Celtc's racism problem, and the Scottish media and political silence

Have all those on social media asked both show racism the red card Scotland and NBM, why they have not commented on either the racism to both Glen and Alfie by Celtic fans or the anti-Protestant bigotry and sectarianism by them?

Again, please don't reply with.." they support the tramps".. I know this!

This is about gathering evidence to show what a one-sided bitter and twisted country this is and how the organizations that receive taxpayers' cash are not doing their jobs and fitting their charity status criteria. They are meant to be fighting racism and sectarianism for us ALL, not just for some of us in this country! If we want to get results, we ALL need to start putting the effort in and fighting back.

Twitter contacts

@NBMScotland

@SRtRCScotland

Just ask them why they have not made any comment with regards to the racism and anti-Protestant sectarianism on Sunday by Celtic fans?
Post the evidence of their behaviour

sectarianism
E-HwbpUXIAUAOaa

E-HojRJX0AIsFBL

E-Hws0VWEAgcQVH

Racism

E-HwGBKXEAIp2ta

Just all ask the same/similar questions
Can you please explain why your organization has not made any comment on the racism and anti-Protestant sectarianism and bigotry towards Rangers players and Protestants within this country?

Who was jumping up and down demanding statements here

Celtic and SFA slammed for failing to condemn racial abuse of Nir Bitton​

Celtic and the Scottish FA have both been heavily criticised by an anti-discrimination group for failing to condemn racial abuse directed at Nir Bitton in the wake of Saturday’s Old Firm clash.​

By Craig Fowler
Tuesday, 5th January 2021, 4:40 pm

Action Against Discrimination (AAD) called it “both deplorable and unacceptable” for neither organisation to come out against a tweet in which a supporter called the Israeli international a “Jew b******” among other anti-Semitic slurs following Celtic’s 1-0 defeat at Ibrox.
AAD chairman Jonathan Metliss said in a statement: "We are surprised that both Celtic FC and the Scottish Football Association have failed to condemn this behaviour.
Who was jumping up and down demanding statements here

Celtic and SFA slammed for failing to condemn racial abuse of Nir Bitton​

Celtic and the Scottish FA have both been heavily criticised by an anti-discrimination group for failing to condemn racial abuse directed at Nir Bitton in the wake of Saturday’s Old Firm clash.​

By Craig Fowler
Tuesday, 5th January 2021, 4:40 pm

Action Against Discrimination (AAD) called it “both deplorable and unacceptable” for neither organisation to come out against a tweet in which a supporter called the Israeli international a “Jew b******” among other anti-Semitic slurs following Celtic’s 1-0 defeat at Ibrox.
AAD chairman Jonathan Metliss said in a statement: "We are surprised that both Celtic FC and the Scottish Football Association have failed to condemn this behaviour.
Strangely we were not surprised at all.

Has anyone else bothered to even do one of the suggestions I asked above? This is all out attack on our club and support now and rather than just complain, we actually need to get together and take those attacking us to task and show them up for what they are.

We as taxpayers are paying for show racism the red card Scotland and NBM, so let's make them work and make them speak out against those that indulge in racism against us and our players and those that indulge in Anti-Protestant hate crimes...

I urge you all with social media to please do at least 1 thing.. cheers

Last edited:
Has anyone else bothered to even do one of the suggestions I asked above? This is all out attack on our club and support now and rather than just complain, we actually need to get together and take those attacking us to task and show them up for what they are.

We as taxpayers are paying for show racism the red card Scotland and NBM, so let's make them work and make them speak out against those that indulge in racism against us and our players and those that indulge in Anti-Protestant hate crimes...

I'll have a go at it but not really technically gifted with social media. I have copied your pics God knows where they have gone on my tablet. Silly old fud. Some instruction would help, explained clearly I will then email(?) Them.

I'll have a go at it but not really technically gifted with social media. I have copied your pics God knows where they have gone on my tablet. Silly old fud. Some instruction would help, explained clearly I will then email(?) Them.
And Police Scotland.

Well done and thank you for at the very least making the effort. I hope many others do the same

Lets not forget that Ian bankier gave a speech at the 2015 yahoo AGM calling his own fans "racists".

They've also banned a section of their own supporters from the ground not once but twice recent years for terrorist chanting and banners.

They've also hung effigies of Rangers fans from the stands of their ground and had a tifo's depicting the murder of Rangers fans and setting Ibrox on fire allowed into nonce park without that scum club saying one word about it.

But aye it's only a Rangers problem.
One of those effigies were decorated with Orange regalia, they were intended to depict Protestants being hung.

Surely there must be a way to get someone on tv to represent Rangers fans. When the likes of Haggerty and co are on they are unchallenged and say whatever they like. Surely if one of the guys from heart and hand or something could get on they would wipe the floor with them with facts and evidence instead of them being able to shut down debates because it suits them.

Nobody's telling anybody to go home .....they're just stating fact and asking a question ....racist...? If they hate all our British values then why are they here , even the real Irish despise them ...we know who the real racists are....
Why has that mutant got frown on his forehead.

A genuine discussion within Scottish political or media circles concerning racism or even sectarianism in Scottish society will never be allowed to take place as we know Celtc and their supporters are the worst and most obvious proponents of both racism and sectarianism. All the irrefutable evidence is there. This collective denial by Holyrood and the media is obvious. They'd rather just use Rangers supporters as a punchbag and project " racism " onto that one group of football fans.

those on socail media/twitter could ask both the Law Society of Scotland and her employers about this

I am both shocked and disgusted that a senior solicitor and Law Society of Scotland member would indulge in using language that has a clear tone of Anti Protestant hatred and bigotry. The Law Society and Burness Paul Solicitors should take action to deal with such clear bigoted comments made by Ms. Meikle

Always please be polite and don't use language that scores an own goal

We need to take our case to holyrood and protest or outside the SNP conference.
We need people to sit up and listen and therefore taking our message to the streets is the only answer.
I can understand no one one wanting to comment on the UBs song as that would leave them looking silly.
But if it proves to be fake I would expect an avalanche of calls for resignations.

What we have to accept is that in Scotland we have a racist element that is bigger and more entrenched than we like to think it is.

Some of the stuff we seen at the Euros about hating the English was absolutely awful yet was seen as socially tolerable if not quite acceptable. That is so wrong.

On top of that we have the West of Scotland problem which is very deeply entrenched on both sides. We have to accept is on both sides.

We have posters in here that put stuff on that clearly shows the scale and depth of the problem. Politicians know what the issues are but the solutions will cost votes so they will never be put into action.

The sad truth is all we can do just now is get our own house in order. If we think racism and sectarianism is wrong all we can do is banish it from our support as best we can.

If we are looking for political leadership in this we will be waiting a long time.

There needs to be a concerted effort to tackle this. I don't think the club will take a public stance on the matter, in terms of calling out others, but fan media and supporters in general should be spearheading this and calling it out wherever and whenever it occurs. Compile evidence and present it to anyone willing to do something about it. There must be someone out there, Murdo Fraser or the like, who will lead on this for a constituent, as Dornan or Yousaf would for one of them?

The agenda behind this is anti-Protestant hatred.

Well done to whoever put that together. One thing is clear, we need to fight this, their agenda is clear vilify us as a support and our club, ultimately I feel their end goal is getting the Orange Order off the streets. They have elected officials behind them too which makes the fight even harder for us, how we fight back, I don’t know the answer to that one.

Well done to whoever put that together. One thing is clear, we need to fight this, their agenda is clear vilify us as a support and our club, ultimately I feel their end goal is getting the Orange Order off the streets. They have elected officials behind them too which makes the fight even harder for us, how we fight back, I don’t know the answer to that one.
But fight we must. They're setting an agenda and that must not go unchallenged or we're in big big trouble.

But fight we must. They're setting an agenda and that must not go unchallenged or we're in big big trouble.
Precisely mate, for too long we as a support are guilty of treating them like noisy neighbours and taking the stiff upper lip approach, that has led us to where we find ourselves today with them being in positions that they can actually damage us.

Their child abuse trumps anything and everything else from anywhere.
They don't mind stirring the shit when Rangers are involved in incidents but they become blind , deaf and dumb when the subject of child abuse is mentioned , still it's only been kept under cover for about 50 years or more so that most witnesses will be dead and gone by the time any Scottish Papers find the balls to do what they are paid to do .

Precisely mate, for too long we as a support are guilty of treating them like noisy neighbours and taking the stiff upper lip approach, that has led us to where we find ourselves today with them being in positions that they can actually damage us.
That isn’t the root cause of our issue. The root cause is a significant number of our support voting SNP. This has resulted in our vilification as a symbol of unionism. In many ways we brought this in ourselves.

As to us as a support standing up for anything with any degree of unity forget that.

we can’t agree on what day of the week it is.

That isn’t the root cause of our issue. The root cause is a significant number of our support voting SNP. This has resulted in our vilification as a symbol of unionism. In many ways we brought this in ourselves.

As to us as a support standing up for anything with any degree of unity forget that.

we can’t agree on what day of the week it is.
I can agree with you though it seems, that’s all we need is a small amount of us who are on the same page and can see what is happening.
They don't mind stirring the shit when Rangers are involved in incidents but they become blind , deaf and dumb when the subject of child abuse is mentioned , still it's only been kept under cover for about 50 years or more so that most witnesses will be dead and gone by the time any Scottish Papers find the balls to do what they are paid to do .
it’s a bigger coverup than Roswell.

I am reading again the book ‘the Old Firm’ by Bill Murray. It was published in 1984. He sets the rise of both clubs in the historical context and I think gives a balanced look at how it all developed. Two quotes stuck out -

‘the real origin of sectarianism in Scottish football lay in the very formation of Celtic Football Club’

‘the Education Act of 1918 ( which set up the Denominational RC schools into being) has done so much to maintain sectarianism in the Scottish community ‘. Although he also adds that it has also been a means of stifling its more extreme manifestations.

How much longer are children in Scotland to be separated in their education?

I am reading again the book ‘the Old Firm’ by Bill Murray. It was published in 1984. He sets the rise of both clubs in the historical context and I think gives a balanced look at how it all developed. Two quotes stuck out -

‘the real origin of sectarianism in Scottish football lay in the very formation of Celtic Football Club’

‘the Education Act of 1918 ( which set up the Denominational RC schools into being) has done so much to maintain sectarianism in the Scottish community ‘. Although he also adds that it has also been a means of stifling its more extreme manifestations.

How much longer are children in Scotland to be separated in their education?
I point this out to the bog trotters often, only one team I’m Glasgow was founded on religious grounds and exclusion. The Gallant Pioneer book sets this out much better than I ever could in one of the early chapters.

Was just looking at the NBM twitter and they had the brass neck to post the comment below whilst totally ignoring all the examples they have been sent of the tramps anti protestant hatred and bigotry and racism.

So, could all those that have Twitter just please retweet the comments and question from Thegers and ask NBM why they have ignored Celtic fans' racism and bigotry over the weekend but , have found the need to only highlight one community of supporters?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I take it you&#39;re applying that to these examples of Celtic fans&#39; support of the IRA &amp; anti protestant hate crime and bigotry? If not, why not? There are plenty of examples of &quot;poison of hate&quot; from Celtic fans<a href="https://t.co/5DwrbOlFx5">https://t.co/5DwrbOlFx5</a><a href="https://t.co/lpPUCGMTNU">https://t.co/lpPUCGMTNU</a><a href="https://t.co/d5WLaTCpMb">https://t.co/d5WLaTCpMb</a> <a href="https://t.co/ONPKo5pTi4">pic.twitter.com/ONPKo5pTi4</a></p>&mdash; The Gers (@TheGers5) <a href=" ">September 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Was just looking at the NBM twitter and they had the brass neck to post the comment below whilst totally ignoring all the examples they have been sent of the tramps anti protestant hatred and bigotry and racism.

So, could all those that have Twitter just please retweet the comments and question from Thegers and ask NBM why they have ignored Celtic fans' racism and bigotry over the weekend but , have found the need to only highlight one community of supporters?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I take it you&#39;re applying that to these examples of Celtic fans&#39; support of the IRA &amp; anti protestant hate crime and bigotry? If not, why not? There are plenty of examples of &quot;poison of hate&quot; from Celtic fans<a href="https://t.co/5DwrbOlFx5">https://t.co/5DwrbOlFx5</a><a href="https://t.co/lpPUCGMTNU">https://t.co/lpPUCGMTNU</a><a href="https://t.co/d5WLaTCpMb">https://t.co/d5WLaTCpMb</a> <a href="https://t.co/ONPKo5pTi4">pic.twitter.com/ONPKo5pTi4</a></p>&mdash; The Gers (@TheGers5) <a href=" ">September 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Clear example here of one of the problems with Twitter. All the posts agreeing with NBM's comment appear immediately below the post. Those criticising and pointing out NBM's bias are filtered and buried under the "More Replies" heading. Twitter does this all the time with political posts. Makes one side's commentary seem more valid than the other.

This doesn't necessarily always work against us. For example, Celtic fans posting in response to Rangers' Twitter might also get filtered under "More Replies." But I think there's a general trend towards boosting and enabling the agenda of the likes of Call It Out and NBM, or elevating SNP arguments above unionist ones.

Clear example here of one of the problems with Twitter. All the posts agreeing with NBM's comment appear immediately below the post. Those criticising and pointing out NBM's bias are filtered and buried under the "More Replies" heading. Twitter does this all the time with political posts. Makes one side's commentary seem more valid than the other.

This doesn't necessarily always work against us. For example, Celtic fans posting in response to Rangers' Twitter might also get filtered under "More Replies." But I think there's a general trend towards boosting and enabling the agenda of the likes of Call It Out and NBM, or elevating SNP arguments above unionist ones.

@NBMScotland

I find it very infuriating and annoying that they are publicly funded and clearly do not care about anti-Protestant hate crime. That's why I am strongly urging EVERYONE with Twitter please pick them up on their abject failure to condemn Celtic fans for their anti-Protestant hate and sectarian bigotry

Doing a bit of research into my family history, originally from Ireland, came over here due to the potato famine I believe.
Irish researcher on find my past website gives interesting incite to the Irish and misconceptions. The main being that Ireland was a Catholic country at the time of the famine. Actually 38% of the population was non catholic which is a fairly large percentage.
Also large parts of Ireland prior to the potato blight was extremely impoverished, and that Dublin was the second largest city in Britain at that time, and was extremely prosperous.
The Irish people were mostly made up of Vikings, Anglo Saxons, a huge proportion of English and Scots.
Did my DNA on Ancestry although born and raised in Scotland the largest proportion of my DNA comes from Ireland. Did my wife’s recently she’s from Northern Ireland, and her DNA profile is mostly Scottish.
If half of the plastics did that they would probably find out they were actually English or Scottish.

those on socail media/twitter could ask both the Law Society of Scotland and her employers about this

I am both shocked and disgusted that a senior solicitor and Law Society of Scotland member would indulge in using language that has a clear tone of Anti Protestant hatred and bigotry. The Law Society and Burness Paul Solicitors should take action to deal with such clear bigoted comments made by Ms. Meikle

Wouldn’t it be tragic if her own past sectarianism landed her in hot water. We shouldn’t be standing for her being allowed back on Sky Sports for any pieces on the bog trotters.

i wasn’t aware it was a solicitor, this confirmed? If so this is definitely a path we should be taking. Wasn’t there a lawyer a couple years back who got booted out the society for a DOB laden rant?

Wouldn’t it be tragic if her own past sectarianism landed her in hot water. We shouldn’t be standing for her being allowed back on Sky Sports for any pieces on the bog trotters.

i wasn’t aware it was a solicitor, this confirmed? If so this is definitely a path we should be taking. Wasn’t there a lawyer a couple years back who got booted out the society for a DOB laden rant?
she is a senior solicitor with Edinburgh firm Burness Paull , her specialty is employment law.

@NBMScotland

I find it very infuriating and annoying that they are publicly funded and clearly do not care about anti-Protestant hate crime. That's why I am strongly urging EVERYONE with Twitter please pick them up on their abject failure to condemn Celtic fans for their anti-Protestant hate and sectarian bigotry
Can I please ask those on Twitter to question NBM as to their silence on the anti protestant hatred and racism aimed at our players and support from Celtic fans .. We MUST speak up and take them to task because if we don't keep putting them under the spotlight they will keep coming and coming and coming for us!

WER MUST STAND TOGETHER ON THIS and always be polite!!

Back