Official Cedric Itten Joins BSC Young Boys

I bet Motherwell are breathing a sigh of relief!

With the exception of the day we won it, that match against Motherwell at Ibrox was one of the tensest moments of 55 yet he stepped up with a proper Erik Bo Andersen style cameo.

All the best to him.

A victim of us playing 1 up front . Should never have been signed as he can’t play up front on his own

Can't wait for him to score for Switzerland in Qatar in 6 months time. So all the posters who called him shite for months on end, can suddenly start posting threads asking if we 'missed a trick' with him.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he did well over there and ended up back in the Swiss NT, his career record is certainly very decent when you see it written down in that Swiss article above, just didn't suit our style/system too well or dare I say the 'unique' way Scottish football is played...

good luck to him, strange signing in that he never looked like fitting in our system.

Scored a few peaches, Poznan away being the one that sticks out for me.

Hope he does well and gets back in the Swiss squad.

At least we won't have to deal with the "Atomic" chronic patter any more. It's Ced the Ted! Always liked the big man, I'll keep an eye on YB results.

“Your Ced the Ted”

5eaf8eaa7734e962bd0ea385d647e69c.gif

Think it's a tad unfair on big Ced to say he wasn't good enough for us. He was never going to shift Alfie and the style we play didn't suit his so, all the best Cedric. Hope you do well at Young Boys (until we meet in Europe)

Good luck to him, another player whom I think the whole Rangers support was behind and wanted him to come good. He is a good player, but he just didn't seem to fit in over here.

Didn't quite work out for Cedric.
I thank him for his contribution to us and wish him all the very best in the rest of his career.

Hope the big man goes on to have a successful career. I still don’t think he’s as bad as some people made out, it just didn’t happen for him.

All the best big man.

It's a shame it never worked out for the big guy. He seemed a genuinely great guy and all round brilliant person.

I hope it works out for him and he rediscovers his St. Gallen form.

I can already tell how gutted I'll be for Sakala when we move him on. I can see it coming within the next 3 windows.

Happy for the big guy, just sincerely hope we use his wages wisely and buy a top drawer replacement that bangs in 25-30 goals a season.

A plain vanilla personality makes it hard to dislike the big fellah, but he has no discernable attributes as a player that might suggest he was ever capable of starting regularly for Rangers. It makes me wonder if he was signed purely on the evidence of his St Gallen statistics (surely not?).

In any event he tried his best and I hope he can achieve more career success and satisfaction back in his home league. Best of luck to him.

Glad to see him doing well. I wouldn't be surprised if he got another crack at the Bundesliga in a year or two.

Is Katic injured? It seems he hasn't made a single appearance for Zurich yet. They sit second bottom of the table having not won a game this season.

That’s great to hear. He’ll get plenty opportunities to score playing for YB in that league.

Just don't think he was suited to our style and had rotten luck with joining during a time where he wouldn't have a proper chance to integrate with his new team mates, then falling ill earlier in the year.

I did like him but I'm not fully convinced he ever fully grabbed his chance when he got one from the start.

A far better player than made out on here, some of the comments were ridiculous.
He wasn't a Switzerland pick for nothing (a national team many times better than the jaikies). Didn't work here but we do seem to strangle the life out players it seems.

Good player at that level but I don’t think he has the physical attributes to step up to the next level.

He is just not that difficult to play against. Not quick or strong or a good enough finisher to be a penalty box striker

Just don't think he was suited to our style and had rotten luck with joining during a time where he wouldn't have a proper chance to integrate with his new team mates, then falling ill earlier in the year.

I did like him but I'm not fully convinced he ever fully grabbed his chance when he got one from the start.

Correct.

He now plays in a front two instead of having to lead the line himself.

Reactions: cav
It’s like Cardoso, maybe he can flourish in his own country but showed no evidence of doing so in Scotland.

It’s like Cardoso, maybe he can flourish in his own country but showed no evidence of doing so in Scotland.

Any striker we've signed since Morelos has struggled (apart from Roofe when fit) as they're up against the best striker we've had since Jelavic.

Any striker we've signed since Morelos has struggled (apart from Roofe when fit) as they're up against the best striker we've had since Jelavic.

Well Colak isn’t doing too badly.
Everyone knew there was a decent player in Itten but we were well past the point he was ever going to flourish at Ibrox

Back