Official Jack Butland - Welcome to Rangers! - 4 Year Deal

Introducing Mrs Butland......you're welcome.

Annabel.jpg
Nice but she's punching.

Genuinely i can remember the goalie only making 2 mistakes, 1 in his 2nd or 3rd game at tynecastle letting in a Scott crabbe (I think) strike then one in europe v sparta prague.

I’m sure he made others but I canny mind any
Think Tynecastle was the 1st game, could be wrong and think he caused a defeat in a semi v hibs but was definitely the best Rangers keeper in my time, going back to McCloy and Kennedy.

to counter

McCrorie hasnt properly played for a couple of years, and if he was that good, why is he a backup?
We have been fortunate to have had McGregor for so many years. And the club have always been reluctant to play youngsters. I’m not saying Butland won’t be a great player for the club but people saying McCrorie isn’t up to it when he has done everything asked when he has played.

Having Butland and McCrorie battling for the number 1 jersey can only benefit the team.

I am genuinely excited by this signing.

An experienced, first team starter, former internationalist, the perfect age for a keeper.

Butland is going to be a firm favourite in no time at all. I can feel it in my bones B-D

Is that useless lady's front bottom still stealing a wage over there? B-D
He’s back for pre season training with them
Barkas has been given a free transfer.

£5m keeper allowed to walk a year early.

Anyway, back on Butland. He looks like a kid in a sweetie shop in his interview. Looks to be ready for this move.

Hopefully we get the benefit of his desire to get back playing regularly.

Jack Butland on paper is on a par with the best ever goalies we’ve signed.
International experience and physical stature in our penalty box.
He will also help our central defenders out as a sweeper keeper which has been sadly lacking for some time.His kicking from feet may be a ?.

Of course there will be negatives as you simply wouldn’t be able to pick up a keeper with his credential for nada.
Biggest one is lack of playing time and it may take time for him to be match fit.
I know posters point out we need a keeper to come in firing with CL qualifiers so early in the season but you can’t have everything !
All goalkeepers make errors but the greats like AG make the fewest.Going out on loan to league 1 clubs in England hardly likely to stir his juices.

I view Butland as a very good piece of business and the positives far outweigh the negatives.
I reckon he will be fired up by the challenge of
reinventing himself proven by taking a large drop in wages.
Being number 2 in a club like Man Utd suggests the talent is still there.

Listening to his interview he comes across really well, said he’s a commanding keeper very vocal which I like, loved watching shagger going mental at defenders always keeps them on their toes, also said he’s leads from the back which is a plus

Barkas has been given a free transfer.

£5m keeper allowed to walk a year early.

Anyway, back on Butland. He looks like a kid in a sweetie shop in his interview. Looks to be ready for this move.

Hopefully we get the benefit of his desire to get back playing regularly.
I didnt know that they let him go on a free, Theyve kept that quiet while laughing at us losing Alfie and Kent for free.

Butland looks like hes buzzzing to be hear, To be fair so do our other signings thus far

International experience and physical stature in our penalty box.
He will also help our central defenders out as a sweeper keeper which has been sadly lacking for some time.His kicking from feet may be a ?.

Of course there will be negatives as you simply wouldn’t be able to pick up a keeper with his credential for nada.
Biggest one is lack of playing time and it may take time for him to be match fit.
I know posters point out we need a keeper to come in firing with CL qualifiers so early in the season but you can’t have everything !
All goalkeepers make errors but the greats like AG make the fewest.Going out on loan to league 1 clubs in England hardly likely to stir his juices.

I view Butland as a very good piece of business and the positives far outweigh the negatives.
I reckon he will be fired up by the challenge of
reinventing himself proven by taking a large drop in wages.
Being number 2 in a club like Man Utd suggests the talent is still there.
Has he been injured this season?.....Only asking as although he was on the bench in the Cup Final, as far as I can see from transfermrkt stats, he was only on the bench 11 times in total and looking at MU's team selections in the Carabao Cup this season, wasn't on the bench for any of them, including games when De Gea was left out.

Mental. Genuienly a million miles behind the signings of Klos and Woods, even on paper as you say.

He's barely played in 4 seasons yet so many are convinced he's entering 4 years of his prime years. Let's hope that's correct.

He seems happy to be here and we'll see soon enough.

Has he been injured this season?.....Only asking as although he was on the bench in the Cup Final, as far as I can see from transfermrkt stats, he was only on the bench 11 times in total and looking at MU's team selections in the Carabao Cup this season, wasn't on the bench for any of them, including games when De Gea was left out.
He only went there in January

Mental. Genuienly a million miles behind the signings of Klos and Woods, even on paper as you say.

He's barely played in 4 seasons yet so many are convinced he's entering 4 years of his prime years. Let's hope that's correct.

He seems happy to be here and we'll see soon enough.
Do you really think we’d pick up a guy with his CV without a transfer fee without ? against him.
He s CV matches any of the above on paper.
Former England International played 90 EPL games.

If you do you’re being unrealistic.
That’s the reason he’s been obtainable for us.

The club are willing to take a gamble as only outlays are wages.
Age wise he should be entering prime years.

The guy clearly has ambitions to play football and has taken a huge pay cut to come.
I’ve no doubt the playing gap has put off suitors in the RPL but if it works out for him in the next couple of years he’ll attract an EPL side for a decent fee.

Do you really think we’d pick up a guy with his CV without a transfer fee without ? against him.
He s CV matches any of the above on paper.
Former England International played 90 EPL games.

If you do you’re being unrealistic.
That’s the reason he’s been obtainable for us.

The club are willing to take a gamble as only outlays are wages.
Age wise he should be entering prime years.

The guy clearly has ambitions to play football and has taken a huge pay cut to come.
I’ve no doubt the playing gap has put off suitors in the RPL but if it works out for him in the next couple of years he’ll attract an EPL side for a decent fee.
It's a good CV. Not as good as Senderos' CV when we signed him. But it is good. Now the CV of Senderos...that was something to behold.

It meant %^*& all obviously. Whilst we are being realistic.

It's a good CV. Not as good as Senderos' CV when we signed him. But it is good. Now the CV of Senderos...that was something to behold.

It meant %^*& all obviously. Whilst we are being realistic.
I was referring to GK’s CV.
Ffs Oleg Salenko scored 5 goals in the WC finals in one game

Butland I doubt would have been Man Utd number 2 if he stank the place out.

Nobody has the benefit of hindsight when we make any signing but you can see why we wanted to get Butland onboard.

I'll be interested to see what Jack has to offer. I think he can be a very good keeper but I would have loved McCrorie to have been given a further chance. The run in to the end of the season McCrorie should have been number 1 until that chance/time came around.

Like so many have, I sure as hell am not going to rule this guy out. He's got a lot to offer.

I'll be interested to see what Jack has to offer. I think he can be a very good keeper but I would have loved McCrorie to have been given a further chance. The run in to the end of the season McCrorie should have been number 1 until that chance/time came around.

Like so many have, I sure as hell am not going to rule this guy out. He's got a lot to offer.
really don't get this mentally tbh. Not replacing McGregor after last season cost us big time, in both the league and Europe, as it was a season too far.

If we give McCrorie a chance, and it doesn't work out, where do we go from there? Try and scrabble around for a replacement in January when the league might already be drifting out of sight?

Beale has assessed McCrorie as not being number 1 material now, and I think that's fair enough. I hope he's number 2, gets a chance in the cups, and develops, but expecting Beale to roll the dice on his job for one of the most important positions on the team is just daft.

really don't get this mentally tbh. Not replacing McGregor after last season cost us big time, in both the league and Europe, as it was a season too far.

If we give McCrorie a chance, and it doesn't work out, where do we go from there? Try and scrabble around for a replacement in January when the league might already be drifting out of sight?

Beale has assessed McCrorie as not being number 1 material now, and I think that's fair enough. I hope he's number 2, gets a chance in the cups, and develops, but expecting Beale to roll the dice on his job for one of the most important positions on the team is just daft.
Too much sense for so many few.

4 years seems a long contract for his age

This 100 times over, McCrorie was bombed out of Livi because he’s very suspect on crosses, going off the Hibs game there’s still that worry now. If other teams target this by putting pressure on high balls into the box it leaves us in trouble. Getting Butland is the absolute right call

Be nice to see a Rangers goalie coming for a cross and commanding his box at the same time None of the rooted to the line nonsense
Exactly what McCrorrie has been doing. I dont think butland should be automatic No.1, McCrorrie hasn't let us down yet and has been waiting long enough to take the No.1 top. Hopefully he'll be given that chance

Speaks well, clearly going to be a vocal and commanding presence and his experience should be a massive help this season.

I think we may have won a watch with this signing, hopefully cements himself as a proper Rangers goalkeeper going forward. We have a history of tremendous goalkeepers and I think this could end up being a terrific bit of business.

Back