Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The victims/complainers should be insisting the Crown askfor an Examination of Facts in place of the trial.. If the defence are saying Cairney isn't fit to stand trial then that way he isn't in court but the witnesses still get to give evidence. They are obviously waiting for him to die before they produce the report saying he isn't fit. Disgusting.

Exactly this.

It's not rocket science.

If you'd been raised in schools/religions/sporting clubs where every man and his dog knew what was happening... Then you got older and realised you wanted to do the same thing... And you couldn't control your urges... What would you become?

The most obvious choice is a Catholic priest. Sporting institutions where you can make or break a childs dreams would be an other obvious place to carry out such horrific crimes.

What always baffles me is how much their community sticks up for their priests and football coaches. They were abusing the children of their community and everyone knows it, including their employers (who re-employed known abusers). How can mothers for instance, including those of abused children, want to keep quiet to protect the "good name" of the club/church?

Absolutely bewildering. Complete and utter scum.
Well they have the cast iron guarantee they will be protected from the law when caught.
Protected by an organisation with all the political power and influence required to ensure you will never see the inside of a jail cell, but there's more.

That same organisation have such a vice like grip over the minds of their flock I'd wager less than 5% are ever willing to pursue their complaints outside the church itself.

The facts are that the majority of crimes in the Vatican are thefts of tourists' belongings. They are almost always performed by non-Vatican citizens. It's really that simple. Facts on this thread should be correct.

I’ve been reliably informed that certain posters are trying to derail the thread. Please don’t engage and use the report button.
Apologists come in many forms as the majority of you well know. Please don’t fall for it. It’s what they want.

@dapper dado - you're needing to start a petty-crime/pick-pocket thread.

@dapper dado - you're needing to start a pick pocket thread.
You posted a meme about crime rates in the Vatican. I responded to a poster asking what the top 10 crimes are in the vatican with facts. I don't quite get your point.

If it doesn't fit in with what you are alluding to then fine.

To say the Catholic Church has a massive problem with paedophiles is an understatement. The global systematic cover up has been exposed as going right to the top. It is an abomination, it puts its priests and its 'good name' ahead of children and their welfare. The full story has been suppressed over the decades, of that there is no doubt.

End of the day, I responded to a question with a factual answer. Facts are what this thread is built upon. Best that anything posted is correct and not hearsay or supposition.

You posted a meme about crime rates in the Vatican. I responded to a poster asking what the top 10 crimes are in the vatican with facts. I don't quite get your point.

If it doesn't fit in with what you are alluding to then fine.

To say the Catholic Church has a massive problem with paedophiles is an understatement. The global systematic cover up has been exposed as going right to the top. It is an abomination, it puts its priests and its 'good name' ahead of children and their welfare. The full story has been suppressed over the decades, of that there is no doubt.

End of the day, I responded to a question with a factual answer. Facts are what this thread is built upon. Best that anything posted is correct and not hearsay or supposition.
With all due respect this thread is nothing to do with the crime rate in Paedo Control.

It's all about the victims and that bastard football entity.

With all due respect this thread is nothing to do with the crime rate in Paedo Control.

It's all about the victims and that bastard football entity.
I didn't post first. I responded with a factual answer that should have shut down any discussion on the vatican. This is getting derailed by a nonsense meme by another poster. This should be the last post on the matter and the thread can get back on track.

@BN94

How could they push the belief that they were a separate entity - if they were separate then their former club captain, manager and club ambassador; Billy McNeil, wouldn't have known that paedophilia was "an open secret at parkhead".
Its well documented CFC officially brought CBC into the rancid "sellik family" around 1970.

It is also well documented CFC were aware of abuse within their boys club for years before they claim only finding out in the 1990's.

Last edited:
The replies by their rancid supporters are a fcuking disgrace attacking a victim of abuse who only wants justice. The cry for sporting integrity was spewing from there mouths in 2012 what about human morals. Their fcuking slogan "we never stop" they should really finish it "we never stop hiding pedophiles".

The replies by their rancid supporters are a fcuking disgrace attacking a victim of abuse who only wants justice. The cry for sporting integrity was spewing from there mouths in 2012 what about human morals. Their fcuking slogan "we never stop" they should really finish it "we never stop hiding pedophiles".

When an abuser was forced to resign in shame you would think he was finished in football?

When you re-hire that same man who they all knew fine well was an abuser you deserve everything coming your way.

When an abuser was forced to resign in shame you would think he was finished in football?

When you re-hire that same man who they all knew fine well was an abuser you deserve everything coming your way.
We hope the victims get justice but they cants are like Teflon fcuk all sticks.

We hope the victims get justice but they cants are like Teflon fcuk all sticks.
Hiding behind corrupt justice system and powerful fcuks who manipulate that system. Money talks and these low life are always working ways to avoid punishment. If Authorities had any gumption about them an example will be made of one of the prominent members of this ring that would hopefully begin the downfall and uncover all the scum that lurk in the this darkness

This is one of several aspects of the case that marks Celtic out as, indeed, a club like no other. It knowingly rehired a paedophile.

The reasons why are likely to be sinister, though may never be revealed and thus only speculated upon. Whatever they might be, the very fact of a paedophile's re-employment ought to shame not only the club but also those who claim, disengenuously, that CSA was Scottish football's problem. In so doing, they're deliberately declining to focus on where the problem was manifest most.

Is there any other sporting institution anywhere else in the world which has done this?

Hiding behind corrupt justice system and powerful fcuks who manipulate that system. Money talks and these low life are always working ways to avoid punishment. If Authorities had any gumption about them an example will be made of one of the prominent members of this ring that would hopefully begin the downfall and uncover all the scum that lurk in the this darkness
Or if the government and justice system actually gave a fcuk they would come down on all the guilty peado protectors with all the might they came at Saville and all the other high profile abusers

The victims/complainers should be insisting the Crown askfor an Examination of Facts in place of the trial.. If the defence are saying Cairney isn't fit to stand trial then that way he isn't in court but the witnesses still get to give evidence. They are obviously waiting for him to die before they produce the report saying he isn't fit. Disgusting.
Only his defence say he’s not fit to attend court. Stay tuned.

9lDo49a.jpeg
I hate twisted nonsense like this. Nearly every single offence is petty crime like pickpocketing and almost exclusively on tourists. There’s plenty enough reason to be pointing the finger at the Catholic Church without this stuff that makes us look stupid.

There’s a long list of people who knew. One of them is a hero their fans adore. We’ll show what he knew.
Let me say something else to others that have recently joined this thread..

You will see Spotlight stating facts on what we know but we can’t show. The reason for this is we have hard evidence that we pass to the correct legal teams. We know that our evidence has, and will be used in future cases.
Spotlight will one day release everything. We will show how we gathered evidence.
The apologists call us bigots and keyboard warriors. Keyboard warriors can gather a lot of evidence, but feet on the ground has gathered more. As for bigots? Nothing could be further from the truth.
We can’t control this farce of a justice system, but one day we will show everything and nobody will stop us.
In the meantime patience is required. Also spare a thought for the hell the victims and families are going through. They don’t need negativity from some who occasionally visit this thread with their uneducated personal views. Before you post I suggest you follow Spotlight on Facebook or Twitter.
Help us spread the word of Scotland’s shame.
Separate entity they claim? Sickening.

There’s a long list of people who knew. One of them is a hero their fans adore. We’ll show what he knew.

You will see Spotlight stating facts on what we know but we can’t show. The reason for this is we have hard evidence that we pass to the correct legal teams. We know that our evidence has, and will be used in future cases.
Spotlight will one day release everything. We will show how we gathered evidence.
The apologists call us bigots and keyboard warriors. Keyboard warriors can gather a lot of evidence, but feet on the ground has gathered more. As for bigots? Nothing could be further from the truth.
We can’t control this farce of a justice system, but one day we will show everything and nobody will stop us.
In the meantime patience is required. Also spare a thought for the hell the victims and families are going through. They don’t need negativity from some who occasionally visit this thread with their uneducated personal views. Before you post I suggest you follow Spotlight on Facebook or Twitter.
The work and support that Spotlight have provided must be invaluable to the victim’s.
That is more important than providing information that as you say will be used in court to hopefully bring justice and closure to the victims.
To me the sad part is that CFC or the individuals involved cannot show some compassion and remorse.

Contrition and remorse is not on the agenda as far as this institution is concerned, the victims are of no concern, the self centred separate entity organisation is only interested in one thing themselves. Too many have their head in the trough, protecting their interests at all costs, they will not willingly admit any liability or wrongdoing.
Generations of young people severely affected and injured by the shameless conduct of individuals directly involved with Celtic FC.
There arrogance and contempt for the law is astounding, they think they are above the law . Self policing, internal investigations? Just who do they think they are ?
And who do they think there kidding.

The many many victims are still waiting, they deserve so much more from the authorities, governing bodies and government departments, Scotlands shame.

Contrition and remorse is not on the agenda as far as this institution is concerned, the victims are of no concern, the self centred separate entity organisation is only interested in one thing themselves. Too many have their head in the trough, protecting their interests at all costs, they will not willingly admit any liability or wrongdoing.
Generations of young people severely affected and injured by the shameless conduct of individuals directly involved with Celtic FC.
There arrogance and contempt for the law is astounding, they think they are above the law . Self policing, internal investigations? Just who do they think they are ?
And who do they think there kidding.

The many many victims are still waiting, they deserve so much more from the authorities, governing bodies and government departments, Scotlands shame.

They are involved in this cover up to various degrees. A disgusting cesspit of people with no morals, principles, and a lack of empathy for those who have suffered from the most abhorrent of crimes.

I have followed and commented on this thread since page one as you know.

Obviously you will know more than most now to what was going on and more power to you i look forward to reading your findings one day.

Nothing i have said on this thread is malicious, false or even "uneducated" .

My knowledge of the case is i admit limited but like as you say...We only deal in facts..and i think even amongst the most bitter of them its beginning to sink in as the facts given simply cannot be refuted.

All the best to you and the Spotlight team

BB

The success with their fluke cup win lasted just over two months when they were pumped home and away in the preliminary round the next season.

There is one individual that has continually handed out abuse to victims and their families.
All I’ll say at the moment is this vile individual has been tracked down.

The work and support that Spotlight have provided must be invaluable to the victim’s.
That is more important than providing information that as you say will be used in court to hopefully bring justice and closure to the victims.
To me the sad part is that CFC or the individuals involved cannot show some compassion and remorse.
That club will fight till the end. This is why you will see no sympathy towards the victims from the club’s supporters.
Some of them still deny all this ever happened.
Spotlight will track down every beast connected to that club and hand our evidence to the authorities.
Unfortunately the justice system is a complete mess in Scotland, and the SNP want nothing more than for this to be buried. Spotlight will not be silenced.

We know more. We have documents in our possession.
I really hope that horrible club, the perpetrators of those despicable crimes and those who have tried to cover the crimes up for decades are brought to justice. Furthermore, I hope the full weight of the law and more is brought upon them all and that their horrible deeds are made known across the whole world. They need to be hammered for all they have done and subsequently tried to cover up. Time is surely up for them. Tik Tok Timmy.

Exactly this.

It's not rocket science.

If you'd been raised in schools/religions/sporting clubs where every man and his dog knew what was happening... Then you got older and realised you wanted to do the same thing... And you couldn't control your urges... What would you become?

The most obvious choice is a Catholic priest. Sporting institutions where you can make or break a childs dreams would be an other obvious place to carry out such horrific crimes.

What always baffles me is how much their community sticks up for their priests and football coaches. They were abusing the children of their community and everyone knows it, including their employers (who re-employed known abusers). How can mothers for instance, including those of abused children, want to keep quiet to protect the "good name" of the club/church?

Absolutely bewildering. Complete and utter scum.
I think they stick up for their behaviour coz if they don't they will be set upon by their own and seen as traitors

I really hope that horrible club, the perpetrators of those despicable crimes and those who have tried to cover the crimes up for decades are brought to justice. Furthermore, I hope the full weight of the law and more is brought upon them all and that their horrible deeds are made known across the whole world. They need to be hammered for all they have done and subsequently tried to cover up. Time is surely up for them. Tik Tok Timmy.
A full independent inquiry is what’s required here. This should include the police, past and present Scottish government officials, ex-players and coaches, the list goes on.
There are individuals in the above who knew. An inquiry is the only answer.

That club will fight till the end. This is why you will see no sympathy towards the victims from the club’s supporters.
Some of them still deny all this ever happened.
Spotlight will track down every beast connected to that club and hand our evidence to the authorities.
Unfortunately the justice system is a complete mess in Scotland, and the SNP want nothing more than for this to be buried. Spotlight will not be silenced.
Do you think there is a concerted effort by ‘ minded ‘ people in the legal profession and judiciary to deliberately stall and delay court proceedings with a view to eventually ensure that these trials never take place ?

Honestly these corrupt bastards would put the cosa nostra to shame with the secrecy surrounding this and the press blackout

There is one individual that has continually handed out abuse to victims and their families.
All I’ll say at the moment is this vile individual has been tracked down.
I’m taking it that this will be a new name outwith the current bunch of evil bastards ?

A full independent inquiry is what’s required here. This should include the police, past and present Scottish government officials, ex-players and coaches, the list goes on.
There are individuals in the above who knew. An inquiry is the only answer.
Couldn't agree more. A full independent inquiry needs to be conducted on this. There are far too many questions that remain unanswered. Not least, why the SNP controlled Scottish Government elected to omit "religious and sporting institutions" from their inquiry into historic child abuse in Scotland. The reason they gave for this at the time was that if they included "religious and sporting institutions" then the inquiry would take too long. A very poor excuse for that omission and a complete whitewash of the truth of the matter.

Honestly these corrupt bastards would put the cosa nostra to shame with the secrecy surrounding this and the press blackout
That CSA took place at Celtic Boys Club, which Celtic Football Club in effect ran whatever the legal technicalities of the relationship between the two, is a matter of fact and, therefore, undeniable by anyone sentinent. That there is no contrition, no apology and no recompense to victims from Celtic is, indeed, shameful, as is the silence in Scottish football and government about what, surely, is one of the game's and country's biggest scandals.

If the class action succeeds, and other victims might get justice, it will be in large measure due to the Spotlight being shone on the dirty secrets of perpetrators, enablers and protectors.

BN94 and his team may lack the resources that those who they're up against have, but they have the moral high ground. Celtic, and their supporters, will never be able to claim that.

Couldn't agree more. A full independent inquiry needs to be conducted on this. There are far too many questions that remain unanswered. Not least, why the SNP controlled Scottish Government elected to omit "religious and sporting institutions" from their inquiry into historic child abuse in Scotland. The reason they gave for this at the time was that if they included "religious and sporting institutions" then the inquiry would take too long. A very poor excuse for that omission and a complete whitewash of the truth of the matter.

And then the SFA cover up that was meant to be this shortfall being dealt with BN.

Aye, they did the exact opposite of what the should have done - postpone the small investigation and put full focus on the huge elephant.

We all know why they abstained from that though!

That CSA took place at Celtic Boys Club, which Celtic Football Club in effect ran whatever the legal technicalities of the relationship between the two, is a matter of fact and, therefore, undeniable by anyone sentinent. That there is no contrition, no apology and no recompense to victims from Celtic is, indeed, shameful, as is the silence in Scottish football and government about what, surely, is one of the game's and country's biggest scandals.

If the class action succeeds, and other victims might get justice, it will be in large measure due to the Spotlight being shone on the dirty secrets of perpetrators, enablers and protectors.

BN94 and his team may lack the resources that those who they're up against have, but they have the moral high ground. Celtic, and their supporters, will never be able to claim that.

This not about taking any moral high ground ..its about doing whats right and what should have been done a long time ago.

Back