Morelos wind up quotes in dressing room shown on TV....

The precedent was set two weeks ago

Why are the press and our politicians doing nothing about this outrage? Maybe the racism goes deeper than we thought...
The precedent was sent 40 years ago, well that's as far as I can remember and players were saying shit to each other then.

To be honest, I'm actually glad they done it, it's great wind Alfie up and he'll shown you what's what.

Racism, don't be so frigging stupid.

Why are folk up in arms about defenders insulting strikers? Of course they are going to do it in Spanish if Morelos can't speak English. Otherwise what's the point?

It happens all over the game.

No biggy remember a wee Tosser from England playing for septic telling one of the opposition my gardener makes more money than you .

If big Sammy Baird was playing for us today there would be ( unt,s lying all over park with the referee scratching his heid wondering what happened. He did not appreciate anybody taking liberties with teammates even when he was with Clyde against us.
Of course not the same camera coverage then.
Ancient Loyal

Morelos is definitely a target...not because he's foreign, not because he plays for Rangers...it's because he's considered to be a bit volatile!
Any manager worth their salt would tell their players to capitalise on that!
Gerrard has done a great job in getting that through to Morelos and it seems to be getting through.
I just wish our referees would realise what was going on and stamp on it when they see the first signs of verbal and physical provocation going on!

I bet my bottom dollar if the east end beasts fc players were subjected to that then the press will be up in arms about it and don’t get me started with that cretin keevins he would be spewing

I suspect if Morelos played for the tins, he'd be less popular on here than Thumbheid or Brown. Personally I'd ensure he took English lessons. He is missing the banter in the dressing room.

I suspect if Morelos played for the tins, he'd be less popular on here than Thumbheid or Brown. Personally I'd ensure he took English lessons. He is missing the banter in the dressing room.
His English is better than we think. Candieas was saying something about that on Rangers tv the other day

Shite like this should be the catalyst for our team having a siege mentality. Pick on one of our own, you’ll have to deal with the rest.
All the great teams in the past would fight for one another.

In the heat of battle things are going to get said or done. That’s just football at any level. But this is clearly pre meditated and is a clear illustration of the continual targeting of Morelos by most teams in the SPL

This happens all over the game. Defenders will always try and wind up strikers if they know they'll get a reaction.

When I played amateur, there was a guy who played for a Garforth team. Decent striker, but easily wound up. Looked the double of Robert Earnshaw and absolutely hated it getting pointed out. Even a simple "shut it Earnshaw" was enough to send him mental.

Works the opposite way with some players. Gary Neville once said they used to be nice to Duncan Ferguson, get him chatting about his weekend plans. He was unplayable when he was pissed off.

It's ok saying it is all part of the game, but try saying it in Gaelic against an Irish team. You'd be a racist sectarian bigot, heading straight to the chokey. (assuming any of the arseholes could understand it)

It's ok saying it is all part of the game, but try saying it in Gaelic against an Irish team. You'd be a racist sectarian bigot, heading straight to the chokey. (assuming any of the arseholes could understand it)

Iosa, dè cho mòr 'sa tha do bhrat?

Wish people would stop trying to claim its racism ffs, embarrassing stuff that the other lot would try and claim.

No doubt mate but I think this shows the level of anatagonism that Morelos is subject to week in week out.

I have a pious holier than thou guy in Work who doesn’t like Morelos as he is “a thug” who “carries himself poorly on the pitch”. This is kryptonite as when I mentioned the players saying these things to a young guy living in a foreign country he was horrified and definitely was in the backfoot but then moved in and questioned the validity of it being true. Was hoping for some evidence to ram down his throat.
Out lads should be teaching morelos the English version on those phrase just fight fire with fire and put it right back in them

You don't think every striker in the game, regardless of where they are from hasn't been told their mothers a whore?

Wow, this place is funny sometimes.

THeres no doubt Morelos is targeted. I don’t think it’s any sort of racism. What I do believe was verging on racism was Keith Jackson’s article about him. That was utterly disgraceful.

Livi players were apparently tought to say certain phrases to wind him up. “Your mums a whore” etc but I’m not sure it was reported in the media, just on here. I think it’s probably fairly common especially if somebody has a reputation for reacting, although probably in English.
Apparently none of that kind of shit worked on Zidane until Materazzi said, 'you are only good enough to play for Celtic' and that did it. Alfie will overcome.

Back