Mark Hateley says Colak was a waste of time

Its frustrating when a player is well out of sorts we all know that. But when a new player joins the club from a foreign country its only natural that player will more than likely need time to adapt.
You are of course correct, but we have a few of these new players from overseas this season, some much younger and less experienced than Colak and what Hateley said was mild compared to some of the abuse they get on here while they try to adapt and settle in.

If Colak’s to be judged and condemned for one game then Hateley can also be judged and condemned for one comment.

Keep the thread.
Condemned :)) bloody drama queen.

I'll never understand people that like to drag out nothing for as long as possible. Weirdos.

Surprised that Hateley came out with that, took the Big Man a Wee bit of time to settle with us!! He was took quick to make a Judgment!! He had a bad Game, but so did the rest of them,

Yet Hateley singled out Colak! I don't care what and who was slated on here because every cvnt gets it on here by the usual maggots!
Hately singled out Colak, what, 6 games ago when he was pish and folk still can't let it go :))

A thread of odd balls dragging something absolutely irrelevant on for as long as possible.

On the rare chances he’s been given, he’s shown himself to be a very good finisher. Granted some haven’t stood but Blackpool (offside), Spurs (goal) and Livingston (offside) have all been very tidy finishes. He also actually works the back line well. Last night he didn’t but on Saturday I made a point from the stands of watching him and his movement was actually very good but on at least 3 occasions in the second half, we didn’t pick up on it. Kamara was the guilty party twice and instead of playing him in, he went to his old comfort blanket of working it out wide.

Further more, ive heard he is doing very well in training and his finishing is exceptional. I find it really bemusing he’s being made the whipping boy here when he’s getting next to nothing in service and the boss wants to play 3 defensive midfielders for nearly 70 mins last night.

Perhaps it should be the manager and the players behind him getting the grief here.

Who knows, maybe last night he was told to stay central and not to go looking for things until the ball was in and around the box? There’s a thought.

This post looks more and more bang on the money with every passing day (and goal).

It was also interesting to see Colak’s movement pulling the central defender right out the way for Lawrence to bullet in his free header at Easter Road. Not bad for a striker who supposedly has terrible movement. :)

I’m rapidly developing proper man love for Colak :))

Hately singled out Colak, what, 6 games ago when he was pish and folk still can't let it go :))

A thread of odd balls dragging something absolutely irrelevant on for as long as possible.

that will be the maggots on here writing players off after one missed place pass!

Hateley should have known better being an ex player.
Exactly, it's to be expected that fans go over the top with criticism but for an ex player to do it after one game and single him out was ridiculous. Especially when the whole team was shite that night

He was shite against USG when Hateley made the comments. He isn't going to be raging Colak's now scoring and proving him wrong.

Should bin this thread.
Not for me.
It’s always worthwhile knowing that even successful professional footballers can get it wrong.
Maybe this is why he hasn’t been a successful coach or manager.

The only thing that might worry me about Colak is that we overdo the one-striker stuff again, have one real fit striker like we had Morelos last season and once that striker gets injured/suspended/drained, we are left with folk that hardly played and get put under the microscope like hell.

IMHO, we should have 2 strikers in games like today and rotate the squad wisely.

He looked nothing like Herrera even in the early games.

He was constantly chasing down the ball and space. He was making runs or looking to get into gaps.

Nothing of which either Herrera or Itten could do.

Just accept if you were one of those guys writing him off so early that yer full of shite and know fuckall.

Mark was terrible when he first joined. Coming back from injury. Can’t judge a player until they settle and get fit and work out the way the team play

He was shite against USG when Hateley made the comments. He isn't going to be raging Colak's now scoring and proving him wrong.

Should bin this thread.
It was a clever comment by big mark as colak has kicked on brilliantly, he was very poor against the belgians

It was a clever comment by big mark as colak has kicked on brilliantly, he was very poor against the belgians
When I am watching a match, every time I think and mention that a player should be subbed, he pops up and scores a goal for us.
Of course, I keep this trick for the big games nowadays. :shh:

I think he should have held his own counsel on that, but i also think the context of his remark makes a difference. But Colak certainly showing great form since then.

You could see it weeks ago. Some people just don't like to admit what is staring them in the face.

He's rotten. The same way we knew Herrera was rotten after a few games as well. He's not suddenly going to turn into a world beater at 28-29.

He has started 5 games in a row which is more of a run than Cedric Itten ever got for us.
Good afternoon.

You could see it weeks ago. Some people just don't like to admit what is staring them in the face.

He's rotten. The same way we knew Herrera was rotten after a few games as well. He's not suddenly going to turn into a world beater at 28-29.

He has started 5 games in a row which is more of a run than Cedric Itten ever got for us.
Have you ever considered a career in scouting?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Hatleys comments were made after the first CL game in France, where Colac was ineffective, I doubt anyone would be happier than him that he is hitting the ground now running, trust me he will be chuffed like the rest of us.

Back