Grezda starting for Albania

He said it like he was really highly regarded in the world football ffs come off it :D

Highly regarded by his team mates, so no surprises there :D

Highly regarded by just about everyone in Croatian football and Panucci, who knows a bit about football.

It sounds like you really don’t rate him. What have you seen you don’t like, considering he’s played very few minutes since coming back from this injury?

I’m not having that :D

Peña was an overweight alcoholic when he arrived, who could barely waddle from one side of the pitch to the other.

Grezda looks slim, athletic, quick but just lacking match sharpness. Ludicrous comparison
I hope I’m wrong bud!

The guys not really kicked a ball since May. I was worried when he dropped out our squad the injury wasn't recovering but I doubt he would have played in the last two games IF there were any concerns.

It's about fitness now which will be tricky when his team mates are up and running-being realistic it might be months before he's up to speed.

Those slagging him tonight must be distraught that we haven't uncovered a £30 million hidden gem in the Croatian league. He obviously isn't that. He was always going to be roughly on the same talent level as the likes Candeias, Kent, & Middleton. The big unknown is is he slightly better or slightly worse than those guys. To me he looked decent/good in the first half.

Knew this thread would be a laugh when I saw it. The “Ejaria/Kent/Morelos is pish” brigade giving the new boy the treatment now.

Fecks sake take a day off, or at least go and watch a few more games of football and learn something about it first.

Definitely not the player to play up front against sheep ,not physical enough.Think Dale Gordon for me.

He’s either played wide forward or second striker so in principle I agree with you.

The problem is we don’t have a physical striker available, so we need to consider options none of which are perfect.

What we do know is that they have no pace in central defence, so we need a way in that game of servicing whoever we do choose.

Highly regarded by just about everyone in Croatian football and Panucci, who knows a bit about football.

It sounds like you really don’t rate him. What have you seen you don’t like, considering he’s played very few minutes since coming back from this injury?
I never said anything about him so absolutely no idea how you came to that conclusion?

I’m just intrigued as to how you know everyone in croation football rates him? Can you back this up?

I haven’t seen ANY of him to make judgement - which is why I have not done so.

For those saying there not impressed from what they seen tonight , I wasn't impressed with Arfield, Kent and Ejaria when I first seen them and none of them were coming back from a 5 month injury. Give the boy time!
To be fair that says more about your judgment than anything else.

I never said anything about him so absolutely no idea how you came to that conclusion?

I’m just intrigued as to how you know everyone in croation football rates him? Can you back this up?

You should go and watch our games in which he featured if you’ve not seen any of him, he showed some glimpses of class.

Go and research the articles in both Albania and Croatia. They were all over the forum at the time he signed.

We had leading sports journalists in Albania saying he’s got the potential to a be a €20m player, he was a contender for POTY in Croatia with 13 goals/assist in 30 odd games and his international manager, who happens to be a football icon, has sand his praises constantly. Then you have Steven Gerrard who knows a bit.

Not sure why a Rangers fan on a Rangers forum has taken issue with a poster correctly pointing he is highly regarded.

That’s all that was said.

You should go and watch our games in which he featured if you’ve not seen any of him, he showed some glimpses of class.

Go and research the articles in both Albania and Croatia. They were all over the forum at the time he signed.

We had leading sports journalists in Albania saying he’s got the potential to a be a €20m player, he was a contender for POTY in Croatia with 13 goals/assist in 30 odd games and his international manager, who happens to be a football icon, has sand his praises constantly. Then you have Steven Gerrard who knows a bit.

Not sure why a Rangers fan on a Rangers forum has taken issue with a poster correctly pointing he is highly regarded.

Good post Greg.

He played 90 minutes.

He didn’t look particularly off the pace in his first full match in 6 months

He came through uninjured.

These seem to be the facts. It’s all nicely positive, as far as I can see.

Does he have a fair bit to go? Of course. Will he improve as he gets fitter, his sharpness comes back, he settles in to a new team in a new country? Undoubtedly. Then, and only then, can we judge how good he is.

Some of the negativity on FF is mad at times. Remember Souness signed a big bloke, a striker, who looked a busted flush in his first few months with us. English guy, Hateley was his name. Scored once in the first 9 league matches but went on to be pretty good. I’m not saying Grezda is the new Hateley, just that he deserves a chance and that we should have faith in our management team who have done pretty well so far with spotting decent players and getting the best out of them.

surely the fact SG rates him is enough as he signed him or are you doubting his ability to know a player

He played 90 minutes.

He didn’t look particularly off the pace in his first full match in 6 months

He came through uninjured.

These seem to be the facts. It’s all nicely positive, as far as I can see.

Does he have a fair bit to go? Of course. Will he improve as he gets fitter, his sharpness comes back, he settles in to a new team in a new country? Undoubtedly. Then, and only then, can we judge how good he is.

Some of the negativity on FF is mad at times. Remember Souness signed a big bloke, a striker, who looked a busted flush in his first few months with us. English guy, Hateley was his name. Scored once in the first 9 league matches but went on to be pretty good. I’m not saying Grezda is the new Hateley, just that he deserves a chance and that we should have faith in our management team who have done pretty well so far with spotting decent players and getting the best out of them.

Sensible post RH.

agreed mate

I think tonight’s a really good step forward mate. He’s played 90 minutes for the first time in 5 or 6 months. If he has no after effects that’s great.
And playing at that level even though it’s Israel & not Italy it’s still international football, with teams much better & better organised & structured than the best teams in our league.
And he’s nowhere near his peak obviously, so I’m not sure what some expected ?

I have watched us home and away since the start of the season and can honestly say i have not seen enough to form an opinion. Looked like he had natural talent but hasn’t played anywhere near enough to merit the plaudits he seems to be receiving :D

Lets step back, a leading sports journalist in Albania... Albania, said he could be a £20m player.

Just the same way leading sports journalists in scotland said dembele is a 40m player and morellos is a dud.

You are coming at me like I have called him shite when all i’m asking is for you to let me read his plaudits as i’m genuinely interested. I know nothing off the guy most likely like yourself...

Take a day off.

I think tonight’s a really good step forward mate. He’s played 90 minutes for the first time in 5 or 6 months. If he has no after effects that’s great.
And playing at that level even though it’s Israel & not Italy it’s still international football, with teams much better & better organised & structured than the best teams in our league.
And he’s nowhere near his peak obviously, so I’m not sure what some expected ?
spot on give the guy a chance thank feck we didn't have some of the bed wetter's on here during the 2 wars
UnnaturalHardBernesemountaindog-max-1mb.gif

I have watched us home and away since the start of the season and can honestly say i have not seen enough to form an opinion. Looked like he had natural talent but hasn’t played anywhere near enough to merit the plaudits he seems to be receiving :D

Lets step back, a leading sports journalist in Albania... Albania, said he could be a £20m player.

Just the same way leading sports journalists in scotland said dembele is a 40m player and morellos is a dud.

You are coming at me like I have called him shite when all i’m asking is for you to let me read his plaudits as i’m genuinely interested.

Take a day off.
I don't think you are interested your just stirring it and you know it

Back