Michael Beale - Joining Rangers confirmed

Head coach if U5-U11 at liverpool... straight into a first team role at us i presume?

Not for me and I don’t give a f*ck how well thought of he is. He is well thought of teaching 8 year olds.
To be fair mate he was previously manager of Liverpool under 23's and assistant manager of Sao Paulo guys got a very impressive cv.

You sound gutted that you can't read it. Shall we get him to redo it with pictures for you?
Instead of trying to be funny... put me in my place with facts?

How is this guy going to be good for us? Tell me with cold hard facts since you all know so much abou him?

How is this guy going to be good for us? Tell me with cold hard facts since you all know so much abou him?

Michael Beale returned to the LFC Academy in the new role of head of coaching for the foundation phase, in September 2017.

Beale had previously spent more than four years at the Reds’ youth base in Kirkby, latterly as the manager of the club’s U23s team.

In December 2016, he departed for a fresh challenge in Brazil with Sao Paulo, but was delighted to come back to the Academy nine months later.

“Being a youth developer, it is fantastic for me to be back at the Academy and coaching the young players,” said Beale, whose remit will include not only creating skilled footballers but coaches too.

“I will be head of coaching from the U5 to U11 phase. The job will lead to me working across many of the age groups but that’s my sole responsibility now and it’s one I am really looking forward to.

“We are a world-class football club, but with that the game changes and we want to make sure we are at the forefront of youth development.

“I love youth development and there’s no other club I would rather be doing that than here at Liverpool.”

Now bearing in mind the quality of youth Liverpool produce why wouldn't you want a guy like that around our Academy.

Michael Beale returned to the LFC Academy in the new role of head of coaching for the foundation phase, in September 2017.

Beale had previously spent more than four years at the Reds’ youth base in Kirkby, latterly as the manager of the club’s U23s team.

In December 2016, he departed for a fresh challenge in Brazil with Sao Paulo, but was delighted to come back to the Academy nine months later.

“Being a youth developer, it is fantastic for me to be back at the Academy and coaching the young players,” said Beale, whose remit will include not only creating skilled footballers but coaches too.

“I will be head of coaching from the U5 to U11 phase. The job will lead to me working across many of the age groups but that’s my sole responsibility now and it’s one I am really looking forward to.

“We are a world-class football club, but with that the game changes and we want to make sure we are at the forefront of youth development.

“I love youth development and there’s no other club I would rather be doing that than here at Liverpool.”

Now bearing in mind the quality of youth Liverpool produce why wouldn't you want a guy like that around our Academy.

Ok but you still havent given me facts?

Everyone said Murty was just a youth coach and isnt good enough to be taking our first team.

This guy coaches YOUNGER than murty did.

He was at liverpool and chelsea but not their first team.

Get your head out the sand boys. He carries a great reputation for the person he is and his youth coaching. I won’t take that away from him but there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest he can handle the role he has been given.

You can't give really facts for something that hasn't happened yet.

Coaching their first team?

He started at the bottom and has worked his way up through the coaching pathway. Dipped his toes in the managerial waters with his Assistants role at Sao Paolo and has been linked with managerial appointments in England since he returned. Put it this way, he has more experience than our Manager - whom you, apparently, fully support.

You’ve written him off as a kids coach when, quite clearly, he has much more in his CV than that.

Reckon you've got a bug, its cuntaigous.(see what I did there) If you're a bear fair enough but you don't half sound like a fucking crash barrier.
suck has all my details and i have met people to give them tickets

I’ll never apologise for having an opinion. Because i don’t agree with you im a mentally challenged? Ok mate.

Everyone said Murty was just a youth coach and isnt good enough to be taking our first team.

Get your head out the sand boys. He carries a great reputation for the person he is and his youth coaching. I won’t take that away from him but there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest he can handle the role he has been given.

Who said 1st Team? From what I can make of it he will take the job Murty left and was offered to return to

He started at the bottom and has worked his way up through the coaching pathway. Dipped his toes in the managerial waters with his Assistants role at Sao Paolo and has been linked with managerial appointments in England since he returned. Put it this way, he has more experience than our Manager - whom you, apparently, fully support.

You’ve written him off as a kids coach when, quite clearly, he has much more in his CV than that.
He worked his way up through the pathway... so tell me the ages he has coached at then?

Im asking for facts not some noncey story about how he once was assistant at SP for a few months.

Mate u don't even know for a "fact" that he's coming to work with our first team.

And if he does, he has more first team experience than Gerrard.

Shows just how deluded people are - Beale is very well regarded within the game and coaching circles

he will be a very astute appointment for us.
he is very well regarded AS A YOUTH COACH

If we have brought him here to coach our accademy then yes - astute business by us.

He worked his way up through the pathway... so tell me the ages he has coached at then?

Im asking for facts not some noncey story about how he once was assistant at SP for a few months.

He’s exactly what we need” – Trent Alexander-Arnold hailed as future of Liverpool and England
Jack Lusby
13 July 2017

Trent Alexander-Arnold swift progress at Liverpool stands as an example of the “modern English player,” ex-Reds U23s coach Michael Beale believes.

Beale managed Alexander-Arnold at both U16 and U23 level at Kirkby, before the 18-year-old made the step up to Jurgen Klopp‘s first team last season.

Starting at right-back in the Reds’ opening pre-season friendly away to Tranmere Rovers on Wednesday night, the youngster looks capable of challenging for a starting berth in 2017/18.

And Beale, speaking to BBC Radio Merseyside this week, said that while his breakthrough could come in defence, Alexander-Arnold has an exemplary talent to shine in a variety of roles.

“He started as a young winger, that was his thing, and when I first came to Liverpool he was playing as a central defender,” he explained.

“I remember having a bet with a member of staff at Liverpool at the time to say that he would play in the first team.

“He was just head and shoulders above everybody else, and that was as a central defender.

“Then he broke into the U16s when I was coach, playing as a full-back, but in his own age group he would play as a midfielder.

“When I moved up Pepijn [Lijnders] came in and continued the base as a midfielder, and then he’s obviously gone up to the first team as a right-back.

“I think at the moment we’re just happy that he’s playing, but you can see as a right-back that he has the ability to play on the wing, or the ability as a midfielder.

“He has fantastic technical ability, and hopefully this is a sign of the modern English player: that they are flexible, but also exciting with it.”

Alexander-Arnold was left out of the England squad for the European U19 Championship this summer in order to focus on pre-season with Liverpool.

His return to Melwood last week saw him sign an improved, five-year contract with the Reds, and Beale praised Klopp for his role in nurturing a talent who could be a star for the Three Lions.

“He’s exactly what we need, and I’m speaking specifically as a Liverpool fan, I’m talking about the whole country,” he said.

“We need homegrown players from their local city to come through that are focused and have good mentors around them.

“He surprised me even, because he’s so slight but he’s grown.

“You always knew he would grow, he’s got long arms and legs and he’s very bony, but he’s growing. He’s growing as a person as well.

“I think the first-team staff deserve a huge credit, because what Jurgen did when he first came in was take five or six players and take them to Melwood.

“He let them stay there for a number of weeks, to be around the senior players and learn off them.

“It’s like an old reserve-team situation: they were there every day, learning from them. He shows a real interest in them, and I think that’s key.”

However, while Beale lavished praise on a player he clearly feels is the jewel of Liverpool’s academy, he was also eager to dampen expectations.

“I’m keen that we can keep his feet on the floor and not talk too highly about him because he’s achieved a lot, but achieved nothing compared to what he wants to achieve,” he added.

“I think when he gets to 100 games we can start talking about a good player.”

Set to challenge Nathaniel Clyne for a place in Klopp’s first-choice lineup this season, Alexander-Arnold’s century could come sooner rather than later.

More: Michael Beale, Trent Alexander-Arnold

▌ More from This Is Anfield

Major development in government’s approach to safe-standing in Premier League

8 Liverpool players heading to the World Cup

Loris Karius’ concussion doctors release statement on scan results

Liverpool learn extent of UEFA punishment after Man City incident

Liverpool dismiss Sadio Mane to Real Madrid claims as “nonsense”

Can’s Juventus medical and latest on Reds’ goalkeepers – Liverpool FC News Roundup

Fan Comments

Independent Liverpool Football Club Website
Online since 2001

About Advertising Contact Privacy Preferences

© Copyright This Is Anfield 2018

He's a very well regarded youth coach - that counts for something. That's far more experience than many managers have.

Unless you believe no youth coach can ever make that step into the first team?

All the way up to u23 and then moved into the Assistants role at SP. Seems a fairly ‘normal’ career progression to me. Seems more logical than appointing some former player who’s coaching credentials may be questionable to say the least - which is the route that we and many other clubs have often gone down.

Hows that? Because he was the sao paolo assistant manager for half a year, then the liverpool u11s coach and i think not good enough.... yet i have made an arse of it?

But but but hes wrote a book.

He pumped yer missus it something?

As said above, do some proper research on him.

He's a very well regarded youth coach - that counts for something. That's far more experience than many managers have.

Unless you believe no youth coach can ever make that step into the first team?
I get what your saying...

And what I am saying is we already took a gamble with SG. I expected him to bring an experienced back team with him who know how to get a team ticking.

Not someone who trains kids barely out of primary school yet.

Again - if he has came as a youth coach then everything I have said is mute, i’m allowed to have an opinion without being called a mentally challenged, surely?

So someone gives you a fact and it’s “noncey” ?

KNY back away from the thread you are having a fucking nightmare son.
This guy is extremely well though off in the game in the UK. If you don’t know anything it’s best not to say anything.
Do you know if he’s coming in as a youth coach?

And what I am saying is we already took a gamble with SG. I expected him to bring an experienced back team with him who know how to get a team ticking.

Again - if he has came as a youth coach then everything I have said is mute, i’m allowed to have an opinion without being called a mentally challenged, surely?

Absolutely. But with no pretention or anything intended, your original comment didn't really debate as such. I can see why so many jumped on it.

Indeed. It's called a career path and progression. Maybe even gaining relevant experience.

If he was being called in as manager of our first team, or even assistant manager, I could maybe just about get the point that isn't getting made very well in this thread.

However, to work as part of a coaching team, with the degree of experience he has already, presents no problem to me. This isn't a key appointment at our club.

His first Team will consist of McCallister who has managed Leeds, Coventry and been interim of Villa. Milsom a Fitness Coach who was Liverpool's 1st Team Fitness before Gerrard asked Klopp if he could take him with him to the Under 21's there doesn't appear space for 1st Team. As I said I believe he is taking Murtys old job.

Absolutely. But with no pretention or anything intended, your original comment didn't really debate as such. I can see why so many jumped on it.
We have just finished one of our worst seasons in history with a “well thought of” youth coach taking our first team sessions.

We now have a rookie manager in to try and fix it... and i’m not over the moon with his coaching staff being “well thought of” youth coaches

Well build my fucking gallows.

You’re allowed an opinion without being a f*cking dick about it too.

[QUOTE="Again - if he has came as a youth coach then everything I have said is mute, i’m allowed to have an opinion without being called a mentally challenged, surely?[/QUOTE]

Apologies lad. Barbarossa has cleared it up nicely. :D

What role has he been given?

Back