Official Jack Butland - Welcome to Rangers! - 4 Year Deal

Big gloves to fill but I get good vibes from Butland, he’s quite sure of himself which he’ll have to be. Let’s hope he’s a bit like Cantwell and rediscovers his mojo, at 30 he’s still in his prime as a GK and we could see the best of him yet.

Let’s just bookmark the thread and see if he’s above SPL quality. He’s a top goalkeeper. I’m going to stand behind that and I think you will realise it. He’s closer to the Goalie, Klos and Greigsy than Ally Maxwell. Those of us old enough to remember the odd Goram mistake will also remember saves of ridiculous, almost unbelievable quality Butland is a top, top keeper with the right attitude. Of course only in my opinion. Let’s see what you are saying in six months.
Like I said bro…no argument.

He’s undoubtedly above SPL quality

And I’m old enough to remember McCloy BTW.;)

Signings move to a different level with Butland on board and so crucial that we’re getting business done early.

Welcome to Rangers Jack, we are a club with a history of great keepers. You can be one as well.

Like I said bro…no argument.

He’s undoubtedly above SPL quality

And I’m old enough to remember McCloy BTW.;)
Hey.
You leave the Girvan Lighthouse alone. He caught most things in the air flighted into the six yarder.

(Yea, if it was on the ground it could be a problem). ;)

Reallg looking forward to him as no1 gk, he seems very confident in his ability. Think he’ll be great for us. Mccrorie can play in the cup games.

Introducing Mrs Butland......you're welcome.

Annabel.jpg

That’s a dazzling smile, Jack must be good with his hands.

:)) Let’s just bookmark the thread and see if he’s above SPL quality. He’s a top goalkeeper. I’m going to stand behind that and I think you will realise it. He’s closer to the Goalie, Klos and Greigsy than Ally Maxwell. Those of us old enough to remember the odd Goram mistake will also remember saves of ridiculous, almost unbelievable quality Butland is a top, top keeper with the right attitude. Of course only in my opinion. Let’s see what you are saying in six months.
Genuinely i can remember the goalie only making 2 mistakes, 1 in his 2nd or 3rd game at tynecastle letting in a Scott crabbe (I think) strike then one in europe v sparta prague.

I’m sure he made others but I canny mind any

He genuinely looks thrilled to be here. To give up playing for the club you grew up supporting speaks volumes about the man. I think we are gonna be in good hands with him in goal.

Really looking forward to having a tall keeper. We’ve not had one since The Girvan lighthouse really

Wouldnt think it would be the DOF anyway. But with technology now managers dont always need to be physically in the presence of a new signing. Not sure what is wrong with thinking pointing out the good work the manager does.
Indeed and to the extent of having a full specification of where and how he wants to see the players play, and (no-doubt) how he thinks he can develop them as players.

Although goalkeeper will be more limited in the "i want to play you like this...", im pretty certain Beale will already have said to him about what he wants for distribution, communication, and interaction with the other defenders.

Well impressed too.

He genuinely looks thrilled to be here. To give up playing for the club you grew up supporting speaks volumes about the man. I think we are gonna be in good hands with him in goal.
It tells me he’ll play for any c.u.n.t as long as the cash is there (and quite right too)
Footballers are hired hands, they follow the money.
He’ll earn a fair wage in the next 4 years and I think he’ll stay with us for even longer he’s a keeper and a keeper

Just listening to the interview and Beale visited a month ago. Beale really does put the work in for his team.
Wasn’t expecting Butland to be so well spoken either.

Even mentioned how these new “state of the art” stadiums don’t compare to Ibrox with the tradition and history.

Sounds like someone who really has his head screwed on. Doesn’t come across as egotistical either.

If we can get him up to speed quickly he’s going to be a real asset!

Genuinely i can remember the goalie only making 2 mistakes, 1 in his 2nd or 3rd game at tynecastle letting in a Scott crabbe (I think) strike then one in europe v sparta prague.

I’m sure he made others but I canny mind any
Nah there were a few more but as discussed very rare. Aberdeen 2 Rangers 2 1997 being a classic example.

Back