Jordan Jones Sold to Wigan - Undisclosed Fee

He is a good player but things just didn't work out for him, if you look at the total number of minutes he actually played for us the number is very low, but I liked what I saw when he did play.

I thought the way him and Edmundson got treated after breaking covid rules was very unfair, especially when you considered the different treatment Paterson and Bassey got for doing almost the same thing.
To be honest, I just think Gerrard didn’t feel he was good enough and the two situations were entirely different - especially when you consider Jones had already angered him months prior.

Nothing to be gained from other teams or fans knowing how much we got for the player, or how much the buying club paid for the player.
It shows on the annual accounts so they can’t hide it . I don’t see the problem in saying what the fee is .

It shows on the annual accounts so they can’t hide it . I don’t see the problem in saying what the fee is .
It benefits both clubs, if they were wanting to go sign someone else then the selling club would know much money the clubs have lying about.

It’s not a big deal that the fee isn’t released IMO!.

Such a frustrating player - showed quality in brief spells in the team but then undid all that good work with being a bit of a gimp off the park.

Good luck to him.

In years to come, when he looks back on his time here, I’m sure he’ll have a few regrets about the way he’s conducted himself at times.

He’s not a good player but more than made up for any fees we spent on him (wages etc) with his cross vs Legia. Not a fan but good luck to him

Good to get him off the books, I’d imagine the fee is pretty small. Somewhere in the region of 300k I’d imagine. Him and edmundson combine is probably about the £1.3 million mark.

Good luck to him but I’m glad we’re rid.

A few more deadwood squad fillers to go now (Barker, Hastie, Middleton etc.)
Etc? , theres not many more that could go imo.
Hastie and barker, but i would keep middleton.

Good news for the wage bill but just a shame he couldn't get himself sorted out. Could've had a great career with us.

Guy on here last week was proper raging because.

“We pay for the players so we are entitled to know how much they’ve sold for”

:))

Player sales get declared in the annual accounts if folk are that interested. As much as I can get wanting to know we're not just buying out contracts, publicising how much we brought in for players would work against us the next time we tried to buy one. We used to get clubs in Scotland trying to bump up yhr value of their players if we were interested because we had "the money" (which, ironically, we did not).

Best of luck to him, hope he kicks on down there and we have a hefty sell on fee.

hopefully will be able to move on Barker and Middleton as well to free up some spaces / wages

Honestly as long as we didn’t end up making a loss I’m just happy one more piece of deadwood is out the door.

Etc? , theres not many more that could go imo.
Hastie and barker, but i would keep middleton.
I would much rather we got rid of Jones, Hastie, Barker & replaced them with maybe 1 versatile player who could play either side. Would be cheaper wage wise too.

Also think there’s the possibility of Simpson or Katic going on loan as 5 CBs when we play 433 doesn’t add up.

Wish him all the best, a low risk gamble that didn't work. But no harm to him I'm sure he will have a good career in the lower leagues down south.

A few years ago when Jones was at Kilmarnock, a mate of mine was playing for Montrose. They both had their end of season trips to Benidorm (IIRC) and were on the same flight. He said that JJ was an absolute embarrassment. Like he had never been on a plane before and generally just annoying everyone on the flight.

Some people are just a pain in the arse with a drink so you could let that slide……

2 years ago he was playing for the under 23’s and we were defending a free kick. Someone I know was there and he was asked to get in the wall. His response was to laugh and came out with “I’m not getting in the wall, I’ve just had me teeth done”.

Good riddance.

I would much rather we got rid of Jones, Hastie, Barker & replaced them with maybe 1 versatile player who could play either side. Would be cheaper wage wise too.

Also think there’s the possibility of Simpson or Katic going on loan as 5 CBs when we play 433 doesn’t add up.
Look at the bench last night, very threadbare.
I cannot see players going on loan unless its middleton , barker or hastie.
I also dont think we can buy till we sell.

I'd still much rather have Jones in the squad than Barker - at least he seems like a footballer.

Does he? When? He put in a great ball against Legia, but that's it. Barker managed to get on the scoresheet last season. They're about even in terms of looking like a player or contributing.

Look at the bench last night, very threadbare.
I cannot see players going on loan unless its middleton , barker or hastie.
I also dont think we can buy till we sell.
That threadbare Katic never even made the bench … We were missing Aribo, Roofe, Kamara, Morelos & Jack.

We’ve slightly shot ourselves in the foot due to the homegrown rules as well. Not enough club grown players means we can’t name a full 25.

Excellent.

I was originally hoping for £2.5m between him and Edmundson, but in all honesty I’d be happy with £500k and a sell on for Jones.

He has some attributes, but they don’t really suit us.

Will always have his two good European performances, so for that I hold no ill will towards him and hope he does well.
I admire your optimism but I doubt even if the sell on clause was 100% that it would amount to a windfall for the club.
A man who wasted his opportunity

Barker is a better footballer than Jones, both technically and tactically.

I think Gerrard felt that too.

Barker was a harder worker, a better attitude and was disciplined enough to play within a set system. Jones has some talent but not enough to indulge other parts of his game/personality.

Back