Barry Ferguson and Ronald de Boer

prenzlauerbear

Has there ever been a duo with more quality in the history of Scottish football? The answer is no.

0_BARRY-FERGUSON.jpg

BF3A0643.jpg

rangers-ronald-de-boer-l-celebrates-his-goal-with-barry-ferguson-r-G9G5N8.jpg

0_GD603965.jpg

Screenshot-2024-04-26-at-10-35-37.png

Screenshot-2024-04-26-at-10-25-44.png

Great footballing brains. Their link up in the 02/03 season was tremendous.

That Dundee United goal where Barry sprayed a diagonal, de Boer killed it on the by line and waited for Barry getting to the edge of the area before teeing him up to caress it into the top corner.

Surprisingly, anytime I’ve heard De Boer speak he doesn’t seem to praise Barry as much as I would expect him too. Probably just the way he is personality wise.

That Dundee United goal where Barry sprayed a diagonal, de Boer killed it on the by line and waited for Barry getting to the edge of the area before teeing him up to caress it into the top corner.

Surprisingly, anytime I’ve heard De Boer speak he doesn’t seem to praise Barry as much as I would expect him too. Probably just the way he is personality wise.

I always remember de Boer being scoring headers, but when you watch the highlights back, a header is basically a shot for him. His technique when it comes to heading is next level

Don’t think he praises anyone as highly as he praises Ronald de Boer.
Supremely confident in his own ability but justifiably so.

I don't think I've ever been as excited at a player signing for us as I was when we got R. de Boer. He was a proper world class player. Think he was only 28/29 too?

Was a bit too young to realise the magnitude of us signing Gazza.

Reactions: TQ3
As a midfield duo, I thought you might have said Baxter and McMillan?
Yes, that's a fair shout, and that was indeed the creative midfield duo of the early 1960's with McMillan and Baxter, but McMillan played less than 20 games in each of the 62-63, 63-64 Double and Treble winning seasons, as opposed to both Greig and Baxter who played close to 100 games each over those two particular seasons.
And who could argue with the 'Greatest Ever' and the 'Bestest Ever'? ;)

Yes, that's a fair shout, and that was indeed the creative midfield duo of the early 1960's with McMillan and Baxter, but McMillan played less than 20 games in each of the 62-63, 63-64 Double and Treble winning seasons, as opposed to both Greig and Baxter who played close to 100 games each over those two particular seasons.
And who could argue with the 'Greatest Ever' and the 'Bestest Ever'? ;)

I must have saw Baxter as a wean as my old man would have taken me, but obviously you can't take it in at that stage.

Laudrup is the greatest I've seen as an adult, but watching some of the documentaries on Baxter, for me, he is the King. I'd have been golden wathching him in his pomp.

Back