Barrie McKay going to Olympiacos

200w.gif

Well stop digging then, you’re barely visible by this point :D

I thought he was a smashing player and had high hopes for him, but he failed to be consistent which let him down. Hope he does well in Greece if he goes there.

Greece seems like a long way to go just to end up in Aberdeen after Xmas.

Will suit McInnes's style, 2 shitebags together.

It sums up the mentality of some of our support and Scottish Football in general really. Laud players with next to no talent who ''put a shift in'' yet hate on guys with actual talent that perhaps need nurtured.

If Rodgers had McKay at Celtic in that team he would have him playing like a world beater.

Hahaha wit a lot of pish

McKay, Windass and Morelos as a theoretical front 3 would have caused most sides in the SPL serious issues in this league - loads of pace, movement and tricks in them.

We could have had that for the cost of about 750kish - less than we paid for Herrera and likely on less than Penas wage between them..thus allowing us a really good budget for other players - another forward, a midfield...a defence even...a solid platform on which to allow those players to play..

THAT's what irks and pisses people off not some BS fallsified idea McKay was ever going to run riot in the EPL - made up fairy land pish.

It was shit business - the notion was never that McKay wasn't loved - Caxinha walked in the door and went on some bizzare tough love routine with McKay - it was weird as %^*& and did dent McKay's value....don't take my and other fan boys word for it...take Dave Kings at the AGM when he openly spoke about players being undersold - Caxinha dented the value of players at the arse end of last summer with his pish - we could have nicked another 2 million if we had at least bothered to pretend we wanted to keep players...

He’d better. Can’t imagine their fans putting up with him hiding in games the way we did.

He’ll have to if he doesn’t find consistency his next move won’t be great, maybe a change of country will suit him.

Anyway I hope he goes on to realise his potential, for me he just wasn’t mentally strong enough to play for us and some supporters behaviour towards him didn’t help matters.

A decent kid with a lot to learn but personally don’t get some peoples hatred for him.

If it does happen, will go on loan to an SPFL club, most probably Hearts, in January, got disaster written all over it for him.

He’ll have to if he doesn’t find consistency his next move won’t be great, maybe a change of country will suit him.

Anyway I hope he goes on to realise his potential, for me he just wasn’t mentally strong enough to play for us and some supporters behaviour towards him didn’t help matters.

A decent kid with a lot to learn but personally don’t get some peoples hatred for him.
I wish him the best too. It’s a shame to see potential unfulfilled. My post was more talking about the crazy bast@rds in places like Greece.

McKay tended to be the player who would always show for the ball and take it in under pressure. Even when Ibrox was baying for his blood. That isn't the sign of a coward. He's a good player with strong technical skills but he does drift in and out of matches. I personally would have persevered with him.

I'm probably in the minority, but I really liked the guy. Sure, he was inconsistent and he could disappear right in front of your eyes, but he definitely has talent. A better manager would have been able to get more out of him, I feel.

This move will probably make or break his career, I can't help but feel it will probably be the last big club he will play for though.

I was in Athens in May just as their season over there was coming to an end and it was 34 degrees. I really can't see Barrie putting a shift in when he's playing in that kind of heat.

Poor wee Barry, not treated the way any human should be at Rangers and now Forrest, wee shame for him eh.

Back