3 Arrests from Sundays march to Ibrox

Rangers fans shout WATP from the football stands. Celtic fans whisper it to each other in the Scottish Parliament
You do know that WATP is also deemed as offensive to some of these people.

This is not the end of it, not by a long way. They have their boot on our throats and they're not for moving them any time soon.

We need to become more radical. For a start, not really talking about the ordinary copper here, but ps in my eyes have now became the enemy.

You do know that WATP is also deemed as offensive to some of these people.

This is not the end of it, not by a long way. They have their boot on our throats and they're not for moving them any time soon.

We need to become more radical. For a start, not really talking about the ordinary copper here, but ps in my eyes have now became the enemy.
years ago we beat Motherwell in the cup, text a family member WATP. He never spoke to me again , lol.

If the UB DECIDE to stop singing at Ibrox like they have done on numerous occasions, you will see those moaning about them on here, moan that Ibrox was like a morgue.. like or not these lads start the singing at Ibrox.the ones that are moaning on here about them have more attendance at the game day post that they do at Ibrox. ..

Not picking sides here, but do people genuinely believe it sounds like they're singing "the party's over"?

Ffs no it doesn't. Why would anyone be singing "the party's over why don't you go home"? It doesn't even make sense.
As I posted earlier, without any prejudice or prompting, I played the clip on my phone, turned up the volume and asked the missus what she heard being sung.

We are overseas and she has not seen any footage, news or comments about this at all.

She heard ‘the PARTY is over, why don’t you go home’

And it does make sense. The tims have had one big party over the past 9 years or so. This is the first time we have had to rub it right into them since we won the league. The party IS over.

This is the thing people are missing. The alleged crime was committed in the City Centre of Glasgow, miles away from the grounds of the stadium. The club really shouldn't be getting involved, it's none of the club' business. If the songs were being sung on the grounds of Ibrox Stadium, fair enough.

And even if the lads are found to be guilty in court, are the club now saying they will never allow them back into the stadium again? What happened to rehabilitating and educating criminals?

There could be convicted paedos and rapists who sit at Ibrox every week after doing their time, but a few guys singing a daft song miles from the stadium are banned indefinitely?

After banning the guys for the Furuhashi incident on the bus the precedent was set and for that incident the majority agreed the club had no choice, if Rangers then, less than a week later, don't go in as hard on this they face yet another onslaught claiming they don't take 'anti Irish racism' seriously.

Our fans really need to wise up to this stuff.

Yes you could , if he /she constantly refused to recognise our British values and sang defamatory songs about our Queen (Michael Fagan ) and celebrated the death of our Soldiers not only in foreign warfare, but on British soil , and sing songs about Lord Mountbattens death and various songs about the deaths of passed players And in general show their hatred to our Country .Why you think the question is illegitimate and why you think a person's colour would make a difference is beyond me.and just makes you look a wee bit naive.

Because this is their home. They have every right to be here and every right to hate things about it.

I think it’s you that’s being naive. You don’t need to support the Queen or anything else you mention to live here. It’s not the definition of our country regardless how distasteful you find it.

If the UB DECIDE to stop singing at Ibrox like they have done on numerous occasions, you will see those moaning about them on here, moan that Ibrox was like a morgue.. like or not these lads start the singing at Ibrox.the ones that are moaning on here about them have more attendance at the game day post that they do at Ibrox. ..
They might well bring the atmosphere but that doesn't mean they should be exempt from criticism at the weekend for singing a song that is banned.

Maybe the high court judge has a better understanding of the law?
But does he have a grasp of English, here’s the definition

16 Apr 2020 — If race is based on a person's physical appearance, then what is ethnicity? Ethnicity, put simply, is someone's regional cultural heritage. This ...

TERMDEFINITIONEXAMPLES
RacePhysical characteristics that define a person as being a member of a specific groupSkin color, hair color and texture, eye color, facial features, physical build
EthnicityCultural characteristics that define a person as being a member of a specific groupLanguage, accent, religion, styles of dress, hairstyles, social customs, food and dietary preferences or restrictions
NationalityThe legal sense of belonging to a specific political nation stateCitizenship (birthright or naturalized

How can he call it racism or racist?
Racism is a nasty word, bigoted just means you don’t accept another point of view or beliefs

16 Apr 2020 — If race is based on a person's physical appearance, then what is ethnicity? Ethnicity, put simply, is someone's regional cultural heritage. This ...

TERMDEFINITIONEXAMPLES
RacePhysical characteristics that define a person as being a member of a specific groupSkin color, hair color and texture, eye color, facial features, physical build
EthnicityCultural characteristics that define a person as being a member of a specific groupLanguage, accent, religion, styles of dress, hairstyles, social customs, food and dietary preferences or restrictions
NationalityThe legal sense of belonging to a specific political nation stateCitizenship (birthright or naturalized

From the dictionary https://www.thefreedictionary.com/race

race 1​

(rās)
n.
1. A group of people identified as distinct from other groups because of supposed physical or genetic traits shared by the group. Most biologists and anthropologists do not recognize race as a biologically valid classification, in part because there is more genetic variation within groups than between them.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the Celtic race.
A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.

Also the Equality Act 2010 - section 9 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/9

Race​

(1)Race includes—

(a)colour;

(b)nationality;

(c)ethnic or national origins.

These are likely the definitions a court of law would use

After banning the guys for the Furuhashi incident on the bus the precedent was set and for that incident the majority agreed the club had no choice, if Rangers then, less than a week later, don't go in as hard on this they face yet another onslaught claiming they don't take 'anti Irish racism' seriously.

Our fans really need to wise up to this stuff.
The club have opened themselves up to action from UEFA/SPFL in future for incidents also out with their control. Be interesting to see them scrambling with the “but but it wasn’t at the stadium” next time something happens at an away game and UEFA decide to hammer us for it.

The club have opened themselves up to action from UEFA/SPFL in future for incidents also out with their control. Be interesting to see them scrambling with the “but but it wasn’t at the stadium” next time something happens at an away game and UEFA decide to hammer us for it.

UEFA don't punish clubs for incidents outside the stadium 'area' though, neither do or can the SFA.

This isn't a new thing btw, Rangers have banned folk for displaying a banner with FTP on it at an airport going to a European away game.

UEFA don't punish clubs for incidents outside the stadium 'area' though, neither do or can the SFA.
They don’t now. Will they in future? Things like Strict Liability is the next step.

Hence the word future in my post mate.

If the SPFL were going to start doing stuff like that then they would have started with the pavement dancing at Tynecastle the other week no?

They don’t now. Will they in future? Things like Strict Liability is the next step.

Hence the word future in my post mate.

See my edit, people being banned for things out with the stadium isn't new.

It's not exclusive to Rangers either, clubs have been banning fans for social media posts etc.

From the dictionary https://www.thefreedictionary.com/race

Also the Equality Act 2010 - section 9 - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/9

These are likely the definitions a court of law would use
More information mate, there not just Irish. The Irish aren’t a race.

The Celts were a collection of tribes with origins in central Europe that shared a similar language, religious beliefs, traditions and culture. It’s believed that the Celtic culture started to evolve as early as 1200 B.C. The Celts spread throughout western Europe—including Britain, Ireland, France and Spain—via migration. Their legacy remains most prominent in Ireland and Great Britain, where traces of their language and culture are still prominent today.

It is possible to say yes we should box clever and stop singing this song as the debate over the rights or wrongs has been lost whilst also acknowledging that it is ridiculous nonsense to call it racist.

See my edit, people being banned for things out with the stadium isn't new.

It's not exclusive to Rangers either, clubs have been banning fans for social media posts etc.
I’m not defending the actions of idiots btw

I am questioning the way in which we go about things. Innocent until proven guilty still exists i believe, so Rangers ban these guys, they miss say 6 months and are found not guilty, so do Rangers refund them for the 6 months they lost out on a ST potentially fully paid?

We are communicating with scum like Dornan in private and he makes it public. This is a man who openly hates us and we are seemingly trying to build bridges with him. In fact, he is one of the many we apparently would be seeking legal action against after claiming falsely (still not apologised btw) that our squad and staff were sectarian or racist.

This is i think the majority’s issue with the actions

More information mate, there not just Irish. The Irish aren’t a race.

The Celts were a collection of tribes with origins in central Europe that shared a similar language, religious beliefs, traditions and culture. It’s believed that the Celtic culture started to evolve as early as 1200 B.C. The Celts spread throughout western Europe—including Britain, Ireland, France and Spain—via migration. Their legacy remains most prominent in Ireland and Great Britain, where traces of their language and culture are still prominent today.
The definition of race that I copied and pasted from the Equality Act 2010 says nationality is included in race

This is law

Defined in law

"Race includes nationality"

The Celts reference was an example in the dictionary definition

TERMDEFINITIONEXAMPLES

Racism is a nasty word, bigoted just means you don’t accept another point of view or beliefs

Seriously?

In a legal argument between three law lords and an experienced QC you’ve suddenly came up with why they are ( in the eyes of the law) wrong? The guy convicted should have had you represent him rather than Donald Findlay.

It is possible to say yes we should box clever and stop singing this song as the debate over the rights or wrongs has been lost whilst also acknowledging that it is ridiculous nonsense to call it racist.

You aren't allowed to disagree that it's racist.

E-SnnXgXEAQa3pq

The definition of race that I copied and pasted from the Equality Act 2010 says nationality is included in race

This is law

Defined in law

Fair enough, we’ll have to agree to differ

Bbbbut and posting videos of Celtic fans doesn’t help.

The UBs have sold themselves down the river here. Again. They know it was wrong, whether they were going to use ”party“ or not, it was stupid. Dornan and co were waiting and got exactly what they wanted.

Now, if the club are going to ban people for outside offences, that’s dangerous territory.

They are really ramping up the racist angle.

That's concerning.

Bbbbut and posting videos of Celtic fans doesn’t help.

The UBs have sold themselves down the river here. Again. They know it was wrong, whether they were going to use ”party“ or not, it was stupid. Dornan and co were waiting and got exactly what they wanted.

Now, if the club are going to ban people for outside offences, that’s dangerous territory.

So you don't think there is a difference in the way both clubs fans are dealt with?

Can see Ibrox being temporarily closed soon. Make no mistake about it, they want us out the game.

TERMDEFINITIONEXAMPLES

I think outwith Scotland it’s called newspeak.

So you don't think there is a difference in the way both clubs fans are dealt with?
There absolutely is a difference, undeniable. He does make a good point though imo. The SNP scum will latch on to anything they can, even edited videos. We have to stay put the light on occassions like this and not give them anything.

There's little to no reason as to why xenophobia and racism are not equally indefensible. So it's weird that people have a problem with the arrests themselves. The issue is CONSISTENCY - why equally xenophobic songs from the other lot are not taken anywhere near as seriously. I mean, Flower of Scotland is as xenophobic as %^*&, and that's the fucking national anthem.

There absolutely is a difference, undeniable. He does make a good point though imo. The SNP scum will latch on to anything they can, even edited videos. We have to stay put the light on occassions like this and not give them anything.

Oh I know there is. But his comment "Bbbbut and posting videos of Celtic fans doesn’t help." suggests we should just shut up and not highlight it.

There is an element of the support who simply will not take a telling in terms of their choice of songs or their behaviour. They continually give the likes of Dornan and Yousaf open goals that they take with utter glee.

At some point we are going to pay one hell of a punishment on the back of this if we don't wise up. As said above, if this sort of shit doesn't get nipped in the bud now we could be looking at potential stadium closures in the long run.

13 years on and folk are still singing the Famine Song knowing full well the reaction it's going to get. It's indefensible.
Stadium closures? Utter nonsense.

Because this is their home. They have every right to be here and every right to hate things about it.

I think it’s you that’s being naive. You don’t need to support the Queen or anything else you mention to live here. It’s not the definition of our country regardless how distasteful you find it.
That being the case we have every right to hate things about it too, dont we? Of is it just anti British sentiment that is allowed?

What a thread. Would be comical seeing some in here attempting to ever defend themselves in a court room.

Judge - Mr X you have been charged with murder.

FF Poster - Aye judge, but what about that other guy who murdered someone as well. When you going to deal with him?

Judge - Good point. You are now free to go.

I do. But defiance is not the way. Have you stopped trying to get people at the club punished yet?

The people at the top of the club are happy enough to punish the those that helped install them as owners.

They can't turn a blind eye to one piece of sectarianism and not another.

This is law

Defined in law

Does your passport define nationality/

What a thread. Would be comical seeing some in here attempting to ever defend themselves in a court room.

Judge - Mr X you have been charged with murder.

FF Poster - Aye judge, but what about that other guy who murdered someone as well. When you going to deal with him?

Judge - Good point. You are now free to go.

At least in a court of law you are innocent until proven guilty. Not the case at Rangers.

We really should be using their tactics against them or this will get ugly.
Wont matter. Guarantee if scum fans were filmed singing anti-Protestant and anti-British songs at their next game not one politician woukd condemn it. Police would pay lip service to investigating it. No fans would be banned by celtic and the mere mention of it from anyone on a phone in would only cause 'whataboutery' to be used.

Back