Official Michael Stewart has just had to apologise on Twitter to Jim Traynor and Rangers FC

Have a look at the timings and the facts.

It's taken this two years for this to happen - it's obvious he has tried every trick in the book to dodge it but eventually been forced into corner where it is 'do this or go to court.'

I would also assume from the formalistic tone of the tweet that he will also have had to pick up the bill for his own and Traynor's lawyers. Anyone care to guess at the possible cost for that?

A nasty piece of work.
I assume the reference to a 'palatable 10 year old in one of his subsequent tweets- is what he thinks is a clever play on words for the sevcoholiics out there - rangers being the unpalatable 10 year olds?

Probably not the best type on analogy to use around that lot!

Last edited:
Not much of an apology if it takes 2 years to come up with it. No doubt been told to do it.

Has just apologised to Jim Traynor on twitter for his comments about him a while back.

I wonder if thats why he's been quiet on twitter hadn't posted anything since January and he's usually posting remarks about Rangers on a daily basis.

Ginger weapon

Jim Traynor was assaulted not long after his comments

Stewart should have been sacked when he casted doubt for the second time in 13 months on national radio when a Rangers player said he was racially abused and then tried to make himself the victim when he was criticised for what he said, not a chance he's still in work if he did that in England.

Unlike pundits like Sutton who like to wind people up or Hartson was is thick but an ex player. Stewart has zero connection to celtic yet has happily accepted their coin and has a blind spot to anything they do, while never missing a chance to stick in the boot on Rangers, it's political with him. Suppose while he's sevcoing while just stopping short of saying Sevco he's made himself and plenty of his celtic supporting followers admit unintentionally that we're the same club because they didn't want to read about what Bury are actually doing.

hes had 4 months of frustration to let out - hes planned these passive aggressive attacks the man is truly pathetic.

A Legend in his own shaving mirror. An over promoted failed Nat rat who hates Rangers.
Needs reminded of that at every opportunity

Gentle reminder, the topic of conversation that led into his Traynor rant was questioning the veracity of Morelos' interview that he had been racially abused in Scottish football.

Just a year later, he questioned the veracity of more racist abuse of a Rangers player, this time Glen Kamara.

The club should be pouring over every word he says / writes and following up in the same fashion with maximum aggression every single time.

FRvPMH8WUAU3O0R

FRvPMH9XIAIa6l3
The good news about this is I suspect it has probably also cost Michael Stewart a lot of money.
That is it, in my view I just someone to 30 years experience in media/PR, is an apology forced from a libel action.
Both Rangers and Trayknob must’ve sued him.
Will be interesting to see if the BBC are also forced into an apology on Sportsound.
Mr. biomechanics will have had to pick up legal fees without any doubt.
This is a classic example of a case being resolved.

I love the Tims acting like we're all raging and he's got our fanbase on strings. I've not seen one Rangers fan reply to him without mocking this amazing wee meltdown he's having. It's brilliant stuff. How many times do you guys reckon he's cried today? Five, easy, for me.

I'll assume he has no friends otherwise someone should be suggesting he steps away from the keyboard.

But it does illustrate the weird world of Scottish football and media. This is a pundit from the BBC baiting and trolling supporters and the country's biggest club.

It's little wonder people are increasingly turning away from the mainstream media.

Is there anything more pathetic than "will sevco for Twitter likes"? At least the likes of Phil have a financial incentive for it.

I’d say it’s to curry favour with fellow republican scumbags. Wouldn’t surprise me if the failure was in a group chat with Haggarty, Spence, Speirs and the rest of the moonhowlers sharing inspirational Sturgeon quotes. F*cking weirdos.

fanta baws has been quite for months now back
and on a mission to troll people

he shouldnt work again the clown

I'll assume he has no friends otherwise someone should be suggesting he steps away from the keyboard.

But it does illustrate the weird world of Scottish football and media. This is a pundit from the BBC baiting and trolling supporters and the country's biggest club.

It's little wonder people are increasingly turning away from the mainstream media.
Yet some on here still think we should be forced to pay his wages!

What a f*cking weirdo!

Virtually disappears from social media and TV for 2-3 months.

He then pops up today with an apology for some rant about about someone who used to be employed by Rangers. Clear as day he’s been forced to in order to avoid being sued.

Then, for almost unfathomable reasons, he starts pumping out snide, childish, cryptic digs at Rangers on Twitter.

Does he not realise none of us give a sh*t?

After several years of trying (and failing) to pretend he is capable of being partial toward us and that he has no agenda, today is the day the mask finally drops for good. And that, combined with his previous misdemeanours towards our club, and in particular our black players, should mean he can’t possibly commentate or analyse Rangers on the BBC ever again.

His hatred for anything seen as being anti-nationalist has got the better of him after the humiliation of having to apologise to Traynor and us. In a way he kinda represents many nationalists over the last decade in that he has went so far down the rabbit hole cult that he is lost in hatred, division and bitterness. He would actually get a little more respect if he just came out and said “I really, really, really hate Rangers”, rather than these snidey little cowardly digs.

In decades to come, when Stewart, Haggerty, Dornan, Findlay, Phill 3 names, etc are all six feet under, Rangers will still be playing and winning trophies and the U.K. will still be intact. That pleases me.

Back