Barrie McKay going to Olympiacos

It sums up the mentality of some of our support and Scottish Football in general really. Laud players with next to no talent who ''put a shift in'' yet hate on guys with actual talent that perhaps need nurtured.

If Rodgers had McKay at Celtic in that team he would have him playing like a world beater.

I am sure that when he eventually does sign for Olympiacos that our Club will get a significant sell on fee. Our Commercial team did make sure that there was a sell on clause now, didn't they? Yeh I am sure they did, I mean its fairly standard these days when a young talented player leaves one club to another, especially where they move into a bigger marketplace. Yes, i am sure our commercial team were on it, weren't they?

That’s absolute bollocks though, just as the insinuation that he nose dived when Pedro came in, is also bollocks. He stopped putting the effort in, he has absolutely no spine or drive and everything else you hear about the guy supports that. He took most of that season off so I can’t see him being burned out that’s for sure.

I’ve never seen Morelos give in, in fact he’s the only player I’ve seen give the filth defence a game since we returned to the top flight so why would I go after him? He runs himself into the ground, even when things aren’t going his way in front of goal.

McKay had a good game against them at Ibrox amidst some pathetic OF displays, one of which saw him subbed off at half time for his sheer cowardice.

It's not bollocks though.

McKay did play 49 games in Season 2015-16. His season did finish on June 4th. We were back in pre season training about 10 days later.

As a young player, having played a lot of football with pretty much zero break he was clearly jaded and burnt out the following season.

The manager (whatever limitations he had) said as much at the time.

And he did play much better under MW than PC.

I'm not really sure what part of that you think is made up and tbh I'm not particularly bothered.

Very few of these different clubs, same owner transfers seem to work unless you're talking about the ones owned by Udinese.

The dislike for Barrie on here is weird.

The talent is there just not the application and effort that's why there's such fierce debate over McKay. I'm not shocked by his failure in England and by moving to Greece it's one of these wierd attempts at establishing himself again which I think will quickly fail followed by moving back to Scotland very soon.

What a fucking waste of talent this lad.

He was one of the most effective players in The Championship in the first few months of last season. He fell out of the picture when Karanka came in because he's The Spanish Tony Pulis.
Nothing like rewriting history.:D He’d fallen out of favour before Warburton had even been sacked.

Nothing like rewriting history.:D He’d fallen out of favour before Warburton had even been sacked.

Warburton was sacked around Dec / Jan IIRC? And McKay featured in two games after his sacking.

He played 26 times for Forest last season, meaning he had featured in 24 games before January.

Out of favour?

What the hell does that have to do with anything? :D The answer is, I don't know.

Rogic gets whipped after 60/70 mins every week for Celtic, is he out of favour with them? Ffs :D
He was dropped for several games leading up to Warburton’s departure and was more or less completely frozen out under Karanka.

The truth is that McKay is a 23 year old player who’s only real good season in football was spent in the Scottish Championship. His attitude is utterly honking and the Greeks won’t be shy in letting him know that if he starts his huffy shite over there.

He was dropped for several games leading up to Warburton’s departure and was more or less completely frozen out under Karanka.

The truth is that McKay is a 23 year old player who’s only real good season in football was spent in the Scottish Championship. His attitude is utterly honking and the Greeks won’t be shy in letting him know that if he starts his huffy shite over there.

He started at least 80/90% of games down there under MW. He was on the bench a few times and was brought off a lot (probably at the 60 min mark :D) but that doesn't mean he was out of favour at all. MW was famous for rotation etc.

The Forest Fans loved McKay in the first half of the season.

He started at least 80/90% of games down there under MW. He was on the bench a few times and was brought off a lot (probably at the 60 min mark :D) but that doesn't mean he was out of favour at all. MW was famous for rotation etc.

The Forest Fans loved McKay in the first half of the season.
They did, but as Kenny Burns said today , “he is clearly a talented player but doesn’t show it enough. I watched him in our 3-0 defeat against Preston, he got whacked early on from their right back then went missing for the rest of the game. We didn’t see him for weeks after that. I think the championship might just be too tough and physical for him”

To be honest that kind of comment is pretty familiar to the Mckay I recognise.

I'd take him back in a second.
I wouldn't my games were spoiled by the unbelievable abuse he got by Bears round about me,I know some think Rangers players should be able to take abuse its part of the job and the making of a many a player but it was very uncomfortable to listen to.

The Barrie McKay cheerleaders would have you believe that not only is he a misunderstood genius but that Rangers supporters have never taken to a football player.

When you get it right at our club you are lauded like no other place in football. There is a reason that players from most countries in Europe who had barely considered playing in Glasgow consider this place home.

This thing that some on here do where our support is painted as not knowing it’s arse from its elbow?
Well it knows it’s shitebags from its heroes.

Last edited:
Good luck to the lad hope he gets his career back on track, not too many British players try out abroad I suppose they miss the beans:D

Don’t think anyone is getting offended by McKay

The fact he’s leaving Forest for hee haw after an unsuccessful spell at Forest suggests that Pedro was indeed right

I’d say anyone that gets offended by folk that say he wasn’t as good as FF made out, are the weird ones.

You come across very angry. Everything alright?

Of course they’re not. It’s just the usual contrarian pish from the same folk. If they to talk about weird, there’s nothing weirder than going into threads, looking at the general consensus, and then going in the opposite direction just for some strange wee thrill of having the attention of being the one who goes against the grain. Oddities :D

If Rodgers had McKay at Celtic in that team he would have him playing like a world beater.
What a strange thing to post, You a big fan of the Celtic Manager ?

I wish Barrie all the best and hope he does really well in Greece, Ne4ver had a problem with him leaving

It's not bollocks though.

McKay did play 49 games in Season 2015-16. His season did finish on June 4th. We were back in pre season training about 10 days later.

As a young player, having played a lot of football with pretty much zero break he was clearly jaded and burnt out the following season.

The manager (whatever limitations he had) said as much at the time.

And he did play much better under MW than PC.

I'm not really sure what part of that you think is made up and tbh I'm not particularly bothered.

The attempt to draw comparisons between my view of Morelos and of McKay was bollocks given there’s an absolute marked difference in the effort both put in.

And you’re just using that as an excuse, he couldn’t be arsed, everything points to that, the biggest indicator being how little of a shit he clearly gave when you just watched him on the pitch. He wasn’t burned out. It’s went the exact same way for him at Forest, people can make lame duck excuses about Karanka just being a negative coach but if he thought McKay could win him games he’d be picking him for the benefit of his own club and managerial career.

He’s got too many boyband type fans who are just too emotionally invested in him and are stuck doing mental gymnastics to avoid accepting the reality.

I think Drumpchapel bear said it sums up Scottish football that he’s not lauded. The mentality in Scottish football is bad, but why would anyone laud a talented player with no spine or determination to better himself? I wouldn’t be bragging about the move to Greece either given it’s only happening because of connections between the two clubs. If he thought our fans were hard on him, he’s got another thing coming when the Olympiacos fans suss him out, which won’t take long.

It sums up the mentality of some of our support and Scottish Football in general really. Laud players with next to no talent who ''put a shift in'' yet hate on guys with actual talent that perhaps need nurtured.

I’m struggling to get my head around that one. Rodgers isn’t a sports therapist, he’s not going to get a tune out of a player with no drive and determination. At best he’d be doing what he’s been doing at an average Forest side, ie sitting picking splinters out his arse.

The attempt to draw comparisons between my view of Morelos and of McKay was bollocks given there’s an absolute marked difference in the effort both put in.

And you’re just using that as an excuse, he couldn’t be arsed, everything points to that, the biggest indicator being how little of a shit he clearly gave when you just watched him on the pitch. He wasn’t burned out. It’s went the exact same way for him at Forest, people can make lame duck excuses about Karanka just being a negative coach but if he thought McKay could win him games he’d be picking him for the benefit of his own club and managerial career.

He’s got too many boyband type fans who are just too emotionally invested in him and are stuck doing mental gymnastics to avoid accepting the reality.

I think Drumpchapel bear said it sums up Scottish football that he’s not lauded. The mentality in Scottish football is bad, but why would anyone laud a talented player with no spine or determination to better himself? I wouldn’t be bragging about the move to Greece either given it’s only happening because of connections between the two clubs. If he thought our fans were hard on him, he’s got another thing coming when the Olympiacos fans suss him out, which won’t take long.

We sold Barrie McKay for peanuts and replaced him with Dalcio and Aaron Nemane.

I'm still trying to get my head round that one.

I’m struggling to get my head around that one. Rodgers isn’t a sports therapist, he’s not going to get a tune out of a player with no drive and determination. At best he’d be doing what he’s been doing at an average Forest side, ie sitting picking splinters out his arse.

With all due respect mate, you or nobody else know anything about his drive and determination. Too many people equate not running about mental and thundering into tackles as ''not caring or not trying''. Windass gets labelled with a lot of the same stuff yet he's the hardest trainer at the club just now i.e. determined to make it to the top.

Olympiakos have just lost their title and the owner is sending McKay to Greece. Hardly thinks he's a diddy if he's doing that is he?

What’s the use of having talent if you can’t be arsed showing it, the lad just looked like he never enjoyed playing football and his attitude was terrible. As for this haters pish, it really is time some on here stopped acting like petulant children.
As for your last statement, feck me that reads like something Rodgers the narcissist would come out with himself.

My brother is a season ticket holder at Forest. He raved about him at the start of last season and believed they had the deal of the century. I cautioned him in respect of temperament and consistency. Suffice to say he will not miss him.

We sold Barrie McKay for peanuts and replaced him with Dalcio and Aaron Nemane.

I'm still trying to get my head round that one.

We didn’t sell him for peanuts, we sold him for a good £500k. Shite attitude, no heart, 5 good games in the SPL to his name, one year left on his contract. Anyone thinking we were due more was wired to the moon.

With all due respect mate, you or nobody else know anything about his drive and determination. Too many people equate not running about mental and thundering into tackles as ''not caring or not trying''. Windass gets labelled with a lot of the same stuff yet he's the hardest trainer at the club just now i.e. determined to make it to the top.

Olympiakos have just lost their title and the owner is sending McKay to Greece. Hardly thinks he's a diddy if he's doing that is he?

With no due respect, you do? :D Windass is a hard trainer and determined to make it to the top and no one likes these guys because they don’t go thundering into tackles? Haha, come on that’s clichéd pish, we know why you have a soft spot for those players in particular, and it’s not because you think they’re special or have the potential to do a turn for us. I’m only interested on what players do at game time and hiding away, avoiding the action and failing to track or and apply any prsssure to the opposition isn’t going to be good enough for any fan or any sane coach.

None of this this explains your utterly bizarre Rodgers comment either. Sometimes you back the wrong players and you get it very wrong, I thought Peña could get himself together and be useful for us, I was wrong. You thought the sun
shone out of McKay, Windass, Garner, Kiernan and Warburton’s arses, you were wrong. It happens.

Furthermore, the Forest owner is just that, an owner, he’s no Mourinho is he. He’s clearly getting him out of there because he’s got no chance of getting back in that bang average Forest side, so it’s a case of throwing him in there to see if he has any more luck.

Why is my comment about Rodgers bizarre? I can be staunch as f*ck and say he's a Tranny Sh*gging C*nt with plastic teeth and he's a p*sh coach but it doesn't make winning 55 any easier does it?

I call things as I see it. I don't follow the crowd and join the echo chamber on here.

Barrie McKay is definitely a talent!
His problem lies between his ears!
I wonder if a professional sports psychologist like the ones professional golfers use might be beneficial for the lad.
Having said that, these guys are usually working with sportsmen that WANT to better themselves.
Does Barrie fall into that category?
I had really high hopes for him when he first burst onto the scene at Ibrox but although his talent has never been in question, his mindset is just all wrong!

I liked Wee Baz hope he can get his career back on track, but ultimately it is up to him, he has the talent but there are questions over the mental application.

Wouldn't even call them questions at this point, they're facts. McKay will never become as good as he could because it's clear from watching him he's satisfied with the level hes gotten to

A talented young player who got hacked off playing with crap players under a charlatan of a manager.

But hey, blame the young player.

Why is my comment about Rodgers bizarre? I can be staunch as f*ck and say he's a Tranny Sh*gging C*nt with plastic teeth and he's a p*sh coach but it doesn't make winning 55 any easier does it?

I call things as I see it. I don't follow the crowd and join the echo chamber on here.

Because he doesn’t work wonders with players who have no backbone and who aren’t prepared to put the hard work in?

Aye cause Daniel Sturridge has the best attitude and application in the world eh....

Ffs :D

Errrrr, well that was certainly strange.

I’ve never heard of Sturridge having any issue until his second season injuries woes at Liverpool. As far as I was aware he was always a hard working player at both Chelsea and Liverpool. He may have an issue now but I’ve never heard of him having a complete lack of backbone at Chelsea or in his first year at Liverpool. But I mean yeah, cool!

We didn’t sell him for peanuts, we sold him for a good £500k. Shite attitude, no heart, 5 good games in the SPL to his name, one year left on his contract. Anyone thinking we were due more was wired to the moon.

FFS pal. :D

The board even admitted themselves at the last AGM they made a spectacular James Hunt of it only getting 500k for McKay and that was the AGM in which they refused to admit they made a cunt of it appointing Pedro!

Errrrr, well that was certainly strange.

I’ve never heard of Sturridge having any issue until his second season injuries woes at Liverpool. As far as I was aware he was always a hard working player at both Chelsea and Liverpool. He may have an issue now but I’ve never heard of him having a complete lack of backbone at Chelsea or in his first year at Liverpool. But I mean yeah, cool!

200w.gif

Back