Jordan Jones Sold to Wigan - Undisclosed Fee

Thank God. Well done Wilson.

I honestly thought we'd be stuck paying his wages for another 2 years while he goes through a succession of poor loans.

To get a fee for him, shows how good he is at his job. In times gone by Jones would've been payed off.

Bye Bye Jordan! Trim the rest like Hastie etc and reinvest that in a proper CL player albeit I'd imagine we need at least the money from the Play Off round of CL before that happens.

What a chance he had and he blew it. I think he’s a good player, shame he just didn’t realise what an opportunity he has with us. Rangers to Wigan, what a let down for him

Probably the best move for us and Jordan.
Thanks for your contribution and all the best in the rest of your career.

Jordan is the prime example of talent not being everything when it comes to playing professional football. He had a good youth career but seems to struggle to maintain his levels.

Disappointed how things worked out for Jordan Jones at Rangers although most of it was self inflicted, almost lunacy at times.

When we signed him I was really excited to see him play for us and improve and become a better player under the coaching staff. We had obviously seen him terrorise teams aswell as ours at times playing for Kilmarnock.

I thought Gerrard and his staff could have coached him into a nice tidy player and with his pace could have been devastating on the wings.

I expected as a boyhood fan realising a lifelong dream he would have come in to the club absolutely determined to be the very best he could be. Working under Steven Gerrard and playing alongside players Like Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Jermain Defeo and Ryan Kent to name just a few. He signed for the club in a period where the trajectory was only going one way. How he has managed to absolutely wreck his dreams and ambitions God only knows.

In fact words don't really do justice to how much he has let the fans down as he lived all our dreams and just pissed it up a wall.

Having said that I wish him well and hope he can screw the nut and save what was once a very promising career.

Good luck Jordan

Could have done a turn for 10 mins at the end there last night as Wright tired, good move for all parties. Strange timing we're reducing an already depleted squad at an important time. Is it just me? I know you can't choose when a club bids for your player and maybe we have others lined up...just a thought

wasn't even good enough at Sunderland last season.

Wigan have now signed Sunderland's top scorer, Sunderland's captain and Sunderland's winger from last season. All 3 were part of a poor season and all 3 weren't good enough. Odd transfer strategy.

Good riddance.

Another one off the wage bill who wasn’t contributing. Good to see.
Unfair to say he was not contributing when the tackle and subsequent injury that followed plus his stupidity on the covid thing led to Stevie G basically wanting rid of him, so not contributing was down to the club not using him to be fair, and he is a decent player who will do well down south.

A daft tackle and playing Russian roulette with 55 by attending a party mid lockdown, that’s more or less all I can remember him for. So delighted he’s out the door.

I know it’s 3 years from 15-21, but I think Middleton might just miss out on it due to when he joined/turned 21.

Would be an added bonus.
You get until the day before you turn 22. Aslong as you sign before you turn 19 you are fine.

He won't count as homegrown club as he had multiple loans in this 3 year period. He would just be homegrown country.

How much did he cost us? Don't think it was that much?

Basically just good getting deadwood off the wage bill. Still a few to go.
He was a free. Signed a pre contract I think on same day as Kamara. Almost a case of the sublime came with the ridiculous. Good luck to him though. Can see him do well down there and us get a sell on fee from some daft overpriced transfer fee. Fingers crossed

Shame. He has the talent however not the application. He will regret this in years to come. A chance gone and he will wake up at night wondering why didn't he apply himself.

Back