Michael Beale - Joining Rangers confirmed

Nice to see the usual rampant fuddery that always finds its way into a new coach/manager/player/tea-lady thread. Even if it's just poor wee Kny ploughing a lone furrow of fuddery on this occasion. In fact it makes it even funnier.

Well done son, well done.

In fairness, Kny has managed to turn a pretty routine thread into an absolutely hilarious one :D

Head coach if U5-U11 at liverpool... straight into a first team role at us i presume?

Not for me and I don’t give a f*ck how well thought of he is. He is well thought of teaching 8 year olds.
Foundations man we need to lay foundations to build from.

I did not know anything about Michael Beale so I looked at the Liverpool FC website. it said all the stuff at is already posted but the bit on the website I liked. was the bit 'whose remit will include not only creating skilled footballers but coaches too'. so Liverpool think he is good enough even after he left for a new job a took him back. so maybe it is just me but somebody who is shit at their job if they leave to go to a other job. you do not welcome them back with open arms if they come back looking for a job. so Liverpool must think a lot of him to give him the job of creating skilled footballers and coaches.

Ok but you still havent given me facts?

Everyone said Murty was just a youth coach and isnt good enough to be taking our first team.

This guy coaches YOUNGER than murty did.

He was at liverpool and chelsea but not their first team.

Get your head out the sand boys. He carries a great reputation for the person he is and his youth coaching. I won’t take that away from him but there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest he can handle the role he has been given.

Because no one ever in a job, stepped up a level from where they were vastly experienced and succeeded at the next level, ever.

Head coach if U5-U11 at liverpool... straight into a first team role at us i presume?

Not for me and I don’t give a f*ck how well thought of he is. He is well thought of teaching 8 year olds.
2qvcp41.gif

Ok but you still havent given me facts?

Everyone said Murty was just a youth coach and isnt good enough to be taking our first team.

This guy coaches YOUNGER than murty did.

He was at liverpool and chelsea but not their first team.

Get your head out the sand boys. He carries a great reputation for the person he is and his youth coaching. I won’t take that away from him but there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest he can handle the role he has been given.

Give it a rest, numerous people have taken the time to point out his credentials.

Someone qualified and experienced in coaching kids through their very earliest experiences of football and who gets the chance to ensure that they are picking up the right basics from formative years?

To be honest, if we take him into Rangers and let him loose on the first team then nothing was learned from Murty and someone should be sacked.

It would be a monumental leap forward to have someone like that running the development setup though.

Someone qualified and experienced in coaching kids through their very earliest experiences of football and who gets the chance to ensure that they are picking up the right basics from formative years?

To be honest, if we take him into Rangers and let him loose on the first team then someone should be sacked.

It would be a monumental leap forward to have someone like that running the development setup though.

Have you actually bothered to read the whole thread or just stopped at one of the first few comments?

To be honest, if we take him into Rangers and let him loose on the first team then nothing was learned from Murty and someone should be sacked.

Calm Doon Rab.

Ding ding ding we have another nutter.

This is what I mea

Your 2 villages are looking for you lads.

CV Currently reads as follows, so three years of seniors development in addition to managing age groups.

Sept 2017 – Liverpool FC Head of Coaching Foundation Phase (5-11yrs)
Jan 2017 to July 2017 Sao Paulo Futebol Clube – Assistant Manager
2016-17 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u23 Manager
2015-16 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u21 Manager
2014-15 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u21 Manager
2013-14 Liverpool FC Head of YDP u16/u15 coach & assistant u21
2012-13 Liverpool FC Head of YDP u16/u15 coach & assistant u21 coach
2011-12 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u14 coach
2010-11 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u14 coach
2009-10 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u14 coach
2008-09 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u13 coach
2007-08 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u10 coach
2006-07 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u10 coach
2005-06 Chelsea FC u10 coach & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
2004-05 Chelsea FC u10 coach & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
2003-04 Chelsea FC u8 Head coach/u9 Assistant & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
2002-03 Chelsea FC Development centre coach u6-u9

I’m stunned at the lack of faith around Steven Gerrard’s appointments that our fans are showing already.

Transfer targets, staff additions and friendlies all being ridiculed and we’re only 5 days into his reign.

Let’s get behind the new regime ffs.

I’m surprised you expected anything else on here mate!

Really getting sick of FF.

The new board is absolutely brutal. You have guys going mental about the appointment of Beale who have only just scanned his front page on Wiki. Then they make some bizarre judgements that he's not good enough.

Name me another coach in the entire world of football?

Most guys don't even know the set up of how training a team like Rangers works.

A right shit show.

Amen!

That’s some real selective madness. Look at his whole CV and tell me he doesn’t have the pedigree to coach. A far better coaching pedigree than arguably anyone on our coaching staff in a good number of years.

CV Currently reads as follows, so three years of seniors development in addition to managing age groups.

Sept 2017 – Liverpool FC Head of Coaching Foundation Phase (5-11yrs)
Jan 2017 to July 2017 Sao Paulo Futebol Clube – Assistant Manager
2016-17 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u23 Manager
2015-16 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u21 Manager
2014-15 Liverpool FC Senior Development Coach / u21 Manager
2013-14 Liverpool FC Head of YDP u16/u15 coach & assistant u21
2012-13 Liverpool FC Head of YDP u16/u15 coach & assistant u21 coach
2011-12 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u14 coach
2010-11 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u14 coach
2009-10 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u14 coach
2008-09 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u13 coach
2007-08 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u10 coach
2006-07 Chelsea FC Full time youth development officer & u10 coach
2005-06 Chelsea FC u10 coach & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
2004-05 Chelsea FC u10 coach & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
2003-04 Chelsea FC u8 Head coach/u9 Assistant & Head dev. centre coach u6-u9
2002-03 Chelsea FC Development centre coach u6-u9
Aye, but you've no gave us any facts!!

Hows that? Because he was the sao paolo assistant manager for half a year, then the liverpool u11s coach and i think not good enough.... yet i have made an arse of it?

But but but hes wrote a book.

Ffs mate give it a rest.No matter what anyone thinks he’s here so live with it.

Hows that? Because he was the sao paolo assistant manager for half a year, then the liverpool u11s coach and i think not good enough.... yet i have made an arse of it?

But but but hes wrote a book.
Mate UR in a 8 foot fuking hole and up to UR neck in it.
Chuck that fuking spade oot of the hole Noo!!!

Craig Mulholland seems to be doing a great job as it is

Yes he does but I think that adding someone with great credentials in youth development will add even more.

Youth development should, IMO, be just as important as the first team at a football club. It’s where the future players are developed to go into the first team, or to be sold on to generate profit.
Someone with vast experience of coaching all ages of youth football can only add to the setup at Rangers.
Crucially, our appointments do appear to be coordinated and part of a vision of Mark Allen and Steven Gerrard so a I would hope that Mulholland is involved if Beale is getting brought in around the development setup.

Coaching at this level is also very different to first team coaching - I don’t think there’s anything wrong with recognising that. The goal of everyone who goes into coaching isn’t necessarily to manage a first team.

The most hilarious aspect of this is the two slagging of Beale would be delighted if Robbie Fowler was brought in as part of Gerrards backroom staff.

Back