Fernando Ricksen - The Final Battle BBC Scotland Channel

Sat watching trying to hold back the tears. What an inspiration Fernando was, hopefully one day we have a cure for this horrible disease.

He’s just incredible.
Truly remarkable man.
I cannot register how brave he was.
This is off the scale completely

It's going to be even tougher tomorrow down at our famous stadium but I'm sure he'll get the send off from the Rangers Family he truly deserves.

A warrior till the end.

Watching him falling when he took kick off is just awful. Remember it at the time the stadium almost fell silent when he fell.

Reactions: VGM
QUOTE="ICA_86, post: 4404575, member: 1859"]
Why would they show that Jordan stuff there?

Odd from BBC Scotland...
[/QUOTE]im sure those close to him would have aloud it.. as FR said himself he lived life to the full.

That was incredibly moving. What a fight he put up, breaks me heart thinking about how difficult his life must have been. He’ll be sorely missed, but tomorrow we’ll again see how popular and how loved he was when thousands turn out to pay their respects.

I decided not to watch.

Too raw and doubt it would make me admire the way he fought his illness any more than I already do.

Might catch it on I Player later once a wee bit time passes.

that was a tough one to watch. I think the bbc were a bit disrespectful with some of the content they decided to include

They didn’t make it, it’s from a Dutch company. People too busy looking for things to be annoyed at because they thought it was made by the BBC.

Why would they show that Jordan stuff there?

Odd from BBC Scotland...

.......and they did as much as they could to airbrush Rangers out as best as they could

Obviously it is all about Fernando, but you if you didn’t know better you might have concluded his time at Rangers was not the biggest stint of his career, which it was.

I also thought some of their edit was distasteful. His wife feeding him and then cut to her feeding his daughter, I didn’t like that.

However, what an insight to his heroic brave battle. Anyone not moved by that is not human.

Good bless Fernando Ricksen. Your legend lives on, never to be forgotten.

.......and they did as much as they could to airbrush Rangers out as best as they could

Obviously it is all about Fernando, but you if you didn’t know better you might have concluded his time at Rangers was not the biggest stint of his career, which it was.

I also thought some of their edit was distasteful. His wife feeding him and then cut to her feeding his daughter, I didn’t like that.

However, what an insight to his heroic brave battle. Anyone not moved by that is not human.

Good bless Fernando Ricksen. Your legend lives on, never to be forgotten.

Fucking hell, it wasn’t made by the BBC, you’ve tried far too hard to look for things to be angry at.

Latest posts

Back