Has not signing a goalscorer in January killed us

Dessers needs to be replaced in the summer but I don't know who would take him. The limited times that I have seen Danilo makes me think that he is not the answer either. As for Silva he can go back to Wolves anytime he likes.

Priorities in the summer will be a goalkeeper , if Butland goes, two new CB's, a new right back, a couple of midfielders and a striker. It's a big job for Big Phil in the summer.
Dessers is the 5th highest goalscorer in the league, he isn't nearly as bad a product as people day! plenty teams would take him!

look at lammers!

the defence are more to blame than dessers for recent results! yes he missed a few but defence has been shocking for months now! including the highest scoring right back in Britain.

No wonder tab scores so many he has to make up for all the ones he fucks yo for im defence!

I would have signed Shankland for a couple of million, but Hearts wanted way more than that. We will never know if he would have made the difference. With our defence I don't think so.
You are obsessed with paying another extra £2m when there is a £40m plus pot at stake.

Quick question. . Would you rather have had Dessers or Shankland up top in the second half of the season?

You say that. But if we had a striker who could finish, we would have been 2-0 up in Dingwall. The second half wouldn’t have happened
but we didn't have a striker who could finish ,so we never went 2 up, but what we did have and have had for the best part of the season, is a backline that concedes cheaply and with alarming regularity

Not much Shankland or any other Striker could do about Shipping 3 goals to that Mob or Ross county. Our defensive %^*& ups would mean any strike force would be fighting an uphill battle every game.
I blame Goldson and co far more than I blame Dessers.

Dessers is the 5th highest goalscorer in the league, he isn't nearly as bad a product as people day! plenty teams would take him!

look at lammers!

the defence are more to blame than dessers for recent results! yes he missed a few but defence has been shocking for months now! including the highest scoring right back in Britain.

No wonder tab scores so many he has to make up for all the ones he fucks yo for im defence!
He misses far too many .I hope he has gone in the summer.
If

Or he was told he couldn't.

Either way we were wrong not to sign Shankland.
From. What was going around is was around ffp and

Who knows if true proof is normally in the accounts

Sometimes especially at agms they don't challenge enough around the things that matter

Ie the income/expenditure amd things like the car park being sold off etc

Losing 3 goals against Ross fuckin County suggests the problem is at the other end of the pitch
It's partly that

We have a few things wrong with us

Dessers takes to many chances to score if he scores the one just before half time by hitting b it first time instead of taking a touch is a distention game.

Isn't just a dessers issue it takes us to many chances to actually score a goal as a team

Was it the financial fair play rules or lack of cash that stopped us signing miovski or Shankland in the January window?
Yup that’s why Diomande was signed as loan with obligation to buy, in effect pushing transfer fee into next years expenditure.
I suspect we had to sell in January before we could buy another striker.
Hence why we ended up with Silva on loan.

We forked out how much for Dessers? 4 million plus? Easily could have got a similar aged Shankland for that and would be in a much better position just now.
That not happening last summer there should have been a loan move for a striker in January instead of a loan for Fabio Silva who I don’t know what his best position is. Certainly isn’t the number 9 role that’s for sure

Shankland or not, we’re not clinical enough and haven’t been for a long time.

We’ve conceded less than Celtic. They’ve scored more.

That was 100% up to the end of Feb
Lean days upfront were masked by a solid defensive performance

But as i posted earlier to go from Jan/Feb and conceding less than 0.5 per game on average
To Mar/Apr so far conceding over 2 a game on average

Thats a startling drop, absolutely massive

Goals For 72, Goals Against 23, Them, Goals For 80 Goals against 26
Scoring goals isn't the issue, and with the least conceded in league
can't be defence either.

Lundstrom, playing out his skin few months back, alleged derisory offer (I've heard figures Quoted) now can't be bothered, shows in his play, Same with Barasic and a few others, these guys aren't going to risk injury if they aren't going to be there next season and ruin any chance of a contract elsewhere.
The problem here lies squarely at the board who have allowed this situation to happen, and not for the first time, where several players are out of contract and looking elsewhere for their next pay packet!

look at lammers!

With the amount of chances we generate, most strikers would easily be 5th highest goal scorer.
Anyone playing up front for the Old Firm should be in the top two.

We've scored 5 goals in our last 2 games. That should be enough to win both games. But we've conceded 6 and have taken 1 point. Pointing to a lack of goalscorer over simplifies it. We have issues all over the park. Remains to be seen whether the manager can get a tune out of these players for another 5 / 6 weeks, before making wholesale changes in summer.

We must have the worst chance conversion rate in the league and also Goldson at corners is the worst I've seen at heading a ball towards goal.

As per the thread title, would signing a proven 'number 9' have made a difference to us? I know instinctively most will say yes, so looking at the 2 defeats v Motherwell, Ross County and the draw v celtic would a better striker than Dessers have made the difference?
YES

Back