Barrie McKay going to Olympiacos

Disliking a guy who couldn’t be arsed most of the time and who rejected a good contract offer served up while his Godfather was still in charge, a guy who described his treatment at Rangers as inhumane.

Yeah I can’t quite figure out why people don’t like him, it’s mystifying :D

Knew you'd bite. :D

McKay was our best player during Warburton's 18 months at the club (yes he had a dip second season) and one of the few (along with Tav, Fod, Rossiter, Windass, etc) I've have kept.

Mad Ped came in, rabbited a bunch of pish ("offensive positional transitions") which seemed to confuse half the squad and scunner the other half. Barrie McKay and Emerson Hyndman, in particular, seemed to get all the ability knocked out them by the hapless Caixinha.

He was one of the most effective players in The Championship in the first few months of last season. He fell out of the picture when Karanka came in because he's The Spanish Tony Pulis.
He was falling out of favour well before Karanka. He finished 2 full games between September and MW’s sacking.

This is just another stop on his journey to obscurity.

He was falling out of favour well before Karanka. He finished 2 full games between September and MW’s sacking.

This is just another stop on his journey to obscurity.

Well, here's an article from November raving about him (with Forest Fans on Twitter raving about him as well).

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/0...orters-will-be-very-interested-in-what-notti/

Here's an article from September where a Forest Legend was hailing him as the bargain of the season.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...rrie-mckay-nottingham-forest-rangers-bargain/

There's more articles online as well but you get the drift....

I was on holiday in October and there were two older Forest Season Ticket Holders at my hotel who absolutely adored him and were raving about him as well.

But I guess all these folk don't know as much as people on here who haven't watched him all season. :rolleyes:

McKay was our best player during Warburton's 18 months at the club (yes he had a dip second season) and one of the few (along with Tav, Fod, Rossiter, Windass, etc) I've have kept.

Mad Ped came in, rabbited a bunch of pish ("offensive positional transitions") which seemed to confuse half the squad and scunner the other half. Barrie McKay and Emerson Hyndman, in particular, seemed to get all the ability knocked out them by the hapless Caixinha.
While I agree Pedro was useless, he wasn’t the reason Mckay fell out of favour, the boy himself did that.
If it was just Pedro then he should have flourished elsewhere but he hasn’t and now cannot get a game for a middle of the road championship team.

I think it’s Kenny Burns today who is quoted as saying something along the lines of he started well then got a hard tackle early doors in the Derby game and just disappeared after that. It’s unfbut that kind of thing is all to familiar.

I certainly don’t bear Barrie any ill will but he very much a player with all the talent but none of the heart and desire to succeed.

I see he has been spending his summer holidays with Kyle Hutton & Nicky Law. Another pair of top pro's who maximised their talent :rolleyes:

Destined to be a player who spirals down levels of club, one at a time.

Only going to Olympiakos because of Forrest connections. I doubt he will survive the cauldron of Athens and the passion of the Olympiacos fans. Will be too much for the wee hunk.

And then it'll be to a lower club and then another one- until he is back at a Hearts or a Kilmarnock.

That’s not true at all bud!

McKay was brilliant in Waburton’s first season, I’ll give you that. He was predominantly shite in the second season, and that includes under Waburton who ended up dropping him too.

People often make their minds up on a player and won’t deviate from their chosen stance no matter what, that’s what I see here with McKay. I couldn’t say enough good things about him in Waburton’s first season, he was excellent and clearly a level above the majority of Scottish players from a technical viewpoint. Of course that changed when he started his regular disappearing acts and it became very clear that he didn’t want to play for Rangers and couldn’t even be arsed to humour the support by pretending to put some effort on. The comments after he’d left merely showed what a knob he really is. That’s it really!

While I agree Pedro was useless, he wasn’t the reason Mckay fell out of favour, the boy himself did that.
If it was just Pedro then he should have flourished elsewhere but he hasn’t and now cannot get a game for a middle of the road championship team.

I think it’s Kenny Burns today who is quoted as saying something along the lines of he started well then got a hard tackle early doors in the Derby game and just disappeared after that. It’s unfbut that kind of thing is all to familiar.

I certainly don’t bear Barrie any ill will but he very much a player with all the talent but none of the heart and desire to succeed.

McKay was just one of dozens of our squad who didn't have a fecking clue what Mad Ped was asking him to do.

Ped had the whole team playing narrower March-mid April (up until the 1-5 horsing ironically, when we were as strung out vertically and horizontally as any team could possibly be) asking McKay and Hyndman (who he had decided was a right winger) to tuck in into an already congested middle of the park.

McKay was a player who, when he was playing well under Warburton, got joy from hugging the left touchline, receiving the ball in space and then running at the full back/running inside and playing the through ball. Pedro changing the shape and insisting the whole team play narrower eliminated the space in which McKay operated.

That’s not true at all bud!

McKay was brilliant in Waburton’s first season, I’ll give you that. He was predominantly shite in the second season, and that includes under Waburton who ended up dropping him too.

People often make their minds up on a player and won’t deviate from their chosen stance no matter what, that’s what I see here with McKay. I couldn’t say enough good things about him in Waburton’s first season, he was excellent and clearly a level above the majority of Scottish players from a technical viewpoint. Of course that changed when he started his regular disappearing acts and it became very clear that he didn’t want to play for Rangers and couldn’t even be arsed to humour the support by pretending to put some effort on. The comments after he’d left merely showed what a knob he really is. That’s it really!

McKay played 49 games in season 2015-16 as a 20 year old (I think). His season ended on June 4th 2016 when (having been called up for the National Team) he played for Scotland against France.

9 days later I believe Rangers were back for pre season training.

McKay wasn't as good in 2016-17, although he still had an excellent performance vs the mentally challengeds at Ibrox at New Years, where he tore Lustig (who we haven't laid a glove on since, despite him being pish) a new arsehole, but McKay was clearly burnt out at the time.

Young lad, lots of first team football, hardly any break.

It's strange that you seem much more forgiving towards Morelos, who's suffered from the same problems this year (albeit with much more of a greety face on him), than you are towards McKay.

Big fan of Barrie very talented in the football side of things but at the same time his attitude was very poor,I certainly don't hate the boy in fact I wish him all the best he has moved on and so have we.

McKay played 49 games in season 2015-16 as a 20 year old (I think). His season ended on June 4th 2016 when (having been called up for the National Team) he played for Scotland against France.

9 days later I believe Rangers were back for pre season training.

McKay wasn't as good in 2016-17, although he still had an excellent performance vs the mentally challengeds at Ibrox at New Years, where he tore Lustig (who we haven't laid a glove on since, despite him being pish) a new arsehole, but McKay was clearly burnt out at the time.

Young lad, lots of first team football, hardly any break.

It's strange that you seem much more forgiving towards Morelos, who's suffered from the same problems this year (albeit with much more of a greety face on him), than you are towards McKay.

That’s absolute bollocks though, just as the insinuation that he nose dived when Pedro came in, is also bollocks. He stopped putting the effort in, he has absolutely no spine or drive and everything else you hear about the guy supports that. He took most of that season off so I can’t see him being burned out that’s for sure.

I’ve never seen Morelos give in, in fact he’s the only player I’ve seen give the filth defence a game since we returned to the top flight so why would I go after him? He runs himself into the ground, even when things aren’t going his way in front of goal.

McKay had a good game against them at Ibrox amidst some pathetic OF displays, one of which saw him subbed off at half time for his sheer cowardice.

Could Gerrard have got more out Barrie,It wasn't just Barrie who suffered under Warburton in his final months.

questions over the mental application.
I'd go so far as to say he's maybe one of those who isn't capable of applying himself at this side of the game and it's probably not a choice if you know what I mean?
Would not surprise me, that whole Country is in chaos, no doubt McKay will be back in the UK within 6 months having not been paid.
..having hardly learned a word of Greek.

He played 7s with us on Monday night. I’m 56 so was probably the highlight of his career. Didn’t speak much to him but seemed decent enough guy. Wish him well, I’d have liked him to still be at Ibrox

Hope he does well...it would reflect well on us.

Folk getting offended by Barrie McKay....was always fucken weird.

"Well done Pedro!", "Ah but Pedro knows eh"

"If Pedro thinks it then it must be true" eh.

This won't end well!!!

He will be back within a short time, definately the boys career has went down hill since his move and his attitude is definately the question.

Based on his consistency, attitude, commitment and general level of performance week I'm week, out i'd say he will end up in League One in England before too long.

Hope he does well...it would reflect well on us.

Folk getting offended by Barrie McKay....was always fucken weird.

"Well done Pedro!", "Ah but Pedro knows eh"

"If Pedro thinks it then it must be true" eh.

Don’t think anyone is getting offended by McKay

The fact he’s leaving Forest for hee haw after an unsuccessful spell at Forest suggests that Pedro was indeed right

I’d say anyone that gets offended by folk that say he wasn’t as good as FF made out, are the weird ones.

You come across very angry. Everything alright?

Don’t think anyone is getting offended by McKay

The fact he’s leaving Forest for hee haw after an unsuccessful spell at Forest suggests that Pedro was indeed right

I’d say anyone that gets offended by folk that say he wasn’t as good as FF made out, are the weird ones.

You come across very angry. Everything alright?

Aye Nemane and Dalcio as replacements worked out well for us, grand job.

He’s nowt but a knob.

P.S. Had enough skill to be a top player and loved him when he knuckled down and played his part for the team
If he could sort out the psychological side of things I would like him back.

Based on his consistency, attitude, commitment and general level of performance week I'm week, out i'd say he will end up in League One in England before too long.

You also said you don't like Walter Smith, yet want to f*ck Tommy Robinson, Nigel Farage and Donald Trump up the arse. Taking that into account, it's safe to say we can dismiss your value of character.

Back