Michael Beale - Joining Rangers confirmed

I’m stunned at the lack of faith around Steven Gerrard’s appointments that our fans are showing already.

Transfer targets, staff additions and friendlies all being ridiculed and we’re only 5 days into his reign.

Let’s get behind the new regime ffs.

Just wait until he loses a game. It will be armegeddon

He worked his way up through the pathway... so tell me the ages he has coached at then?

Im asking for facts not some noncey story about how he once was assistant at SP for a few months.

Here's a fact, Steve Gerrard has never managed a team.

Do you still want him?

You’re fully in favour of Steven Gerrard taking over our first team - despite having far less coaching experience than Michael Beale - but are happy to shit on MB’s credentials. Why?
Because I know gerrard will attract names.... i was just hoping he brought in an extremely experienced backroom team with him to do the rest... :D

I’m stunned at the lack of faith around Steven Gerrard’s appointments that our fans are showing already.

Transfer targets, staff additions and friendlies all being ridiculed and we’re only 5 days into his reign.

Typical follow follow , no middle ground.

You are either mad for it and on the 55 express or everything is shite.:D

Don't know anything about him but seen a lot of Liverpool fans commenting on it when it was mentioned as a rumour a few weeks ago that he would be coming. They were not happy about it and wanted to keep him which says it all for me.

Some people just aren't happy unless they're greetin like %^*&. Victor Meldrew syndrome. Personally I'm delighted, welcome Mr Beale.

No fucking wonder, you’re coming across as beyond retarded. ‘Give me proof’, Gets proof, ignores, acts like a fucking fanny.
I asked for facts to convince me he is a great first team coach and got

“He was assistant at SP for how ever many months”

Shit the bed i’m over the moon now.

Really? So he’s wrote a book.

How the %^*& does that better qualify him to be a first team coach?

Head out the sand.

His most recent role was coaching and developing the coaches of those age groups, not the actual kids themselves and it was a role specifically created to get his experience and knowledge back within the club. As others have said already he was previously the u23 manager at Liverpool, assistant manager at sau Paulo and has knocked back a few managers jobs. Head in the sand indeed. Deary me.

Welcome aboard Michael Beale
Here's wishing you every success in your new role at our club
Hope you (& us) enjoy every minute of it & we share the glory together

One word of warning- we are a very fickle bunch at the best of times- but deep down we all want what's best for the club & a few of us even moan when we get it
But please don't let that put you off

His most recent role was coaching and developing the coaches of those age groups, not the actual kids themselves and it was a role specifically created to get his experience and knowledge back within the club. As others have said already he was previously the u23 manager at Liverpool, assistant manager at sau Paulo and has knocked back a few managers jobs. Head in the sand indeed. Deary me.
Ok so he coached coaches, teaching them how to coach weans? Ahhhh thats my opinion well and trully changed.

Gerrard the charismatic front man, McAllister the wise old fox beside him and the tactics wizard Michael Beale in the background. On paper that’s a good backroom mix.

Gerrard the charismatic front man, McAllister the wise old fox beside him and the tactics wizard Michael Beale in the background. On paper that’s a good backroom mix.
This is what I mean... based on f*cking what is he a tactics wizard?

Its blind faith.

6 months ago I bet everyone jizzing their pants had never even heard of him unless you played FM.

Happy to be proved wrong but underwhelmed as it stands.

Its blind faith.

6 months ago I bet everyone jizzing their pants had never even heard of him unless you played FM.

It’s only underwhelming if you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old, which you seem to have tbf.

It’s only underwhelming if you have the reading comprehension of a 5 year old, which you seem to have tbf.
You can tell my reading comprehension based on my opinion of a youth coach?

Fookin ell.

His most recent role was coaching and developing the coaches of those age groups, not coaching the actual kids themselves and it was a role specifically created to get his experience and knowledge back within the club. As others have said already he was previously the u23 manager at Liverpool, assistant manager at sau Paulo and has knocked back a few managers jobs. Head in the sand indeed. Deary me.

Its blind faith.

Kny, Spart7 has just posted a good summary. I didn't know any of that, Spart7, so thanks for the information.

If it is correct that Beale was most recently employed to develop and train coaches at Liverpool, then that suggests to me that a massive Premiership club have a huge amount of faith in his ability as a coach.

I'm going to ask you, Kny, why don't you have any faith in his coaching abilities? What is it that you know about his abilities that leaves you so convinced the guy is nowhere near good enough to be employed by Gerrard at Rangers when Klopp and Liverpool FC clearly have a good deal of faith in him?

Really getting sick of FF.

The new board is absolutely brutal. You have guys going mental about the appointment of Beale who have only just scanned his front page on Wiki. Then they make some bizarre judgements that he's not good enough.

Name me another coach in the entire world of football?

Most guys don't even know the set up of how training a team like Rangers works.

A right shit show.

You can tell my reading comprehension based on my opinion of a youth coach?

Fookin ell.
Yes, because several people have detailed to you why it would be at least an interesting, if not good appointment, however you seem stuck up on the the fact he has written a book and that this somehow makes him a bad coach. But hey, if you want to write off the guy that’s worked with two of the best youth academies in the world in Chelsea & Liverpool and experienced top level and high pressure coaching at one of the biggest clubs in the world in São Paulo then go ahead. Let me ask you though, do you think Danny McGrain, or whoever works with Lennon or McInness could ever get jobs like that?

Hows that? Because he was the sao paolo assistant manager for half a year, then the liverpool u11s coach and i think not good enough.... yet i have made an arse of it?

But but but hes wrote a book.

Engage brain and think for a moment. Would Liverpool of taken him back if he was useless?

%^*& me. We've managed to secure a well thought of coach and FF somehow still descends into a tit for tat.

Just cast your mind back to the backroom staff we've employed over the last 10 years and tell me again how this is somehow supposed to be a bad move?

Too many folk Beale-ing for no reason.

Head coach if U5-U11 at liverpool... straight into a first team role at us i presume?

Not for me and I don’t give a f*ck how well thought of he is. He is well thought of teaching 8 year olds.

frankly-sir-youre-an-idiot.jpg

Really getting sick of FF.

The new board is absolutely brutal. You have guys going mental about the appointment of Beale who have only just scanned his front page on Wiki. Then they make some bizarre judgements that he's not good enough.

Name me another coach in the entire world of football?

Most guys don't even know the set up of how training a team like Rangers works.

A right shit show.

To be fair there only seems to be one dissenter on this thread. :cool:

A few could be crash barriers whose arses are quaking as much as when they visit their local priest.

Kny, Spart7 has just posted a good summary. I didn't know any of that, Spart7, so thanks for the information.

If it is correct that Beale was most recently employed to develop and train coaches at Liverpool, then that suggests to me that a massive Premiership club have a huge amount of faith in his ability as a coach.

I'm going to ask you, Kny, why don't you have any faith in his coaching abilities? What is it that you know about his abilities that leaves you so convinced the guy is nowhere near good enough to be employed by Gerrard at Rangers when Klopp and Liverpool FC clearly have a good deal of faith in him?

Don't want to give kny an aneurysm here but I suggested on another thread that beale will be the person that actually makes us tick. Gerrard will be the big name face and attract players we might not otherwise get. McAllister will be the experienced head he can get advice from and the buffer between him and the players. I compared beale to klopp's right hand man arsenal were reportedly wanting (nicknamed the brain). Works away in the background, virtually unknown to the average punter but absolutely crucial to the success of the team, it's philosophy and how we improve moving forward. Might just be the most important piece of the jigsaw imo.

Head coach if U5-U11 at liverpool... straight into a first team role at us i presume?

Not for me and I don’t give a f*ck how well thought of he is. He is well thought of teaching 8 year olds.
I dont know anything about the guy im guessing the manager does and rates him unless you dont want to back Gerrard whats the problem.

I'm so happy with the positivity surrounding Rangers now, we really are turning a corner now in our approach.

It's most welcome.

Sorry to play devil’s advocate but haven’t we said this many times before? I will believe we have turned a corner when we start winning consistently against everyone bar Celtic and at least winning 50% of our matches against them. I’d love for the fairy tale to work out but I’ll believe it when I see it. For now I really don’t believe the hype.

Beale has guided 18 players from youths into the Liverpool first team.

He's worked alongside Rodgers, Klopp, Clement and Holland, with Liverpool's head of academy and director of football operations. He was assistant manager to Ceni at Sao Paulo. Experience of running development side, under 23's, 6, 7, 8 year olds and upwards. Clearly rated inside Melwood and at Liverpool.

A quick scan of Google and he's known for his tactical side of the game, both offensively and defensively. He gave the game up at 21 and has been involves in coaching ever since.

spent nearly a decade at Chelsea, from 2003 to 2012, in a number of different roles. He worked his way up the age groups, starting off as a development centre coach for players under the age of nine and finishing off as a full-time youth development officer. He then moved to Liverpool, where he continued his progression up to becoming the senior development coach, as well as the under-23 manager.

Back