Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

4th game in a row we have been surprised with Team selection, previous 3 resulted in the Manager we trust.
Happy not to see Borna in the starting 11 and Dessers has been incredibly frustrating recently. Lawrence owes the Manager a performance and who knows which Silva will turn up.
Let’s get the win and eradicate Sundays hangover.

He won’t be dropping Tav, Sterling might well play, and I hope he does, but it won’t be at RB.
I knew he wouldn't but there was the option. Said before, Sterling has all the attributes of a modern FB. And yes, I know his favoured position is CM. Would just love to see him get a run of games in the one position.

Captain - Sterling (is right footed, gaffer has playes him LB and RW so why not RB)
Goldson - Balogun (was on bench v Ross County)

Lundstram - Raskin (give a chance without Lundstram and was on bench at weekend)
Borna? - Struggling as Ridvan is out and Stelring struggles as is right footed.

Gaffers hands aren't really tied apart from LB
Confirned yesterday Balogun not fit.

I can only think there’s a clause in the deal for Silva that he starts a certain amount of games, he’s been mostly awful especially last Sunday. Other than that I think the team picks itself with leaving out Barasic and Dessers.

It's called a discussion board, and it involves folk giving an opinion.

You can disagree with the team selection and be 100% behind the team.

I don't think you can. You're starting from an adversarial position. It's an immediate dunt of negativity that often snowballs, into 'I told you so'. Besides, there's a massive difference between wanting us to win and supporting the team. I wish people understood that better.

You would think we had 22 fit players from some of the comments on the line up.
For whatever reason we still have a lot of important players injured or trying to get back to fitness after being out.
There are players in the lineup I don't think are good enough but the options are extremely limited.

Sterling at LB doesn't work IMO. Makes the defense really unbalanced.
Would Davies at LD not be a better shout? If he's on the bench... he can play.

Could then have had Sterling start in midfield where, IMO, he is strongest.

Barisic has checked out. Has last few appearances have been bad, and that's by his own standards.

It's unbalanced, but it's what we've got to use. Davies hasn't played in months and Ridvan is injured. Yfeko is also a bit too green to be playing in a situation like tonight, imo.

Not sure what people’s issue is with the team selection.

PC has very little options, loads of the team out sick / injured. The general squad quality and depth is very poor

Manager has made his choices and let’s see if we get a reaction tonight

I just hope we win

Sick of questioning certain players and the manager has asked this team to go out and get a win

As long as we win I don’t care how we play

We are going to struggle in midfield again today. The Dundee players will run the legs off of Lundstram and Lawrence.
I must say I don’t like the look at the balance of that team at all.

I would’ve started Davies at left back. He can’t be worse than Barisic, and that frees up Steiling
Sima should be on the left, Sterling in the middle with Raskin and Matondo on the right.

I never thought I would see Kemar Roofe start for us again. Does smack of desperation somewhat!

We are going to struggle in midfield again today. The Dundee players will run the legs off of Lundstram and Lawrence.
I must say I don’t like the look at the balance of that team at all.

I would’ve started Davies at left back. He can’t be worse than Barisic, and that frees up Steiling
Sima should be on the left, Sterling in the middle with Raskin and Matondo on the right.

I never thought I would see Kemar Roofe start for us again. Does smack of desperation somewhat!
It's tough to watch dessers miss simple chances game after game

Dessers not starting is great to see, made as many changes as we probably could due to injury. Silva really needs to show something because he shouldn’t be anywhere near that starting 11

Too much messing around with the lineup should be our strongest team and that's it. Silva wide left doesn't work and Sterling left back doesn't either would rather he went with a back three and two wing backs

Aw does it not help? that’s a shame. Thoughts and prayers.

Thumbs are really important, I mean there's a whole evolutionary explanation as to why they're so important, that I could give, but it would be a waste of time.

If the doctors/surgeons have told him he can't play because it could impact him in the future, then it's not really our business to sit here and demand he should be playing.

Back