Jordan Jones Sold to Wigan - Undisclosed Fee

Good news. He was nowhere near good enough for us and the money spent on his wages can be better used elsewhere.

Good luck to him but I’m glad we’re rid.

A few more deadwood squad fillers to go now (Barker, Hastie, Middleton etc.)

Barker, Hastie and Middleton next hopefully, they haven't done much wrong but they are not at our level and need to playing every week, wish them well and move them on while freeing up a bit of cash in wages

Reactions: VGM
He was a free transfer on relatively low wages, a gamble but not an expensive one.

Just not good enough to get a game in the squad we now have, so a permanent transfer is best for club and player.

We're dreaming if we think we got £1m for him though.

Reactions: VGM
Good luck JJ. Hopefully you can knuckle down and kick on then carve out a decent career. I get the feeling a few years down the line you will look back on your time at Ibrox with regret.

He had a chance at us but didn't take it we have all seen this story before, maybe that's why we played him in so many friendlies to give their coaches a chance to watch him.

Was a gamble worth taking at the time but just didn't work out, well rid of him now.

Certainly never seemed to make the most of the opportunity given to him, hope he does well at Wigan.

Glad we got him off the books , does anyone know what the point of this “ undisclosed fee “ means or is ? What’s the secret why don’t the clubs just say how much it was ?

Was never ever good enough. One decent goal, a stupid OF red card and the covid breach is his legacy. Glad he's away

Didn’t work out but as long as Wigan are covering all his wages it is a good deal even if it is a small fee. He contributed with an assist that got us to the EL.

Very poor other than that but a low cost gamble

Glad we got him off the books , does anyone know what the point of this “ undisclosed fee “ means or is ? What’s the secret why don’t the clubs just say how much it was ?

Why should they? There's no benefit to letting other teams know how much you received for any individual player.

Doesn't appear to have much between the ears, so unsure how his career will go but I'm glad he's off our wage bill. No hard feelings though, so good luck to him

Nothing to be gained from other teams or fans knowing how much we got for the player, or how much the buying club paid for the player.

I'm amazed we actually got a fee, Ross Wilson - confirmed genius!

Barker and Hastie lined up for the exit launch pad next please.

He is a good player but things just didn't work out for him, if you look at the total number of minutes he actually played for us the number is very low, but I liked what I saw when he did play.

I thought the way him and Edmundson got treated after breaking covid rules was very unfair, especially when you considered the different treatment Paterson and Bassey got for doing almost the same thing.

Back