wanted to carry it on. Think it's really good myself, just not much use to me now Hansa are in Bundesliga 2, probably need it again come August 22 mind!

The game tonight is on a free tv station in Germany Sat.1

If you register with Sat.1 online you can watch the game. You´ll probably need a vpn showing your in Germany but that shouldn´t be difficult to set up..

Brilliant, many thanks. Might have to pop over to my weekend retreat in the Harz Mountains tonight.

The best option would be for the Bundesliga to offer a subscription service online only. They'll maximise income and fans can either watch live or on demand. The NFL app/streaming service is probably the best on offer from any sport. It's fantastic. Should be the basis of all sports media streaming in the future.
This.

Or if not, allow the clubs to sell their own games internationally - but that's quite an 'unGerman' thing to do. Collectivity - alles in ordnung, etc.

Gutted if Serie A doesn't come back :( hopefully Jose to Roma piques some interest in the UK broadcasting world

Premier sports did a decent job... No thrills but at least 4 games a weekend.

Have to hope someone like Premier picks up the waifs and strays and puts them on one channel...it might work if subscribers could get 4/5 leagues for their cash rather than one.

Have to hope someone like Premier picks up the waifs and strays and puts them on one channel...it might work if subscribers could get 4/5 leagues for their cash rather than one.

Be good if Sky got the UEFA competitions back too and BT sport disappeared.

Ive always thought asking punters to pay for 3 different subscriptions to get the top European leagues was pushing it…and now we have people suggesting this DAZN ought to enter the fray aswell

Be good if Sky got the UEFA competitions back too and BT sport disappeared.

Ive always thought asking punters to pay for 3 different subscriptions to get the top European leagues was pushing it…and now we have people suggesting this DAZN ought to enter the fray aswell
Different nation here to say Germany. When I was there they had zero interest really in other leagues apart from the Premier League. It was reflected by how little you saw of other leagues on tv. Not up to speed on it but don’t think there were many other providers of ppv sport than Sky and Eurosport until DAZN joined the fold. Different ball game to here.

Currently watching the pre match stuff on SAT1 channel. Stadium appears to be packed which is great to see. Appears to only be Schalke supporters though, as I haven't seen any evidence of HSV fans.

Currently watching the pre match stuff on SAT1 channel. Stadium appears to be packed which is great to see. Appears to only be Schalke supporters though, as I haven't seen any evidence of HSV fans.
I wouldn’t imagine they have been given an allocation. Good to see a crowd all the same

No away fans by league rules till weekend of August 13th, that is when St Pauli host HSV. Clubs can allow them if they want though, Hansa Rostock have given Karlsruhe 1000 for tomorrow.

Its 5% away fans after Aug 13th in Bundesliga 2 while restrictions remain, will go back to 10% once they are dropped.

With Premier League and Bundesliga starting on August 13th I doubt that Hamburg Derby will be live myself. Can’t see Bundesliga 2 being worth much to anyone now aside from in Germany, especially that the Monday night matches have gone, wouldn’t be surprised if nobody picked it up. End of day they are easy enough to watch on betting sites for those of us really interested in it. Bundesliga itself must be worth less with no Monday night matches as well.

Last edited:
Was that just the fan power that stopped the Monday Night matches? I remember there being a bit of a backlash, tennis balls and boycotts?

Was that just the fan power that stopped the Monday Night matches? I remember there being a bit of a backlash, tennis balls and boycotts?
Yeah, did very well - just shows what sticking together can do. 3 Liga still has Monday night matches this season though.

North East Regionaliga (4th tier) is having a bit of a fan backlash due to a lot of midweek matches this season. There are no midweek matches in Bundesliga 2 as well this season and I think there is only one midweek one in Bundesliga.

Yeah, did very well - just shows what sticking together can do. 3 Liga still has Monday night matches this season though.

North East Regionaliga (4th tier) is having a bit of a fan backlash due to a lot of midweek matches this season. There are no midweek matches in Bundesliga 2 as well this season and I think there is only one midweek one in Bundesliga.
I thought they quite like Englische Woche? I certainly did when I had my season ticket. More weekend matches just means I’ll see less than I do, rubbish.

I thought they quite like Englische Woche? I certainly did when I had my season ticket. More weekend matches just means I’ll see less than I do, rubbish.
Think it’s more the Ultras overall than most, I think the tv lot big it up quite a bit but fans would always rather have a weekend away match than a midweek one I would say. Quite liked it myself for seeing a few different games with cheap flights. The Bundesliga one is middle of December this season - worse breaks away for a few days. Winter break is going away now mind, Bundesliga starts again the second week of January.

For those who are desperate for a wee fix, a friendly between Bayern and BMG is on Premier Sports 2 now. Bit of a reserve match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back