Club 1872 AGM - 7 people attended?

What relevance does the NDA have to the Castore arrangement?

1.43 into the video of part 1.

So Rev McQuarrie outed the board of C1872 for going behind the Rangers board back and contacting Castore directly regarding matters of contracts, despite it being an off the record and not to be mentioned conversation and Rangers want NDA’s signed so that information can’t be discussed again.

There was a massive thread by Suck regard the Rev’s concerns and fears about C1872.

Edit: I’ve found the thread link below.

Last edited:
Tbh Andy did well considering it’s old ground that he is again going over with the same people that are dragging the organisation into the ground with their ego and blazer chasing ambition.

Everyone in charge of the organisation needs to leave, a temporary board has to be put in charge until a new voted and fit for purpose board is created.

So Rev McQuarrie outed the board of C1872 for going behind the Rangers board back and contacting Castore directly regarding matters of contracts, despite it being an off the record and not to be mentioned conversation and Rangers want NDA’s signed so that information can’t be discussed again.

There was a massive thread by Suck regard the Rev’s concerns and fears about C1872.

As club1872 are a large shareholder, shouldn't they be allowed to know the details of contracts

NDA's signed so a body set up to hold all Rangers board of directors to account are never allowed to hold those board of directors to account, no thanks.

Club 1872 is a disgrace.

Its no longer about the members / contributors. The constitutional changes farcical.

20 proposers to get considered for election is laughable.

Expel people who disagree with them. Complete egotistical.

No one cares.

Well done Chris Graham, Fawkes and the rest of them. Fucking balloons

I have put thousands of pounds, like thousands of other people, into C1872 but no longer contribute so no longer a member.

The whole C1872 set up is wrong and needs overhauled and a new board elected.

Why would anyone still be contributing?

C1872 in its current form is an example of how not to do things.

Having been, in the past, a strong supporter of C1872, I am now firmly in the ‘needs to reform’ camp. This is a very sad state of affairs.

The problem seems to be that the current C1872 have a legally watertight, self elected board and hence the perpetuity of its existence.

What can be done?
The reason to still contribute is that you can still vote. The people in charge ,if they have Rangers at heart , should organise new elections,stand down themselves and let new blood in. They have failed and it is really time for a change.

NDA's signed so a body set up to hold all Rangers board of directors to account are never allowed to hold those board of directors to account, no thanks.
Could they not do that privately? Like fellow directors do to each other if they are subject to an NDA? Because what you are presumably suggesting is releasing commercially sensitive info to all C1872 members (and therefore the world)?

Could they not do that privately? Like fellow directors do to each other if they are subject to an NDA? Because what you are presumably suggesting is releasing commercially sensitive info to all C1872 members (and therefore the world)?
C1872 is a fans organisation though

Club1872 will never be a success whilst the current board members are involved and their egos are preventing it from being the fan vehicle it could be

Its a wee vanity project for a small group of 4 or 5 that are chasing their dream of a seat in the directors box at Ibrox, and they’re making decisions to improve their own position rather than for the greater good of Club1872
I will never donate 1 more penny into it until those board members are gone, particularly Laura and Claire
I’m not sure our fanbase can have a supporters group without it ending up with the same issues as club1872 has. Everyone will say it won’t end up a vanity project or blazer chasers but every single group ends up that way because it’s human nature to want power, influence etc . If a new one was stated tomorrow a year or 2 down the line the same thing would occur . I don’t know if a functioning fan group is actual a reality

Can you remind me when this was promised because I must have missed it. 2015 was the last time I heard promises being made.
It was made when we ousted the spivs

Does it change from 2015 2025 2050?

It's the same people

the state of affairs really saddens me. a would never have thought dave king would ever receive the amount of stick hes getting after what he did for our club. as a support even if club 1872 changed all directors it would still get loads of stick. as a support we never seem to unite in anything we do.

And do what with the shares they hold? Not quite as simple. Certainly needs a root and branch reform and new personalities at the helm. As stated in the videos, they've become inextricably linked to King, who has his own issues with the Club Board. Will never succeed whilst at odds with the Club and that won't come without movement on their part.

From this clip some guy says there were only 7 people in attendance?!

Also as a lapsed contributor I agree with his points, something needs to change.

Part 1

Part 2
What we got here is failure to attendicate.

What a shambles Club 1872 became. Filled at the top level by self-serving blazer chasers who allowed themselves to be bought and paid for.

No wonder the wider Rangers support can’t place any trust in them.

Needs a full clearout and a fresh start.
See these Blazer chasers? How many actually got tailored up?

I don't think there's been one.

How can we change things at board level when no one is willing to put themselves forward for election anymore? Look at the stick everyone involved has got since Stewart Robertson and his puppets tried to make a change. Who'd want to volunteer for that shit.

Elections the proper way should have been the correct course of action, always.
Maybe if they didn't expel professionals that were willing to help in the short term, sort it out, and have free elections where no one was barred from standing it might help, then making up lies to try and get one of them jailed and we come to the disgusting way they treated a well respected
Church of Scotland Minister who has more respect than the rest of them put together who only wanted what was best for the Members ( sorry, contributors since they decided they were going to be the Members with the ultimate vote.
Why don't they publish how many people vote and not %, we all know the reasons
Then you have the farce with DK shares
The only way is for them all to resign and allow a free, fair, and democratic Board to be appointed for a set amount of time and make sure this nonsense can never happen again
They have destroyed Club 1872, a really good idea taken hostage by incompetent individuals chasing Blazers being controlled by people not elected to the Board

Chris Graham who funnily enough is at C1872 and Craig Houston thought his was more of a high viz than blazer.
I've never met Chris Graham. If he thinks, or thought he should be a decision maker, then that's on him. I couldn't say.

I've met Craig Houston a few times in passing back in the day. I never thought, or got the impression at any time, that he had ideas of gandeur, as in I should be part of the next board.

Now we all know, as a gesture, the victorious board after 6/3/2015 invited a few individuals into the Directors' Box for their unstinting work in the dark days before we got our club back.

But what I thought about that gesture back then is the same as I think now. It was an acknowledgement to some guys who put their head above the parapet more than most.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Tbh Andy did well considering it’s old ground that he is again going over with the same people that are dragging the organisation into the ground with their ego and blazer chasing ambition.

Everyone in charge of the organisation needs to leave, a temporary board has to be put in charge until a new voted and fit for purpose board is created.
That was tried, they phoned the Polis

as i said before, who are these people?
do they run supporters clubs?
what are their rangers supporting credentials?
where did they appear from?

I have put thousands of pounds, like thousands of other people, into C1872 but no longer contribute so no longer a member.

The whole C1872 set up is wrong and needs overhauled and a new board elected.

Why would anyone still be contributing?

C1872 in its current form is an example of how not to do things.

Having been, in the past, a strong supporter of C1872, I am now firmly in the ‘needs to reform’ camp. This is a very sad state of affairs.

The problem seems to be that the current C1872 have a legally watertight, self elected board and hence the perpetuity of its existence.

What can be done?
Bang on. Me too.

Good on Andy for giving a %^*& enough to go. For what it's worth he's spot on and they are viewed as Kings puppets.

If they actually wanted what's best they'd step aside and let good people with fresh ideas in.

I'm sick fed up of the same people bickering in a power struggle.

That was tried, they phoned the Polis

To be fair mate I think it needs someone totally fresh and with a clean slate if they change things and I'm not sure that's you.

I hope you don't take that personally as I'm sure you had best intentions. For context I'm a subscriber to H&H and love Davie Edgar but I'd say the same about him being involved as well.

The challenge to the rest of us is to do something about it. Talking on here achieves nothing, I’m afraid. The only way is to get new directors on the board. That will take some planning involving people who still contribute.

This board promised transparency.have we had that I'm not so sure

Who has Dave King character assassined?
The bailing out is a red heron as they were paid in shares or loans
I think you might’ve mixed up your birds and your fish!! !

Dave King made a grave error by choosing club 1872 to be the vehicle to sell his shares.
I would love to have bought some of the king shares, but would only have done so if I could have held them in my own name, so that I could pass them on to family when I go.
I would have been happy to enter into a proxy agreement to allow my shares to be block voted by an organization like club 1872, but there is no way I would have allowed the shares to be effectively owned by club 1872 or anyone else for that matter.
The other mistake in this instance is that in effect, Dave King probably still wanted to exercise control over his block of shares after he sold them.

I have nothing but respect for Mr. King, but he and the board have clearly got a problem with each other, that’s not going to be resolved anytime soon.

The question I ask now, is what is he going to do with those shares as be is clearly not going to sell them through club 1872.

I also would like to know what club 1872 plans to do going forward as they have no relationship with the board either.
However, they have a significant amount of shares and money that has been given to them by fans to act in the best interest of the football club.

To be fair mate I think it needs someone totally fresh and with a clean slate if they change things and I'm not sure that's you.

I hope you don't take that personally as I'm sure you had best intentions. For context I'm a subscriber to H&H and love Davie Edgar but I'd say the same about him being involved as well.
None of us wanted to be involved, the four guys would have been perfect, and my role would have been to be a non-voting chairman while they sorted all the legalities out ( I know my limits )
I am too divisive to be in a fan group, or if you prefer too big in the mouth.
If I am asked a question, I would give an honest answer.
People always say they like honesty until you are being honest about them
To be clear I have never stood for an election for any fan group and I couldn't imagine any reason that I would want to change that.

Last edited:
Back