Official 3rd Qualifying Round - Rangers v Servette

gm3.png

I think we'll destroy Servette quite easily then face Marseille, who are getting pumped at home to Leverkusen currently. Might be getting ahead of myself but we're qualifying this year :shh:

How many tickets expected for Servette then? Think the accommodating Swiss will offer up more than the minimum seeing as its a 30,000 seater and they have no fans?

As I said in the other thread, both teams looked very shite. Should be an easy enough passage through to the next round.

Servette will be hard to break down but I thought that Genk were poor considering all the ball they had, they done very little.

Genk was the trickier tie for us based on their style of play.

No excuses now, we should be beating Servette over 2 legs.

We should get Ced The Ted on the phone for some pointers but either way I fancy our chances.

Who are the teams in the next round?

Anybody?

Champions path

Raków Czestochowa (POL) vs Aris Limassol (CYP)
Slovan Bratislava (SVK) vs Maccabi Haifa (ISR)
AEK Athens (GRE) vs GNK Dinamo (CRO)
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) vs Galatasaray (TUR)
Copenhagen (DEN) vs Sparta Praha (CZE)
KÍ Klaksvík (FRO) vs Molde (NOR)

League path

Braga (POR) vs Bačka Topola (SRB)
Rangers (SCO) vs Servette (SUI)
Panathinaikos (GRE) vs Marseille (FRA)
PSV Eindhoven (NED) vs Sturm Graz (AUT)

Cracking result for Servette, considering the early sending off.

I would make us favourites to get through this tie, but the PO round is going to be very tough with the amount of new signings we have and lack of fit centre halves.

Cracking result for Servette, considering the early sending off.

I would make us favourites to get through this tie, but the PO round is going to be very tough with the amount of new signings we have and lack of fit centre halves.

I'd be very hopeful they'll be fit in three weeks

Stupid question but do the 7 yellow cards carry over? I.E would they be suspended for the return leg if they get booked at Ibrox?

As i said Servette have a guy named Pflücke who played for my local team a couple of Years ago and was not even a regular starter. Lets have them Rangers!

I think we'll destroy Servette quite easily then face Marseille, who are getting pumped at home to Leverkusen currently. Might be getting ahead of myself but we're qualifying this year :shh:
Personally beating Marseille would be a nice bit of revenge, cheating ba••••ds!

Pretty sure it’s 3 bookings for a suspension.
Think that’s correct:

In case of repeated cautions:

1. before the group stage, players and team officials are suspended for the next competition match after three cautions, which did not result in a red card, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.)

A bit worried just because our record against Swiss teams ain’t great, but then if we can’t beat them over 2 games then we don’t deserve to be in the CL

Anyone that booked easy jet flights for Genk. You can process a refund on the live chat (with cancellation fees) to recoup some money back. Think the booking has to be made less than 24 hour ago. Hopefully helps a few out.

It'll be interesting to see the UCL squad for this and who makes the cut. Confident but we'll need a bit of luck. Hopefully we can get through.

Got birmingham to geneva 230, jumped up from about 180 when booking. Thankfully get 90% voucher back from gotogate for the brussels flights so use that for the next round.

Just booked a hotel at the airport, hotel prices are wild in the city centre.

Back