Mark Hateley says Colak was a waste of time

Still need opinion based on the facts available at the time. I’m sure Hateley is well aware of his opinion has changed.

The thing about Mark Hateley is that as a striker for Rangers he was almost without equal, but as an ex-player pundit he is just another underwhelming, easily ignored commentator.

He jumped on a bandwagon and he probably now regrets it. To be fair Colak was getting a fair bit of stick from a few in the media and on the forums, it wasnt just Hateley. We judge players far too quickly in scotland, you see it time and time again.
Hateley should have known better. He slated the player as far as writing him off after he had barely featured for Rangers.

Hateley knows how tough it can be when first joining the club as we saw when he was really woeful early on in his start with us which is why I was shocked at his verdict on Colak after a few games.

He jumped on a bandwagon and he probably now regrets it. To be fair Colak was getting a fair bit of stick from a few in the media and on the forums, it wasnt just Hateley. We judge players far too quickly in scotland, you see it time and time again.
We certainly do at Rangers. It's actually frightening how good you need to be instantly for some of the people who support Rangers to be happy. These people seem to forget that players as good as they want at Rangers and the impact they immediately make would be earning £700k per week and going for £200-300m in transfer fees. It's bonkers.

Colak never looked bad since the day he got here and for a ex-professional to jump on that bandwagon was quite frankly embarrassing for him. A fan making that jump is one thing but someone who has played the game at the highest level in several countries was unreal.

Glad Colak is shutting a fair few people up though.

I'm sure Mark regrets what he said regarding Colak. He won't be the first or last to get a player wrong. Its time we also let Mark's comments go.

Maybe we should create a colak appreciation thread instead of this one which is just posters having a pop at hateley every time the guy scores? (And he was shite that night)

He was shite against USG when Hateley made the comments. He isn't going to be raging Colak's now scoring and proving him wrong.

Should bin this thread.
Spot on. Still a few c**k sockets on here don't want to admit that though.

Hateley was right, it was a lack luster performance on the night. He called it out for the right reasons because he cares about Rangers. Colak has gone from strength to strength since then and nobody will be happier for him than big Mark.

Exacrly, we had people write off Grezda, Herrera, Jeffers, Sadiq, Itten...

I fear that Colak will be the new hero for the "there's a player in there" squad.

Fact is that he's looked desparately poor and you don't get unlimited time to prove yourself at Rangers.
Had enough time yet lad?

Folk wanting the thread locked has nothing to do with MH getting stick, they're just got a collective beamer after writing Colak off too soon. Amazing how thrawn people get over being right - or wrong - in their initial judgement of players.

Delighted for Colak.1st goal yesterday was sublime and his 2nd was a great finish from a great bit of play.

Whereas your early opinions on players are inevitably 100% spot on??
No one saying that at all but to judge him after a few games as some poster did was just sheer stupidity.
It's noted that some posters seemed to want us to fail against PSV and Colak not to score as Morelos was not part of the team, these posters need to evaluate who it is they support.

No one saying that at all but to judge him after a few games as some poster did was just sheer stupidity.
It's noted that some posters seemed to want us to fail against PSV and Colak not to score as Morelos was not part of the team, these posters need to evaluate who it is they support.
That’s the point I always try and make.

Rather than give players a chance the same people always jump in cock first and make an arse of themselves.

They never learn.

We all do it though, even subconsciously.
I don't believe anyone wanted us to fail against PSV, to suggest that is, quite frankly, utter nonsense.
We all have differing opinions on players, we all have our favourites and those we're maybe not so enamoured by, it's what football fans do the world over.

That’s the point I always try and make.

Rather than give players a chance the same people always jump in cock first and make an arse of themselves.

They never learn.
It's what happens after every game we don't win or play well.
It'll never change, simply because we're so passionate about our club.

I’m sure big Mark is happy he was wrong. Colak has settled really well. Looks made for us.

Hateley made silly, premature judgement on a player only a couple of weeks into his competitive Ranger's career. He should have known better based on his own experiences.

However, I agree with those posters who say he probably recognises that now and should be allowed to make a mistake and then revise his opinion.

My question would be: has he done so and where is that article? I've not heard a peep.

It's what happens after every game we don't win or play well.
It'll never change, simply because we're so passionate about our club.
There’s tonnes of people who don’t jump in and make stupid knee jerk statements, and they are every bit as passionate about Rangers as those who do.

The match thread is a prime example, it’s absolutely bonkers at the best of times, but it certainly doesn’t mean people spouting garbage regularly love the club more than anyone else.

Back