Albion Rovers Director

Maybe a good time to reorganise the leagues & to also include the colt teams in the restructure. From the ashes of this shite fest the clubs can lead to make it a more sustainable & viable proposition going forward. Rather than every man /woman for themselves.

Dare I say all of these places and teams mentioned could pull a crowd in if they REALLY wanted to. See cup finals as an example. Falkirk, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Inverness have all taken allocations for hampden and the piggery which would fill their home stadiums sometimes twice over. The fact is football in this country is expensive for the product, boring in terms of matchday experience and there are cheaper alternatives available. It’s no coincidence junior teams earn more than teams in the professional game.

Absolutely nothing gets done to entice people to the football. Sure enough kids go free and price reductions etc might have a bit of an impact but after that, what exactly is there that will keep fair weather fans entertained?

i listened to the clyde ssb podcast and fraser wishart was very interesting from the unions point of view.

players being unable to sign on even for a month extra incase of injury, a transfer window being open so in theory teams could sign players etc etc.

i know its a good laugh for us but even if roles were reversed and we were 13 points clear, as much ws we would want the season to be extended i just can’t see it if this lasts anymore than a couple of weeks.

This is true. I forgot about that fact - the fact they've spent so much time trying to ruin Scottish football they've made it totally worthless for anyone to invest, thus leaving them with no money either. Maybe they could borrow it from their super rich masters at Celtic.

Just another example of what a mess the SFA and SPFL actually are though isn't it?
And no sponsors for next year

Happily Albion Rovers missed out on a Rangers bonus

KILLy are 8th so i’m Guessing Motherwell would be passed off. This is impossible to solve equitably

Actually we played them three times in 13/14 . Once in the challenge cup at Livingston's ground and twice in the Scottish cup. Moshni got a last minute equaliser to take it to a replay at Hamilton.

I have a niggling feeling the SFA will give Celtic the title and increase the league to 16 teams to get round the Dundee United / Hearts problem. Wouldn’t put anything past them

I don't doubt they are considering this, they may even try to get this through, but they can't be allowed to.

We started the season and champions and relegation would be decided over the course of the league campaign. They can't now declare a team champions who haven't won the league nor can they relegate a team that have not been relegated nor can they fiddle it to declare a team champions while removing relegation via league reconstruction.

Like I said, I don't doubt there could be those considering such a move but it would be nothing short of cheating.

Is this the same guy who got a pat on the back for handing over a lump of the blue pound to charity? At the time my thoughts were that he should improve the team, improve the facilities and keep some for a rainy day.
A good reason why I donate to charities of my choice and do not subsidies the provincial teams.

Can't believe anybody liked that nonsense.
I have said for years we need to get out of this backwater otherwise we will slowly die along with the other mob.
We could easily play our second team in Scotland and be competitive.
This may be the opportunity we need. If lots of clubs go under there is a chance UEFA will restructure European football.

concerned about having to pay wages will be up there for a lot of clubs but also a lot of family and the like as well

Void out league and spread the prize money.
i agree, but....
TV companies BT & Sky are going to claw some money back
as TV deal is based on a certain numbers of Rangers and celtic matches are shown live and that will also be null and void.

i agree, but....
TV companies BT & Sky are going to claw some money back
as TV deal is based on a certain numbers of Rangers and celtic matches are shown live and that will also be null and void.

This will be the same tv companies charging full whack for sports over the next few months when there is nothing to show.

Back