Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The optimist in me says it's taking a couple of days to sort and that's why we're seeing this and it means potentially there's finally progress.

Of course it could also just be delays in the court and it could be further postponed which I really hope not.

That's all just speculation I appreciate, but hopefully we'll have encouraging news by the end of the week.

Well it is not like the media to fail to report from courts is it? I am hoping no news may lead to good news
Yeah they were quick to splash tav being in court but there is a media blackout once again over this. It’s just mental that this isn’t the biggest story over every media outlet in Scotland and the uk. Can you imagine if it was us?

Is this just because the courts are busy?
The honest answer is we simply don’t know and neither do our contacts within the press.
It could simply be that it’s delayed, or it could be medical staff giving their input.
As soon as we know then we’ll put it up on Spotlight if we can. If we can’t then we’ll say that we can’t.
It’s all very strange.
What we do know is our latest evidence is with the legal team. As soon as we can show this then we will. In the meantime we just sit tight and wait.

The honest answer is we simply don’t know and neither do our contacts within the press.
It could simply be that it’s delayed, or it could be medical staff giving their input.
As soon as we know then we’ll put it up on Spotlight if we can. If we can’t then we’ll say that we can’t.
It’s all very strange.
What we do know is our latest evidence is with the legal team. As soon as we can show this then we will. In the meantime we just sit tight and wait.
Thanks for the reply ! I just find the justice system in this country is like a closed shop and they seem too think they can do as they like and take as long as they like

Yeah they were quick to splash tav being in court but there is a media blackout once again over this. It’s just mental that this isn’t the biggest story over every media outlet in Scotland and the uk. Can you imagine if it was us?
There could be a reason why we’re not hearing anything. Let me say this again. Not all journalists in Scotland are apologists. Many are of course, but not all. Some are definitely following this very closely. We can also say that it’s being closely followed by journalists not only on these shores. We won’t say where at the moment, but we can assure you that it’s being closely followed where abuse took place on foreign shores.

Thanks for the reply ! I just find the justice system in this country is like a closed shop and they seem too think they can do as they like and take as long as they like
We share the frustration. The delays in this case is actually disgusting. No thought for the victims whatsoever.
The claim that this individual cannot attend court in our opinion is ludicrous. We can say this because of what we’ve seen. Spotlight don’t just sit behind a keyboard.
To gather evidence means you need feet on the ground. Then we pass this evidence to the appropriate authorities.

First of all let me say that all the information I have on this comes from FollowFollow and Twitter. Like all right minded people I support the victims of all sexual crimes.
One thing I have noticed is the SNP being targeted, now this may be justifiable as I’m no expert in Scottish law. Could it be the government is waiting for these trials to conclude?
The statement below is ridiculous and can only harm the cause, most sexual crimes are by straight people, bringing in a politicians sexual orientation is completely wrong.

Never communicated with this in any way, ever. Despite that, this SNP MP @MrJohnNicolson has decided he has no interest in any fight for justice for victims of paedos. I doubt it has anything to do with his claim that the SNP benches at Westminster are the gayest in the world?

The whole thing stinks keep delaying more money to pay lawyers. Wonder who is covering the fcuk s costs.
Next date is January which at least isn't that far away - suspect the next delay will be that this assessment hasn't been completed, not ready, not possible due to Covid blah blah.

Back