MyGers Points Update re Tiers etc?

You say gold is fairly exclusive? 4000 is not exclusive in my opinion. The top tier should be exclusive, no more than around 1000?

The amount of money I’m putting into MyGers id be just as well buying a ST in hospitality to get away tickets.

I don’t see how they’d make gold any less than 10% tbh, that’s why I went with those figures

Stuff like my post could be avoided if the club were transparent and gave fans all the correct information

The club obviously monitor this forum, why the %^*& are they continuing to hide information about how it’s going to run?

Also, I considered the hospitality route but I don’t even think that guarantees you tickets

I don’t see how they’d make gold any less than 10% tbh, that’s why I went with those figures

Stuff like my post could be avoided if the club were transparent and gave fans all the correct information

The club obviously monitor this forum, why the %^*& are they continuing to hide information about how it’s going to run?

Also, I considered the hospitality route but I don’t even think that guarantees you tickets
MyGers is a membership scheme with no real transparency. They tell us what they want and make changes when they feel like it. They treat us like customers, not supporters. They’d soon change their tune if we in turn started acting like customers and not supporters.

A loyalty membership scheme which does not reward loyalty, just gives you a better chance.

I’m on waiting list for Bar 72 but even their current members don’t know how away tickets will work as it’s not been communicated.

Last edited:
It isn’t difficult to implement a fair system that rewards all MyGers members. Instead of everything going to Gold members first it should be on a quota system. For example gold members might have a 1-in-3 chance of an away ticket at Hibs, silver 1-in-6, bronze 1-in-9. The odds would differ for different games but the point is that everyone should get the chance of a ticket, the higher the tier, the better the chance. Semis/finals would be different as there might be enough tickets to satisfy all gold/silver with a ballot in bronze. The system has to make even a small number of highly sought after tickets available to all tiers or it becomes pointless being anything other than a gold member.

I do find it quite astounding that someone without a Season Ticket can apply for away tickets. There is a very real scenario which will unfold, that a person without a ST, in Bronze, will get allocated a ticket ahead of ST holders who are in Gold/Silver. I do get the "closed shop" arguments, but there must be a better way than a timed window for people within each tier to try and get their ticket.

Upon a window opening, the website will literally melt, you can see that coming a mile off. People sitting in work, or older Bears who may not be that tech savvy, will miss out on their windows, it's guaranteed. This will just breed animosity in the scheme.
You won’t get away tickets without a season ticket

It isn’t difficult to implement a fair system that rewards all MyGers members. Instead of everything going to Gold members first it should be on a quota system. For example gold members might have a 1-in-3 chance of an away ticket at Hibs, silver 1-in-6, bronze 1-in-9. The odds would differ for different games but the point is that everyone should get the chance of a ticket, just the higher the tier, the better the chance. Semis/finals would be different as there might be enough tickets to satisfy all good/silver with a ballot in bronze. The point is that the system has to make even a small number of highly sought after tickets available to all tiers or it becomes pointless being anything other than a gold member.

That’s how it’s going to be run but it’s hardly rewarding Gold members when Bronze members get tickets and some Gold won’t?

I’ve covered the first come, first served nonsense time and time again but this mygers monstrosity could literally end up meaning someone on maximum points could miss out on tickets for every game if they miss out in the free for all

A lot in bronze probably don’t even have a season ticket. They shouldn’t be allowed away tickets. Half hoping the new blue tier is not based on lowest points but for all without STs. And are not included in the way scheme. Tbf, they probably only joined to get on ST waiting list and not overly interested in away games anyway.

Seen a few people mention this on the thread. Non-ST holders CANNOT buy tickets for domestic aways so we need to can that rumour now as rightfully gets people’s backs up.

From Mygers FAQ’s:

How can I buy tickets for a domestic or European away game?
Only MyGers Members who are also season ticket holders can purchase domestic away tickets and these will be made available in priority online sales windows on a first-come, first served basis with each tier receiving their own sales window.
Once Rangers has received the ticket information from the opposition club, we will send out a communication (where time scales permit) to all Members which will include the option to register interest for the fixture. Information on every fixture will also be made available online.
Each tier will have a separate sales window and the schedule will be published in advance.

You won’t get away tickets without a season ticket

Aren't Bronze members going to have a window of opportunity? You could have 50 points in MyGers with your membership and be in the bronze tier with however many thousands of ST holders.

EDIT -Just saw the response from @gfordloyal above, that clears that up, my apologies!

That’s how it’s going to be run but it’s hardly rewarding Gold members when Bronze members get tickets and some Gold won’t?

I’ve covered the first come, first served nonsense time and time again but this mygers monstrosity could literally end up meaning someone on maximum points could miss out on tickets for every game if they miss out in the free for all
But gold members will get more away tickets during the year than silver/bronze and will be guaranteed semi/final tickets. Seems fair to me and I say that as a gold member.

Aren't Bronze members going to have a window of opportunity? You could have 50 points in MyGers with your membership and be in the bronze tier with however many thousands of ST holders.

EDIT -Just saw the response from @gfordloyal above, that clears that up, my apologies!
Even if they were in the bronze tier there would be a pre requisite to purchase a season ticket first.

MyGers is a membership scheme with no real transparency. They tell us what they want and make changes when they feel like it. They treat us like customers, not supporters. They’d soon change their tune if we in turn started acting like customers and not supporters.

A loyalty membership scheme which does not reward loyalist, just gives you a better chance.

I’m on waiting list for Bar 72 but even their current members don’t know how away tickets will work as it’s not been communicated.

Too true. It is also another 600 to factor into the ‘corporate’ equation, many of whom would’ve been in gold if it had been left as it was. Interesting times ahead.

But gold members will get more away tickets during the year than silver/bronze and will be guaranteed semi/final tickets. Seems fair to me and I say that as a gold member.

Gold members as a group yes but there’s no guarantee that individual gold members will get tickets.

You could have a situation someone that is on top points before the first game but gets 0 away tickets over the season but someone that’s just made gold gets 10+. First come, first served is a fu.cking farce

That seems unfair to me and I’m fairly high in gold, was on 10+ euro aways etc

Is this new? I read the T&Cs lat year and can’t remember this been mentioned.

It isn’t difficult to implement a fair system that rewards all MyGers members. Instead of everything going to Gold members first it should be on a quota system. For example gold members might have a 1-in-3 chance of an away ticket at Hibs, silver 1-in-6, bronze 1-in-9. The odds would differ for different games but the point is that everyone should get the chance of a ticket, the higher the tier, the better the chance. Semis/finals would be different as there might be enough tickets to satisfy all gold/silver with a ballot in bronze. The system has to make even a small number of highly sought after tickets available to all tiers or it becomes pointless being anything other than a gold member.
It depends on your definition of fair I suppose.

Reward those on most points? Or try and give everyone an opportunity to purchase, regardless of their points.

Also interested in this. Purchased MyGers a few weeks ago but still can’t see anything on my account yet.
When you log in to MyGers account- read the first paragraph and at the end of paragraph it says click HERE (in red) this is the link to your points total

do not click on the similar link further down the page as this only takes you to buying information

Gold members as a group yes but there’s no guarantee that individual gold members will get tickets.

You could have a situation someone that is on top points before the first game but gets 0 away tickets over the season but someone that’s just made gold gets 10+. First come, first served is a fu.cking farce

I agree with you first come first served is crazy. All tiers should be on a ballot to make sure the distribution is fair.

Reward those on most points? Or try and give everyone an opportunity to purchase, regardless of their points.

If he wants fairness, the old away CCCS was a much fairer system than the ill-judged mygers nonsense

I’d happily argue the pros/cons of the old scheme as I know people ripped the arse out of it but fundamentally people all ended up with X amount of away tickets and got the same games as friends/family

A fair system can still give gold members more chance of a ticket than silver/bronze. Surely it has to be that way or there’s no point.

The way you guys in Bar72 have been treated is a disgrace. Will be interesting to find out how hospitality away tickets are distributed

Trying to reserve judgment until I see how it all works. There is no way they will be able to satisfy demand for a lot of games.

I agree with you first come first served is crazy. All tiers should be on a ballot to make sure the distribution is fair.
But then it’s not fair as a lot will apply for a ballot where you basically just have to click a few bottoms to apply and if successful will pass their tickets on.

Waiting in a queue for potentially hours on first come, will prevent this. Yet I agree that this too is flawed. But it’s the better of two evils in IMO.

If only there was more than two options? If only Rangers remembered how they allocated tickets in the TC? If only…

A fair system can still give gold members more chance of a ticket than silver/bronze. Surely it has to be that way or there’s no point.

When the mechanisms of the system are set up in way that someone on max points could miss out but someone in bronze gets a ticket through their ticket pool, that’s not fair

To be on maximum points you’ve been to 15 euro away games, all home friendlies, all home cup games, signed up to all cccs and then bought all the additional add ons that the club made up through the year last season

No one can tell me that others are more deserving of a ticket than people on maximum points, yet theoretically they could miss out on tickets. That’s unfair

But then it’s not fair as a lot will apply for a ballot where you basically just have to click a few bottoms to apply and if successful will pass their tickets on.

Waiting in a queue for potentially hours on first come, will prevent this. Yet I agree that this too is flawed. But it’s the better of two evils in IMO.

If only there was more than two options? If only Rangers remembered how they allocated tickets in the TC? If only…

First come, first served means some will be completely fu.cked due to jobs as theyre unable to sit on phones waiting in a queue. It’s not the fairest way at all

When the mechanisms of the system are set up in way that someone on max points could miss out but someone in bronze gets a ticket through their ticket pool, that’s not fair

To be on maximum points you’ve been to 15 euro away games, all home friendlies, all home cup games, signed up to all cccs and then bought all the additional add ons that the club made up through the year last season

No one can tell me that others are more deserving of a ticket than people on maximum points, yet theoretically they could miss out on tickets. That’s unfair
Bang on. Regardless of your points or tier. Regardless of anything. You cannot argue with this. Anyone on maximum points who’s done and bought everything mentioned deserves tickets.

Been done to death also however they really shouldn't have touched the TC.

Keep domestic and euro separate..........well goes without saying, anything else which is not ticket related.

"How are you on gold?"

"I followed rangers up and down the country as part of an RSC and abroad, weekends and midweek, days off work and yes it cost me in all aspects of life but thats what a supporter does through thick and thin"

Or

"I took my allocated 3 tickets and went to finals.......oh and also bought a brick tv and stadium tour"

Aye that seems about fair :D

Bang on. Regardless of your points or tier. Regardless of anything. You cannot argue with this. Anyone on maximum points who’s done and bought everything mentioned deserves tickets.

“But, but, but...you can’t do that because it creates a closed shop”

I had 0 TC points when Gerrard joined (was unable to go to Pedro Lux game due to work)

From Gerrard’s first season in 18/19 to Braga, I managed to accrue 11 points and went to 11 games. Anyone else that genuinely wanted to do euro trips could’ve done similar

TC was never a closed shop and travelling to euro aways would’ve meant people would’ve been high gold in mygers. People don’t like facts though *

* Caveat being the handful of people I know who used RSC STs until it was a requirement to have your own ST to join the TC. They’ve ended up in Bronze/Silver

I'll be really interested to see if the allocation of tickets works differently for different games.

Are they going to limit European games to those on higher points, like they did in the Travel Club? Are gold, silver and bronze members going to get a percentage of semi final and final tickets, risking a scenario where a fan on maximum points misses out? Surely tickets to a semi final or final should be regarded as a reward for attendance elsewhere?

The club have literally had over a year to consider this.

I'll be really interested to see if the allocation of tickets works differently for different games.

Are they going to limit European games to those on higher points, like they did in the Travel Club? Are gold, silver and bronze members going to get a percentage of semi final and final tickets, risking a scenario where a fan on maximum points misses out? Surely tickets to a semi final or final should be regarded as a reward for attendance elsewhere?

All questions I’ve asked previously but not had an answer despite the SLO monitoring these threads. I also fully believe other staff members monitor these threads, namely a few individuals in the commercial dept dare I say

Still waiting for an answer on why the club decided to reject SLOs idea of having an entry fee to join away CCCS rather than adding it to mygers. What was the reason they said no, what was the proposed entry fee and who rejected the idea?

I don’t believe such questions should be answered on a private zoom call tbh. I hadn’t contacted the SLO for the zoom he suggested because of work/I’ve had a family bereavement but the more I think about it, why do I deserve to get answers privately? For the sake of transparency, answers should be put on a public forum

If he wants fairness, the old away CCCS was a much fairer system than the ill-judged mygers nonsense

I’d happily argue the pros/cons of the old scheme as I know people ripped the arse out of it but fundamentally people all ended up with X amount of away tickets and got the same games as friends/family
Ccs was only fair if it didn't have 9k in it

Been done to death also however they really shouldn't have touched the TC.

Keep domestic and euro separate..........well goes without saying, anything else which is not ticket related.

"How are you on gold?"

"I followed rangers up and down the country as part of an RSC and abroad, weekends and midweek, days off work and yes it cost me in all aspects of life but thats what a supporter does through thick and thin"

Or

"I took my allocated 3 tickets and went to finals.......oh and also bought a brick tv and stadium tour"

Aye that seems about fair :D
Good post Andy

I made a post on a previous thread but I’ve been unable to search back which is disappointing

So, say there’s 30,000 mygers members, the club has made it clear Gold is fairly exclusive with the fans with the highest points accruals over a set period of time.

For the basis of this post, I’ll work off of 10/30/60 split in terms of gold/silver/bronze (I realise bronze is going to get split up too) but it helps outline my argument

So using those figures, gold would be 3,000, silver would be 9,000 and bronze 18,000. (I understand these aren’t the exact numbers but I’m doing so to make my point)

Let’s say we’re playing Hibs away and the allocation is 3,500. Of that, the old away cccs used to get 50% of the allocation, 30% to RSCs and 20% club use

Let’s just presume that isn’t changing and mygers will only get 50%, so that’s 1,750 tickets for 30,000 members - only it’s not, because rangers have made clear gold will get a bigger % of tickets

So, say gold get 60%, Silver get 30% and bronze get 10% of 1,750:

Gold - 1,050 tickets
Silver - 525 tickets
Bronze - 175 tickets

Looking at that, a gold member would have just under a 33% chance of a ticket. Silver would have around a 5% chance and bronze less than 1% chance

I get I’ve made up figures/allocation split but I’ve done so to illustrate my point. Yeah the club may decide to cut RSCs allocations etc, I’m not sure of that yet, but I’ve used the old split as the basis of my argument

Can anyone tell me how that’s fairer than the old away cccs?
I think you are spot on with allocation percentages- although actual members of each tier may be slightly off especially 3,000 in gold tier - anyone who has had a season ticket since 2016 took every ticket offered on away cccs, signed up for all non league home games, will surely be at top end of silver / bottom end of gold tier

I just joined MyGers beginning of May this year and have 1496 points because of the above

Ccs was only fair if it didn't have 9k in it

Wrong.

CCCS was fair as everyone got the same amount of tickets however CCCS was unfair based on what games you got

Ultimately though, it guaranteed that you’d be given X amount of tickets per season so could have the away day experience with people on your friendship group

This new system is a farce. You could have friendship groups in different tiers meaning you don’t all get the same games, parents in gold with kids in bronze - they’re missing out on being able to take their kid to an away game like their own parent was able to do so etc

I think you are spot on with allocation percentages- although actual members of each tier may be slightly off especially 3,000 in gold tier - anyone who has had a season ticket since 2016 took every ticket offered on away cccs, signed up for all non league home games, will surely be at top end of silver / bottom end of gold tier

I just joined MyGers beginning of May this year and have 1496 points because of the above

Yeah essentially, though there’s people in gold purely because they ticked the away cccs box but passed on their tickets :D

I know guys that weren’t interested in euro aways until it was Vienna/Feyenoord/Braga - they’ve openly admitted they’ll wait until it’s a glamour tie before trying to get a ticket

The whole things a farce. Think I’m just going to need to take a step back because it’s infuriating me

The club have literally had over a year to consider this.
SLO mentioned a few months back that they were looking to charge Euro to points, not tiers. Still no confirmation.

Also mentioned that it’s likely that Cat A will be open to gold only, though don’t believe this has been confirmed.

I know it was talked about last month but I’m sure it was mentioned a year ago that Celtic would be based on points.

Again, no transparency.

All we should want is a fair system and to know where we stand. I am fully open to changes been made to help improve it. But I don’t understand the logic in waiting to improve something that you know now is not fair or going to work. The main thing being the website crashing - its useless and will crash the first time tickets go sale. Why has it not been fixed? Why will we have to wait till loyal fans are missing out on tickets due to a website crashing till the fix it?

This thread has taken an unusual turn.:rolleyes::)

In fairness, every thread will always end up the same way until the club start answering questions and make answers publicly available

They’re not difficult questions to answer so ask yourself why they’re unwilling to clear the issues up?

Why did the SLO want to provide answers to myself and 2 other posters on a private zoom call rather than posting them on here?

You appear to be a fairly level-headed and reasonable guy from previous discussion, I’d be interested to know your thoughts on my questions above

A lot of emails and social media on the Champions Magazine. Must have got too many printed and struggling to shift. How long till they offer MyGers points for that?
I’m sure they offered points for pre ordering what was publicised as the “gold” Champions Magazine way back in March/ April around the same time as the Aberdeen programme & title party souvenir pack

I’m sure they offered points for pre ordering what was publicised as the “gold” Champions Magazine way back in March/ April around the same time as the Aberdeen programme & title party souvenir pack
I spoke to MyGers regarding it and they said no points offered for the Champions Magazine.

Anytime there are points been offered for something MyGers should be sending out an email.

I might be getting confused with the programme and magazine. Programme was Aberdeen match and you were awarded one point for this.

Last edited:
Any ticket scheme where demand exceeds supply will always result in decisions having being made that will benefit some at the expense of others

Mygers will benefit those who go to the most games and are deemed to be more deserving of tickets than those who ( for a multiple of reasons) may only be able to go to a few games each year

The same old valid arguments are made each time this issue arises and alL are equally valid and understandable

Mygers is here to stay and hopefully some of these issues will get ironed out but for me there is no real benefit of joining as I would be bronze at best, can’t do midweek games (so not on cccs) but did manage to have 10 tc points as it’s cheaper/easier for me to go abroad than to Glasgow

I have no interest in domestic aways or Hampden games so can see the logic in the new system. One minor issue is that non mygers cccs get priority over mygers non cccs which seems to create an anomaly as it’s different to all other away games but again I agree that those who sign up to cccs should get priority

As usual the devil will be in the detail and how it works in progress will be interesting

Any ticket scheme where demand exceeds supply will always result in decisions having being made that will benefit some at the expense of others

Mygers will benefit those who go to the most games and are deemed to be more deserving of tickets than those who ( for a multiple of reasons) may only be able to go to a few games each year

The same old valid arguments are made each time this issue arises and alL are equally valid and understandable

Mygers is here to stay and hopefully some of these issues will get ironed out but for me there is no real benefit of joining as I would be bronze at best, can’t do midweek games (so not on cccs) but did manage to have 10 tc points as it’s cheaper/easier for me to go abroad than to Glasgow

I have no interest in domestic aways or Hampden games so can see the logic in the new system. One minor issue is that non mygers cccs get priority over mygers non cccs which seems to create an anomaly as it’s different to all other away games but again I agree that those who sign up to cccs should get priority

As usual the devil will be in the detail and how it works in progress will be interesting

Stopped reading at paragraph 2 - how does mygers benefit those who go to the most games/deemed the most deserving?

I’ve already pointed out numerous times that you can be on maximum points and still not be guaranteed a ticket. How does that benefit anyone :D

Stopped reading at paragraph 2 - how does mygers benefit those who go to the most games/deemed the most deserving?

I’ve already pointed out numerous times that you can be on maximum points and still not be guaranteed a ticket. How does that benefit anyone :D
My rationale is that these people will be in gold ( accept they are not guaranteed tickets for every gane) and will have a statistically much higher chance of getting domestic/European aways. They got their gold status by their previous purchase of match tickets ( including season tickets) so the club has decided to reward their loyalty.

My rationale is that these people will be in gold ( accept they are not guaranteed tickets for every gane) and will have a statistically much higher chance of getting domestic/European aways. They got their gold status by their previous purchase of match tickets ( including season tickets) so the club has decided to reward their loyalty.

Statistically higher chance granted however we’ve went from the away cccs where you were guaranteed 4/5 tickets a season to one where you could end up with 0

In what way does that reward loyalty?

Statistically higher chance granted however we’ve went from the away cccs where you were guaranteed 4/5 tickets a season to one where you could end up with 0

In what way does that reward loyalty?
Totally agree, both with this and all your other points

personally not a fan of mygers

I spoke to MyGers regarding it and they said no points offered for the Champions Magazine.

Anytime there are points been offered for something MyGers should be sending out an email.

I might be getting confused with the programme and magazine. Programme was Aberdeen match and you were awarded one point for this.
Had a look at previous emails and was sent a link saying only programmes in this link, from St Johnstone, qualify for a point. The 55 magazine is in that link. Not very well advertised and potentially missing out on a good few sales.

https://tickets.rangers.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/ProductMembership.aspx?ProductSubType=PROG

This thread is going to end up getting buried and there’ll be a new mygers threads in a few days with the exact same arguments

Is there anyway you can search for posts you’ve made that are specifically only in mygers threads? I’d quite like to read through my previous contributions and start typing up a formal email to send to the club

Will make absolutely no difference but would be useful to have a record of questions I ask so in a years time when issues are still unclear I can refer to that

In fairness, every thread will always end up the same way until the club start answering questions and make answers publicly available

They’re not difficult questions to answer so ask yourself why they’re unwilling to clear the issues up?

Why did the SLO want to provide answers to myself and 2 other posters on a private zoom call rather than posting them on here?

You appear to be a fairly level-headed and reasonable guy from previous discussion, I’d be interested to know your thoughts on my questions above
Mate, I wasn't TC and I'm not MyGers so I don't get as passionate about this debate as you do, for obvious reasons. It has no personal impact upon me. My days of follow-following are past. I'm not sure that's the same as 'level-headed' though.;) I'm also not as immersed in how the whole thing will work so my detailed knowledge is lacking in comparison to yours and others.

As an outsider looking in though what is coming across is a small number of posters previously 'guaranteed' tickets for away games at home and in Europe who now find that they might not be guaranteed those tickets any more and feeling aggrieved about it. I see the same half a dozen guys making the same points on every MyGers thread rather than a groundswell of hundreds having a moan.

I've seen suggestions that those at the top of the Gold Tier tree should be guaranteed tickets to domestic aways because they've been the most loyal. Fair point but, as you point out yourself, what then happens to guys that aspire to hit the top of the tree? If they cant get tickets its impossible for them. The guys in Silver and Bronze have to get the opportunity to buy those away tickets. Their chances may be slim but they are there. And you are right, some Gold will be too slow on the trigger and will miss out whilst a Bronze Tier guy gets a ticket. He'd have to be very, very lucky to do so though. All Gold Tier will have the same opportunity as others in Gold Tier, all Silver the same opportunity etc.

I've said before, TC is gone, as is away CCCS. MyGers is here to stay and the best line of attack IMHO is to seek change from within with tweaks to what is/will be in place. Perhaps in engaging with you and the other main critics on here the SLO is seeking to do just that without putting into into the full public glare? I have no idea. The numbers making a real issue of it - currently (that might change, of course) - appears low.

Has your meeting with him happened? What was the outcome? Were you sworn to secrecy?

EDIT: As for finding your threads, best you can do is click on Find Threads in the menu bar and then Threads With Your Posts. Only narrows it down a bit though and you have to guess from the thread title.

Back