MyGers Points Update re Tiers etc?

pre MyGers you had roughly what 16,000 on CCCs away scheme and roughly 6000 in TC and only TC members paid a fee £20 for ST holders or £40 for non ST holders, so roughly Rangers charged roughly £120,000 for the administration of away tickets or home tickets for Non ST holders , MyGers is 30,000 strong so given there may be some u16s its taken in roughly £1 million , its a money making scheme for the club doing what they were doing anyway yes there'll be some sugar coating and odd tat but most major clubs in the UK operate such " membership schemes " .............

the club have taken the view that by and large the tickets will end up in the hands of those who normally get them regardless whether they implement a scheme or not

Regarding your last sentence, the club made it absolutely clear they hoped mygers would stop that from happening. As such, it’ll be interesting to see what happens with RSC allocations

However, fundamentally the club don’t care if guys on max points get to games or not; they just want a scheme which gives the pretence that you can work your way to the holy grail of being gold - that’s why all the additional revenue streams have been added

Look at bronze - for some games you’re going to have less than 1% chance of a ticket to a game. Therefore, to progress to Silver you’ll need to be buying all the additional garbage you don’t want to potentially progress and hope others aren’t doing likewise

The only issue is, silver and gold members will be doing the same so the opportunity of progressing is actually much harder than commercial dept/SLO make out. People haven’t quite grasped this yet but when the penny drops I’m going to enjoy seeing the backlash. Noisy minority has been said about myself and others, once tickets are introduced it’ll not be a minority any longer

Last edited by a moderator:
pre MyGers you had roughly what 16,000 on CCCs away scheme and roughly 6000 in TC and only TC members paid a fee £20 for ST holders or £40 for non ST holders, so roughly Rangers charged roughly £120,000 for the administration of away tickets or home tickets for Non ST holders , MyGers is 30,000 strong so given there may be some u16s its taken in roughly £1 million , its a money making scheme for the club doing what they were doing anyway yes there'll be some sugar coating and odd tat but most major clubs in the UK operate such " membership schemes " .............

the club have taken the view that by and large the tickets will end up in the hands of those who normally get them regardless whether they implement a scheme or not
I don’t think Tickets will end up with who normally gets them. It’s not just about who you know but what levels you will lower yourself to. Plenty clubs out there pocketing a ticket here and there by telling their members that only got 1 when they got 2. Disgusting behaviour but happens. Then getting their wee clique to get all their buddies to sign up to CCCS and pass tickets onto them and then claiming they don’t have a ticket so they still get ticket from their supports club, denying another member on their bus a ticket. Been that way for years and it’s why I don’t feel sorry for the busses having their allocations now cut.

I fully appreciate that not all busses run this way.

I don’t think Tickets will end up with who normally gets them. It’s not just about who you know but what levels you will lower yourself to. Plenty clubs out there pocketing a ticket here and there by telling their members that only got 1 when they got 2. Disgusting behaviour but happens. Then getting their wee clique to get all their buddies to sign up to CCCS and pass tickets onto them and then claiming they don’t have a ticket so they still get ticket from their supports club, denying another member on their bus a ticket. Been that way for years and it’s why I don’t feel sorry for the busses having their allocations now cut.

Any buses I’ve been on rewards those who go always . I’m lucky to do my own rota so haven’t missed any apart from when my mum was dying . It’s only right it goes to those that always go funny these arguments come up for pittodrie, tynecastle and Easter road or as we become more successful . Where were all these people when league was over or at livi etc because there hasn’t been a livi game in the last few years with plenty on sale outside .

Wrong.

CCCS was fair as everyone got the same amount of tickets however CCCS was unfair based on what games you got

Ultimately though, it guaranteed that you’d be given X amount of tickets per season so could have the away day experience with people on your friendship group

This new system is a farce. You could have friendship groups in different tiers meaning you don’t all get the same games, parents in gold with kids in bronze - they’re missing out on being able to take their kid to an away game like their own parent was able to do so etc
Disagree on top part but that was my fault I should elaborated more

Tickets will absolutely end up with same people mate. Buses run point systems if you go you’ll get 9/10

Tickets will absolutely end up with same people mate. Buses run point systems if you go you’ll get 9/10

Wouldn’t bank on it mate, I honestly foresee the RSC allocation being reduced or cut

They can’t justify taking £40/50 off individual ST holders and have 10s of thousands of fans lucky to get 1/2 tickets a season whilst maintaining the RSC 30% cut

I’d be willing to put £ on a bet that RSC allocation will get changed

Wouldn’t bank on it mate, I honestly foresee the RSC allocation being reduced or cut

They can’t justify taking £40/50 off individual ST holders and have 10s of thousands of fans lucky to get 1/2 tickets a season whilst maintaining the RSC 30% cut

I’d be willing to put £ on a bet that RSC allocation will get changed
Well I’ll take Ed Wong a square go

It will be I’d have thought. Around 1750 is max so will be within 150 of that, similar to last season.
And as someone that was gold (1404) and has bought every single thing they asked me to, I will be bumped on 1575. To the carpark.

Last years gold was 1401-1556 (155)

That is precisely 90-100% of points being gold range.

If max is 1750 then its 1575-1750 as 90-100% gold range.

I’ve no idea what max is.

Last edited:
It will be I’d have thought. Around 1750 is max so will be within 150 of that, similar to last season.

I’d have thought max was 1720 based on my current points and knowing what I’d bought

Is that you saying it is that high or a guesstimate?

This thread is going to end up getting buried and there’ll be a new mygers threads in a few days with the exact same arguments

Is there anyway you can search for posts you’ve made that are specifically only in mygers threads? I’d quite like to read through my previous contributions and start typing up a formal email to send to the club

Will make absolutely no difference but would be useful to have a record of questions I ask so in a years time when issues are still unclear I can refer to that
Weren’t you supposed to have a Zoom with the SLO?

Weren’t you supposed to have a Zoom with the SLO?

Covered it earlier but had a family bereavement, coupled with travelling for work, so I’ve not had the time and tbh my heads been over the place

It gave me a chance to think about it too and came to the conclusion I don’t really see the benefit of getting info privately considering everyone should be hearing responses to my questions

Buses will have their allocation cut in half. They will struggle. They are also now allocated their grade based on the amount of tickets they take and it’s like £10 per member they register? Previously they used to put anyone down as a member just to get to class A+ status. Most of that will stop.

Buses will have their allocation cut in half. They will struggle. They are also now allocated their grade based on the amount of tickets they take and it’s like £10 per member they register? Previously they used to put anyone down as a member just to get to class A+ status. Most of that will stop.
Think it’s 10 or 5 mate can’t remember the email been that long but heard nothing new tbf

Think it’s 10 or 5 mate can’t remember the email been that long but heard nothing new tbf
I can see some of them really struggling to keep an away bus going unless people who normally wouldn’t go who now have a decent chance of tickets start going by bus.

I can see some of them really struggling to keep an away bus going unless people who normally wouldn’t go who now have a decent chance of tickets start going by bus.
We’ve got around numbers and have a bus come with us think everyone that travels away is happy to pay it

Lol £10 a member is easily covered over the course of a season it's nothing
My point on the money was that some busses are adding 20/30 members that never get on their bus to make them a A+ category bus. Is a 16 seater bus that struggles to fill its seats each week really going to spend £200/£300 each season to cover the cost of these people who never get on their bus? Some cars also do the same thing. Perhaps not making them Cat A+ but to an extent that gets them some tickets.

Lol £10 a member is easily covered over the course of a season it's nothing

Yes, but paying £10 a head with the allocations going down?

Any bus outwith an A+ would be spending £10 a head for 1/2 tickets a game if they’re lucky

Rsc allocation not getting cut .... last I heard

But we still not had the rsc registration information yet

The reason why I have not had a pop at mygers is for the only reason we haven't actually seen it I action.

Blackpool looking to be first away game on mygers

Yes, but paying £10 a head with the allocations going down?

Any bus outwith an A+ would be spending £10 a head for 1/2 tickets a game if they’re lucky
But there will be MyGers members on RSCs buses who will be unsuccessful at times in the MyGers tiers and over 20+ away games and home games it'll easily be recovered ...

it won't be a thing

But there will be MyGers members on RSCs buses who will be unsuccessful at times in the MyGers tiers and over 20+ away games and home games it'll easily be recovered ...

it won't be a thing

Granted, if RSC allocations remain at 30% of the allocation for each game. I highly doubt it will remain at that level

There is a few folk going to make themselves absolutely ill with this once domestic and euro away tickets start back up :D

Can just picture it now. All restrictions lifted on travelling fans at Christmas time. Our next two games are away to Pittodrie then the Piggery. Aww Skew somehow gets locked out of the gold tier purchase window for both and misses out. A few of the blue tier members that were lucky enough to get a ticket for the sheep through their purchase window come on here to tell us. Follow Follow breaks. A protest at Edmiston Drive ensues.

I say this as someone that rarely misses an away game either and will be in amongst the carnage, but by god this scheme is going to cause utter chaos when it’s actually operating:D
You forgot the obligatory "SHOW US THE TIERS!" protest chants.

The mygers scheme will cause problems at first but after a while it’ll be the same way as it is now

Anyone that goes to games knows it’s the same old faces away from home and in Europe

My only problem with it the now would be if we get a glamour tie in champions league v a English team then loyal fans would miss out with new system

The mygers scheme will cause problems at first but after a while it’ll be the same way as it is now

Anyone that goes to games knows it’s the same old faces away from home and in Europe

My only problem with it the now would be if we get a glamour tie in champions league v a English team then loyal fans would miss out with new system

Problems at first? How long you thinking?

Early rounds in Europe should be ok but as soon as it hits group stages it’ll become a nightmare. Domestic aways will be a nightmare forever now

Fans in Bronze will struggle to get to gold unless they buy all the pish add ons. People in silver will likely struggle to progress too unless there’s gold members that don’t purchase things but everyone knows they need to play the game

I wish I had your optimism

Problems at first? How long you thinking?

Early rounds in Europe should be ok but as soon as it hits group stages it’ll become a nightmare. Domestic aways will be a nightmare forever now

Fans in Bronze will struggle to get to gold unless they buy all the pish add ons. People in silver will likely struggle to progress too unless there’s gold members that don’t purchase things but everyone knows they need to play the game

I wish I had your optimism

I just don’t get where you think all these fans that suddenly want to go to ross county away on a cold Wednesday night are going to come from just because it’s a new system?

Every supporters bus has had spares for al the shite games for years and that won’t change

We don’t suddenly have 30k fans wanting to attend every game

European football is different for me I believe the TC should have stayed separate but that’s a different story

I just don’t get where you think all these fans that suddenly want to go to ross county away on a cold Wednesday night are going to come from just because it’s a new system?

Every supporters bus has had spares for al the shite games for years and that won’t change

We don’t suddenly have 30k fans wanting to attend every game

European football is different for me I believe the TC should have stayed separate but that’s a different story

I used to help run my RSC and always had people looking for tickets, as soon as it hit say Wed/Thur before a game if I couldn’t sort them they weren’t too bothered

If they were able to buy the tickets themselves they would’ve. Small anecdote but multiply that across the country. I don’t for a minute believe 30,000 all want away games but I’d say at least 1/5 of that would go week in, week out if given the chance

I used to help run my RSC and always had people looking for tickets, as soon as it hit say Wed/Thur before a game if I couldn’t sort them they weren’t too bothered

If they were able to buy the tickets themselves they would’ve. Small anecdote but multiply that across the country. I don’t for a minute believe 30,000 all want away games but I’d say at least 1/5 of that would go week in, week out if given the chance
st johnstone were kind enough to sell us 3 stands say 7000 and we didn't sell out , problem is not all clubs are willing to give us 7000

st johnstone were kind enough to sell us 3 stands say 7000 we didn't sell out , problem is not all clubs are willing to give us 7000

Previously covered that game and said it was embarrassing. Had we been tight at the top of the league, we’d have sold out the 7,000 comfortably with people looking for spares

Previously covered that game and said it was embarrassing. Had we been tight at the top of the league, we’d have sold out the 7,000 comfortably with people looking for spares
Correct mate everyone who goes every week was there

others had the chance as well

st johnstone were kind enough to sell us 3 stands say 7000 and we didn't sell out , problem is not all clubs are willing to give us 7000
St Johnstone away during the season always tends to not sell out, but regulars are there

“Always Rangers, Always Rewarded”

Your loyalty will be rewarded and you’ll be put in the appropriate tier

You’ve been to 15 Euro aways, all home friendlies, all away friendlies, away cccs, semis and finals and your ST. You’ve bought your Rangers TV

You’ve bought the edminson house project, programmes, watch along, woman’s games and all other added nonsense

You’ve spent thousands following Rangers abroad, your life revolves around rangers for euro/domestic aways. Holidays from work were based around travelling to euro aways

You end up on maximum points. You’re thinking “excellent, can’t wait for my loyalty to be rewarded. I must be guaranteed tickets now”

You find out that despite having maximum points, you have the same chance at tickets as someone who’s made Gold through default of ticking the away cccs/home cccs/semi and finals box. Some of who passed on their tickets as they weren’t interested in any games outwith Hibs/Aberdeen/Celtic/Hearts away

You then find out that you have the same chance in a first come, first served race for tickets as all gold members however you might miss out in the gold pool of tickets but a bronze member will be at the game

You’re angry but you remember your loyalty has been rewarded

“Always Rangers, Always Rewarded”
Just bumping this to remind everyone that mygers definitely rewarded fans :D

1 game in and the system got changed

Back