Official 3rd Qualifying Round - Rangers v Servette

I wouldn't normally but for the sake of £8 to get a 90% voucher made sense for this, although they have for some reason booked my flight back twice. Agree though if it was known would always book direct but got the flight details now so no issues
So if you book using Gotogate and pay the £4 extra per flight, they allow you to cancel and receive a 90% voucher for future bookings with them? Have I understood that right?

Servette squad isn't valued much higher than the sheep or hearts

Considering what weve spent, failure here would be at least on par with progres

No it wouldn't. Sevette look much better than Progres. We should be beating them, I agree, but lets not kid ourselves that it'll be dead easy considering our season is just starting and weve got so many new players.

We just don’t know what sort of form this Rangers team are going to start the season in. Any game could be dangerous at the moment.

Full house at Ibrox next Wednesday with the new lads looking to make their mark should see us through I think. Or I hope .

We will win this tie quite comfortabley, then there is the big play off.

Nevertheless, we still have the parachute of the Europa League if we make an arse of it.

Glad we face Servette, did anyone share a GIRFUY to the Genk player who was quoted as saying he was already looking past Rangers? That’s what over confidence brings.

Swiss football is decent but you would hope if both teams are at their best we would have a wee bit more than them. You just hope our lads find their farm quickly and Beale knows his strongest 11 for the game

Last edited:
Didn’t really bother who went thru as if we don’t do any of them then only got ourself to blame.. fancy us massively.

So if you book using Gotogate and pay the £4 extra per flight, they allow you to cancel and receive a 90% voucher for future bookings with them? Have I understood that right?
Yes mate, going to give them a call this morning. Think it is just 90% of the flight total back and need to use them again to use the voucher

No it wouldn't. Sevette look much better than Progres. We should be beating them, I agree, but lets not kid ourselves that it'll be dead easy considering our season is just starting and weve got so many new players.
Assuming he means in relative terms, in that we are a far better side than the team that played Progres - granted I find these analogies a little pointless

I think this gives us a better chance to progress playing Servette than Genk.

Remember every result matters for our qualification to the world club tournament next season. Also winning this would bank us £5m parachute payment.

Genk were around 4/9 I think to qualify v Servette. It won’t be easy but we have given ourselves the best chance considering their seeding and suspended player.

I have mygers and I’m trying to buy a ticket for next week but keeps saying I need to have a season ticket. Isn’t mygers sale today? Will it be after a certain time like 9am?

I have mygers and I’m trying to buy a ticket for next week but keeps saying I need to have a season ticket. Isn’t mygers sale today? Will it be after a certain time like 9am?
Email said MyGers sale would be at 10:00am

Away leg has a 7.30pm UK time kick-off

Referee
Maurizio Mariani ITA

Assistant referees
Alessandro Giallatini ITA
Alessandro Lo Cicero ITA

Fourth official
Andrea Colombo ITA

Home leg

Referee
Donatas Rumšas LTU

Assistant referees
Aleksandr Radius LTU
Dovydas Sužiedėlis LTU

Fourth official
Manfredas Lukjančukas LTU

Last edited:
Glad we face Servette, did anyone share a GIRFUY to the Genk player who was quoted as saying he was already looking past Rangers? That’s what over confidence brings.

Swiss football is decent but you would hope if both teams are at their best we would have a wee bit more than them. You just hope our lads find their farm quickly and Beale knows his strongest 11 for the game

They reap what they sow

Our record against Swiss teams in Europe:

That makes for pretty grim reading!!!
I cannot understand the massive overconfidence that seems to be pervading the site this morning.

That makes for pretty grim reading!!!
I cannot understand the massive overconfidence that seems to be pervading the site this morning.
Different times, we've far more European experience now and have beaten teams significantly better than them.

Not over confident by any stretch but I do think we'll get through with minimal issues. Only issue is these games coming too early for our new team

Got my ticket for this one now. Looks to be plenty available but hopefully it ends up being a full house as that could make all the difference. Show them no mercy and put this tie to bed at home in the first leg.

Gents, why am I thinking it's PSV or Sturm Graz for the winners of Rangers and Servette?
The draw hasn't been done yet but we can play the winner of:
Panathinaikos v Marseille
Or
PSV v Sturm Graz

So odds on is that it is PSV or Marseille, going by seed

That's one of the most moronic takes I've ever read on this forum.

They've just put out a top Belgian side who have plenty of European experience recently, with ten men at that, and you think that's a team on a par with a Progres Neiderkorn?
Is that what i said?

Practise reading before using big words like moronic

Back