Official Michael Stewart has just had to apologise on Twitter to Jim Traynor and Rangers FC

Rangers should slap him down with a small statement. That would get it highighted more, and he'd hate that.

He's fishing and stirring, and no no doubt some of our support will give him the ammo to become the 'victim'.

Let him disappear into insignificance and tweet cryptic messages. Our existence is enough to have him frothing and foaming at the mouth B-D

Don't know anything about civil litigation.On what he has said, I would have thought there would be a good case to sue him.Surely it can't be a simple matter of apologise and we kiss and make up.If it is, there is absolutely no deterrent factor for the likes of Stewart,Hartson and Sutton to reel it in at all.Anybody know more about these things.

Don't know anything about civil litigation.On what he has said, I would have thought there would be a good case to sue him.Surely it can't be a simple matter of apologise and we kiss and make up.If it is, there is absolutely no deterrent factor for the likes of Stewart,Hartson and Sutton to reel it in at all.Anybody know more about these things.
Traynor will probably be aware that just by apologising this will massively hurt the reptiles ego.

You follow Stewart on Twitter??
I assume you don't follow Stewart am I correct?

And you were living your life, nice and happy, when you went online and read that Michael Stewart has apologised for comments he made.

You don't follow Michael Stewart, but you were made aware that he apologied.

Is it possible the OP has the same situation?

That video is disturbing.... what a fucking wank he is.. remarkable he is still on the BBC after excusing racism like that.
The striking thing about that clip is how clearly the presenter “Kenny” is aware of the hole Stewart is digging and tries desperately to help him out so many times. Eventually he gives up and takes to shouting in between Stewarts rants how it’s not the BBC’s view, how the bbc values balance and that it’s Mick’s personal opinion.

Not because they need to uphold principles against bias reporting but this was EXACTLY the type of one sided unbalanced attack the bbc and Stewart in particular had recently been accused of and im very sure in the months and years leading up to this they will have been sat down by a bbc boss and spefically told to be smarter and more sleakit when they’re smearing rangers. This rant is the opposite

You can almost imagining “Kenny” standing in his chair waving his arms at him and mouthing “FUCKIN STOP!”

The striking thing about that clip is how clearly the presenter “Kenny” is aware of the hole Stewart is digging and tries desperately to help him out so many times. Eventually he gives up and takes to shouting in between Stewarts rants how it’s not the BBC’s view, how the bbc values balance and that it’s Mick’s personal opinion.

Not because they need to uphold principles against bias reporting but this was EXACTLY the type of one sided unbalanced attack the bbc and Stewart in particular had recently been accused of and im very sure in the months and years leading up to this they will have been sat down by a bbc boss and spefically told to be smarter and more sleakit when they’re smearing rangers. This rant is the opposite

You can almost imagining “Kenny” standing in his chair waving his arms at him and mouthing “FUCKIN STOP!”

He defended it to Rio Ferdinand on Twitter at near enough the height of the recent BLM stuff. He's toxic outside of BBC Scotland imo and that's consequence enough imo. He'll be stuck as a failed trialist, failed MSP and now a failed pundit.

Make sure this post/apology is screen grabbed and bears should be posting onto their own social media accounts. And keep posting it.

Stewart will take the apology down, of that there is zero doubt.

I assume you don't follow Stewart am I correct?

And you were living your life, nice and happy, when you went online and read that Michael Stewart has apologised for comments he made.

You don't follow Michael Stewart, but you were made aware that he apologied.

Is it possible the OP has the same situation?

someone retweeted it thats why I read it.

He defended it to Rio Ferdinand on Twitter at near enough the height of the recent BLM stuff. He's toxic outside of BBC Scotland imo and that's consequence enough imo. He'll be stuck as a failed trialist, failed MSP and now a failed pundit.
He obviously shouldn’t work for the state owned broadcaster who are mandated by their own Trust to provide balance and reasonable joirnalism. Once you’ve been shown to be incapable of that you should be sacked from the bbcm whichever arm of the corporation you are employed by.

The BBC’s often trotted out line “he doesn’t work for the bbc, he’s an independent contractor” is just pathetic to be honest. While he’s independently contracted by you to work on your platform then he should be bound by the rules of the Trust. Crisp face Gary Lineker seems to get carte blanche to say what he likes due to this technicality.

Plenty other media organisations out there without the same government mandated commitments to balance where you can be as one sided as the law and your conscience will allow.

This particular level of slander wouldn’t have avoided getting sued regardless who published it as it’s clearly an angry man venting some pretty serious, very personal and completely unproven accusations.

Last edited:
He obviously shouldn’t work for the state owned broadcaster who are mandated by their own Trust to provide balance and reasonable joirnalism. Once you’ve been shown to be incapable of that you should be sacked from the bbcm whichever arm of the corporation you are employed by.

The BBC’s often trotted out line “he doesn’t work for the bbc, he’s an independent contractor” is just pathetic to be honest. Wile he’s independently contracted by you to work on your Plato’s then he should be bound by the rules of the Trust. Crisp face Gary Lineker seems to get carte blanche to say what he likes due to this technicality.

Plenty other media organisations out there without the same government mandated commitments to balance where you can be as one sided as the law and your conscience will allow.

This particulate level of slander wouldn’t have avoided getting sued regardless who published it as it’s clearly an angry man venting some pretty serious and completely unproven accusations.

The BBC are a joke whichever side of the border you're on.

Thanks, mate - bookmarked.
His whiskey tweet referencing a ’palatable 10 year old’ is obviously a sly dig about us too.

Apart from anything else the guy just seems like a childish wanker you have to ask why the bbc are so willing to stand by him? Hes a terrible pundit, has shown a strong bias in politics and football and has been pulled up numerous times. He’s reinforcing an existing opinion the bbc are biased against rangers. Weird hill to die on

He’s an “independent contractor” anyway so he only gets his weekly gig when you phone to book him, weekly. Just stop booking him

I never saw his original comments. Is it possible he’s had a letter from Traynors lawyer and been forced to apologise?
More than likely as these things sometimes take a while to filter through to an end conclusion. Maybe he’s also been advised by his clients ( BBC )

The lack of self awareness this clown has is extraordinary

“Someone stoking fires for their own personal gain”, “no personal responsibility for comments made”

Irony of the scale

He’s decided he is better off taking a stance against us at every single turn, he sees us waving union jacks and it upsets him, he is incapable of separating his own personal political views when it comes to how he views our club

He sees the support he gets from rest of Scottish football as a pass to be against us in everything he does

He really is the arseholes arsehole

His whiskey tweet referencing a ’palatable 10 year old’ is obviously a sly dig about us too.

Apart from anything else the guy just seems like a childish wanker you have to ask why the bbc are so willing to stand by him? Hes a terrible pundit, has shown a strong bias in politics and football and has been pulled up numerous times. He’s reinforcing an existing opinion the bbc are biased against rangers. Weird hill to die on

He’s an “independent contractor” anyway so he only gets his weekly gig when you phone to book him, weekly. Just stop booking him

It may be, but as he is an employee of Celtic (Celtic tv work) he should be careful about tweeting palatable 10 year old with wink emojis.

He's an absolutely filthy bastard.

His earlier tweet about enjoying a ten year old and talking about cancerous people is a clear dig at a certain person involved in this case.

A despicable filthy subhuman degenerate bastard.
He’s not even that good Mark.

That Bury tweet is the most obvious sevco dog whistle you'll ever see. He's such a creepy weirdo.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSM
His absence from Twitter from the 5th of February until yesterday would suggest that he has been involved in legal action during that time and has been advised against commenting publicly. The fact he is apologising for something he did two years ago would also suggest he's been on the losing end of litigation.

I'm sure there's some deal been made here that Stewart will have had to pay reparations to Traynor and his family while publicly apologising to Traynor and Rangers. In exchange there will be some sort of non-disclosure agreement about the ruling.

FRvPMH8WUAU3O0R

FRvPMH9XIAIa6l3
He really is an odious individual.

He’s not even that good Mark.

His earlier tweet about enjoying a ten year old and talking about cancerous people is a clear dig at a certain person involved in this case.

He isnae even a good despicable filthy subhuman degenerate bastard…

p6-jackie-mcnamara.jpg

If true, thats disgraceful and should be called out.

That video is disturbing.... what a fucking wank he is.. remarkable he is still on the BBC after excusing racism like that.
He was prepared to accept racism against Logan - but, was demanding proof WRT Morelos. That is the impression that I got.

He also asks the question "Why now". Well, his statement over 2 years down the line also brings that question - why now?

An absolute nut job who Scottish Football would be better without.

Also another point made in that clip (not by Stewart) Alfredo Morelos is revered as much for his off field antics.

What his charity foundation? Moving overseas at a young age to support his family after they suffered tragedy? Him rushing to the airports after games to organised charity games the other side of the world to help his countrymen and woman who live in poverty?

I’ll never forget him and Speirs both reporting me and getting me a ban on Twitter for replying to Speirs congratulating Stewart on being back on the radio around Feb 2020. Called Stewart a cretin and Speirs a pervert for posting photos of his elderly mum ironing his underwear B-D

His absence from Twitter from the 5th of February until yesterday would suggest that he has been involved in legal action during that time and has been advised against commenting publicly. The fact he is apologising for something he did two years ago would also suggest he's been on the losing end of litigation.

I'm sure there's some deal been made here that Stewart will have had to pay reparations to Traynor and his family while publicly apologising to Traynor and Rangers. In exchange there will be some sort of non-disclosure agreement about the ruling.
Hopefully, he's been on the end of some form of litigation, hence the apology.What I and I'm sure a lot of other Rangers fans would like to see is some form of public precedent set as a marker for any other would be Rangers haters.Of course, the apology will be enough for some, but for most, the real haters have to be targeted in some form or other.

Back