Do Some Fans Expect Us To Be Challenging?

Yes, I expect us to be challenging.
With that I'm looking for:
•Improved performances
•Higher points total(reducing the gap between us and that shower)
•Letting those bassas know they've been in a game every time we play them.
Got a feeling once again I've been hoping/wishing for too much.

Yes, I think we should be challenging.

The acid test is next week [mentioned this on another thread] - this should be an indication of where we are.

Yes, I think we should be challenging.

The acid test is next week [mentioned this on another thread] - this should be an indication of where we are.

Would you expect Everton to challenge Man City/Chelsea for the league?

That's what we're dealing with here in terms of financial disparity and overall quality of the playing squads.

People think we should automatically compete 'because we're Rangers'.

I still think there is much improvement still to come,I don't think Pedro will be resting on any laurels,I think the only way is up and I for one are quite positive ,considering where we were.

That's what we're dealing with here in terms of financial disparity and overall quality of the playing squads.

Yes - most definitely - If you look at Everton last year - they pumped and played city off the park.
Not had the best starts this season - granted.

For me, it's all about getting the mentality in line, confidence will grow and with 50,000 behind you every home game, the team will prosper.

Do we really? With where we've been and what we have been through do we really expect to be challenging?

Yes I expect us to be but the board have a made a monumental fcuk up in the appointment of Pedro.

Far to much respect is given to what is nothing more than a slightly above average bheast team.

If we hadn't dropped needless points to Hibs (reffing issues aside), Hearts and Thistle then the table would look completely different.

Our incompetence flatters them and it's fcuking infuriating!!!!

Damm new board, made a lady's front bottom of trying to reply to posts and not for the 1st time:(

So where have all the folk been that have come out the woodwork in the last 12 hours? No sign of them when we’re playing good football and getting good results, but as soon as we drop points they re-emerge to tell us all they knew we were shite all along.

It’s not a case of disagreeing. It’s actual gloating and it’s an embarrassment.

The only embarrassment is you for coming up with that pish, I've read a few threads on here today and not seen any gloating.

This is very true, points will be dropped from time to time. We have improved from the warburton time and will contest with dolly for 2nd this season. I'm sure we will be able to give the unwashed a challenge next season with the same improvement.

Dropping points in 3 from 6 games is hardly "from time to time" it's criminal. Even in 2 of the games we won, and leading at half time, we've been woeful in the 2nd half.

I don't see any improvement on the pitch from last season.

If Everton had a much bigger budget than the rest of the teams outwith Man City/Chelsea i'd agree with your comparison however they dont and we should be doing much better against the diddy teams than we are.

Aberdeen lost3 key players during the summer, replaced them on a shoe string and look every bit as strong as last year, we have spend a fair few million and look no better than last year.

Some expected us to be challenging the 1st season back up.

Sadly the last few years drama has not give any kind of reality check to a section of our support.
It will take time and patience, neither of which our fans have in abundence, before we're genuinely in a position to be title contenders.

I expect us to be beating every team at Ibrox. I expect us to get a result all away grounds with the exception of the piggery. That would probably see us challenging.

With the money we have spent and the fixtures we have played we should be breathing down their kneck and aiming to overtake them next week. Instead we are struggling to keep the pace.

I don't expect us to be challenging the scum this early into our journey but I do expect us to be better than all the rest.

Personally I hoped we would have assembled a team that could consistently beat the rest. This team could eventually do it, so maybe it's all about giving it time.

It's nothing like that

If we are Everton does that make Aberdeen Man U, Hearts Arsenal and Hibs Man City!

We play in a league where 10 teams spend nothing like the money we do - its a 1, should be 2 team league.

If Celtic didnt exist WE would be expected to domimate the league you would need to remove 6 teams for Everton to win it

Everton ffs

Dropping points in 3 from 6 games is hardly "from time to time" it's criminal. Even in 2 of the games we won, and leading at half time, we've been woeful in the 2nd half.

I don't see any improvement on the pitch from last season.
Really? Do you think we accumulate the same points as last season then?

Is certainly expect us to beat hibs and hearts at home
And partick away.

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't has a very very low benchmark

Is certainly expect us to beat hibs and hearts at home
And partick away.

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't has a very very low benchmark

We’re not yet good enough to expect to win every week. We need 8/11 players at their best to win and just now we simply don’t have that, as shown against Hearts and Partick. All of us would agree that we need to get to the point where beating Hearts and Thistle is a given 19 times out of 20. Where we differ is people not accepting that we’re not yet at that stage.

Hibs is a different matter. It’s disingenuous to ignore the manner of that defeat.

With our budget and some of the players we have this season, we should be beating all teams at home for definite with the only exceptions reasonably being them and perhaps Aberdeen if they play out of their skins. Away at worst it might be acceptable from a quality/difficulty point of view to be losing twice to them and drawing one and losing one at Aberdeen. Might. And maybe the odd draw away versus a Hearts/Hibs/St Johnstone. That would give us in the region of 85-90 points say. Out of 114 that's hardly unreasonable.

But dropping points versus managerless Hearts and newly promoted Hibs at home and Partick away is frankly unacceptable.

With our budget and some of the players we have this season, we should be beating all teams at home for definite with the only exceptions reasonably being them and perhaps Aberdeen if they play out of their skins. Away at worst it might be acceptable from a quality/difficulty point of view to be losing twice to them and drawing one and losing one at Aberdeen. Might. And maybe the odd draw away versus a Hearts/Hibs/St Johnstone. That would give us in the region of 85-90 points say. Out of 114 that's hardly unreasonable.

But dropping points versus managerless Hearts and newly promoted Hibs at home and Partick away is frankly unacceptable.

Surely you realise in practice that what you’re saying never happens? If it did, Man U would be unbeaten at Old Trafford for 20 years, Real Madrid would never have lost a game at the Bernabeu and Bayern Munich would be celebrating their 23rd consecutive league title.

Do we really? With where we've been and what we have been through do we really expect to be challenging?

Forget where we've been and what we've been through. The clock started when Dave King appointed Warburton and it was reset again for Pedro this summer.
The McCoist years under the Wigs have absolutely no bearing on what's happening now.

Yes, the majority on here expect to be challenging in the one fixture that matters for them. I expect to be beating Partick after going one up, I expect there will be other poor results and i expect to see improved performances and results over the next few months

Surely you realise in practice that what you’re saying never happens? If it did, Man U would be unbeaten at Old Trafford for 20 years, Real Madrid would never have lost a game at the Bernabeu and Bayern Munich would be celebrating their 23rd consecutive league title.
I'm not an idiot. I realise that. It's a for instance. You could turn 4 home draws into defeats and it's only 4 points of a difference. Say the same for 7 away games. That would still be at least 27 wins and 81 points. Close enough to 85. The point remains the same. We have already dropped too many points we shouldn't have, and it's unacceptable.

I'm not an idiot. I realise that. It's a for instance. You could turn 4 home draws into defeats and it's only 4 points of a difference. Say the same for 7 away games. That would still be at least 27 wins and 81 points. Close enough to 85. The point remains the same. We have already dropped too many points we shouldn't have, and it's unacceptable.

If you realise that and aren’t an idiot, why say “we should be beating all teams at home for definite”. It doesn’t work that way and never has.

If you realise that and aren’t an idiot, why say “we should be beating all teams at home for definite”. It doesn’t work that way and never has.
Read the post. 'With the only exceptions...'
Cheers.

Read the post. 'With the only exceptions...'
Cheers.

Even with exceptions, the reality is we will not win every game against the dross. We haven’t in the past during our peak years and we won’t in the future.

Add in to the fact of where we are in the rebuilding process, it makes those expectations even less obtainable at present.

If you genuinely expect us to win every home game outside of Aberdeen and the Tims, then you’re going to be perpetually disappointed. In the 17 years I’ve had a season ticket, we’ve dropped points against teams a lot worse than us, with teams infinitely better than this current one, but that’s football.

If posters are getting worked up over a bit of criticism of how things are going just now it might be a good idea to log off next weekend

Nope and not until they don't qualify for CL and we can continuously match them financially.
Or
Some billionaire comes in and ploughed money into us.

2nd and a cup for the foreseeable future.

Never mind what you expect from Rangers, what do you want from Rangers? If you want Rangers to be challenging this season then get behind the team, get behind the manager and get behind the board.

There are too many 'bears' posting on this board who appear to want Rangers to fail.

If you are a Rangers supporter then support the team, especially at Ibrox, as vocally as you can. We can spur them on to great things.

I say this not in expectation, but because I really, really want it to happen. Positive forces produce positive results.

Reactions: Mez
Back