3 Arrests from Sundays march to Ibrox

What a thread. Would be comical seeing some in here attempting to ever defend themselves in a court room.

Judge - Mr X you have been charged with murder.

FF Poster - Aye judge, but what about that other guy who murdered someone as well. When you going to deal with him?

Judge - Good point. You are now free to go.
Oh aye, that's comparable. :(

E-SnnXgXEAQa3pq
By god we need to be all over the next time they %^*& up

all over it I mean all over it

we need organised with sympathetic journos mps and even police spokesman

That being the case we have every right to hate things about it too, dont we? Of is it just anti British sentiment that is allowed?

You can express any “anti” sentiment you like as long as it is within the law. I protested the Pope’s last visit. Was vocal about against the Catholic Church. Wasn’t lifted. Anyone saying “the famine is over, why don’t you go home?” on the way to a football match is a legitimate question or protest needs their head examined.

You can express any “anti” sentiment you like as long as it is within the law. I protested the Pope’s last visit. Was vocal about against the Catholic Church. Wasn’t lifted. Anyone saying “the famine is over, why don’t you go home?” on the way to a football match is a legitimate question or protest needs their head examined.
Not sayimg it is a legitimate question or a protest. Do you think there will be the same outcry on Saturday when Hampden belts out FoS? Just as well it wasnt the Irish we beat eh?

Not sayimg it is a legitimate question or a protest. Do you think there will be the same outcry on Saturday when Hampden belts out FoS? Just as well it wasnt the Irish we beat eh?

Scotland fans were indulging in racist anti-English chants and violently assaulting the locals in London. The SNP and the Scottish media said nothing. These nationalist vermin are just stoking sectarian tensions in Scotland.

This.
If the guys go to court, found not guilty then where do Rangers stand?
Happened numerous times before, Goes to court and found not guilty.

Lessons not being learnt by the board, they are bowing down to pressure. Club should of said we have helped the police identify XYZ and will further help them with any other inquires. Let the police do there job etc. We’ve been informed of sectarian singing against our employees and we have passed info onto police.

What a thread. Would be comical seeing some in here attempting to ever defend themselves in a court room.

Judge - Mr X you have been charged with murder.

FF Poster - Aye judge, but what about that other guy who murdered someone as well. When you going to deal with him?

Judge - Good point. You are now free to go.
Its not even close to the point. Its a delibrate attempt to smear the club's name and supporters every chance they get while turning a blind eye to their pals actions because its easy in Scotland to go after the crowd with the Union Jack.

Rangers banning the guys is shocking. Rangers should be standing up against this sustained attack on the club, not going along with it.

Are the GB getting arrested? No.

When they got kettled we had politicians all over it (no doubt influenced by Lawell and co) demanding answers from the police. That soon put a stop to it.

Stewart Robertson will be busy preparing lists for lifetime bans.

Lets face it. They've won.

I don't dispute anything you've said - and not trying to provoke an argument either.
The difference between the GB and the UB is the former don't need their club to speak up for them, plenty within the political landscape do so, and the media is full of their apologists too. Even Frank Mulholland, the Lord Advocate at the time of the kettling incident, went on record to express his admiration for them.
We lost the propaganda battle decades ago, long before the SNP's rise to power, though they are now quite happily weighing in.
If fans are going to make obvious targets of themselves then I, as a lifelong fan don't expect or want, the club to wade in arms swinging. That would be a disaster.

By all means get organised but it needs strategy and forethought. It needs some good contacts in the legal world. It needs organised campaigning and defence, and probably crowfunding as well. If you want to take them on you will need to be clever about it. The UB is teeming with young guys and young guys are savvy with IT, get some of them on the case, harass and tormemt the enemy on social media at every turn, preferably mob-handed.

Have the Police unilaterally decided a crime has been committed and these lads are guilty?
I thought it was for the Procurator to put forward evidence that crime had been committed and a court to decide whether or not the Crown had proved that the persons they accuse of that supposed crime had committed it.
Police Scotland - Judge, Jury and Executioner by the looks of things. Ridiculous statement considering being Irish isn't a "race".

Rangers banning the guys is shocking. Rangers should be standing up against this sustained attack on the club, not going along with it.

Seriously how do they defend a group of supporters singing a song that's been deemed racist by the courts? And a week after some other clown was banned for doing similar. I agree in that I dont think they shouldn't be permanently banned prior to the court case, only suspended pending the outcome of the investigation but going by the T&Cs someone posted it looks like they had little option.

See Michael Stewart has abandoned his pleas for "due process" he was so keen on when Kudela disgraced himself

Three men charged following racially aggravated offences in Glasgow Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland, Divisional Commander for Greater Glasgow Police Division, said: “We have made the first of what I expect to be numerous arrests following the disgraceful racial conduct shown by a minority of Rangers supporters who were making their way to Ibrox stadium on Sunday, 29 August. "Three men, aged 24, 21 and 19 years old, were arrested and charged last night, Wednesday, 1 September, in connection with racially aggravated offences towards a member of the public and for the singing of racist material. “This racist conduct will not be tolerated and our investigations are continuing. We will continue to work with Rangers FC to identify and take appropriate action against those responsible.”
Anyone arrested should plead not guilty.
They have to prove without doubt that they were singing racist words.
Those across the city that get done for singing, usually plead not guilty and get off scot free.
Don't let them bully offenders into pleading guilty for anything.

These folks have lost the plot. This "racist" nonsense is getting out of control. As others have explained, certain words and comments can annoy folks with songs being sung. Search the internet for news headlines about football and famines, you will come up with loads! Any team or player who never scores for ages for example, then gets a barrowload, spawns the back page headline "Famine over.... 6 goals scored tonight" Any decent lawyer should be able to defend that these words could mean absolutely a million things related to football more than anything about race. Over it!!!

By god we need to be all over the next time they %^*& up

all over it I mean all over it

we need organised with sympathetic journos mps and even police spokesman

OR just st highlight the shíte they’ve got away with of late, stuff that falls foul of the law of the land..

And obviously stuff that The PF “loses”.

Those across the city that get done for singing, usually plead not guilty and get off scot free.
Given the prejudicial by PS today and the comments of a top cop I think a good lawyer should be able to get it thrown out

Seriously how do they defend a group of supporters singing a song that's been deemed racist by the courts? And a week after some other clown was banned for doing similar. I agree in that I dont think they shouldn't be permanently banned prior to the court case, only suspended pending the outcome of the investigation but going by the T&Cs someone posted it looks like they had little option.

Police Scotland's ludicrous statement presuming guilt, just like they did with the Rangers team Sweet Caroline video, is scandalous.

Exactly. Anyone arrested has to claim they were singing something else and put the onus on the PF to prove otherwise. Admit to nothing.

And in future, don't make yourself such an obvious fucking target.

These folks have lost the plot. This "racist" nonsense is getting out of control. As others have explained, certain words and comments can annoy folks with songs being sung. Search the internet for news headlines about football and famines, you will come up with loads! Any team or player who never scores for ages for example, then gets a barrowload, spawns the back page headline "Famine over.... 6 goals scored tonight" Any decent lawyer should be able to defend that these words could mean absolutely a million things related to football more than anything about race. Over it!!!

The mental gymnastics of some people trying to justify this or mitigate it is verging on hilarious. Away and stop talking pish.

Police Scotland's ludicrous statement presuming guilt, just like they did with the Rangers team Sweet Caroline video, is scandalous.
Such is their rush to please their twisted masters they forget some of the basic tenets of the law.
Utter morons..

This all day long when interviewed by the police it’s your right to stay silent and say no comment.

Because this is their home. They have every right to be here and every right to hate things about it.

I think it’s you that’s being naive. You don’t need to support the Queen or anything else you mention to live here. It’s not the definition of our country regardless how distasteful you find it.
So you think they have every right to hate things about our Country...they don't have the right to offend people who happen to like the things they hate . The whole point of the thread is , if they hate it that much then why stay which is referred to in the song , not to discuss the legalities of them being here.
Where's our rights , when we can't even ask the questions without ending up in the jail , and yet they don't even get a second look , because people like you jump to their defence . You're damn right I find it distasteful ., just think about what's going on round about you and tell us what you think is fair about it.?

So because we don't agree with every policy the club have we shouldn't buy a ticket? Did you agree with them letting Humza in? Do you agree with every ticketing process and pricing?

Yes, I do actually. I might not like it but they are a business and they aren't going to go to war with the government to satisfy a portion of the support. Some people on here seem to forget that many dont care about religion at a football game, for some their wives and kids are catholic, they manage to support the team without singing racist songs like that clown last week and some even support the SNP.

Am assuming the polis must have proper evidence other than the fake videos that have been posted on twitter that humza dornan and stewart have been pishing their frillies about

Yes, I do actually. I might not like it but they are a business and they aren't going to go to war with the government to satisfy a portion of the support. Some people on here seem to forget that many dont care about religion at a football game, for some their wives and kids are catholic, they manage to support the team without singing racist songs like that clown last week and some even support the SNP.
You ignored the second part of my point.

Do you agree with absolutely everything the club do? Such as ticketing, prices, merchandise, contracts.

Back