MyGers Points Update re Tiers etc?

Mate, I wasn't TC and I'm not MyGers so I don't get as passionate about this debate as you do, for obvious reasons. It has no personal impact upon me. My days of follow-following are past. I'm not sure that's the same as 'level-headed' though.;) I'm also not as immersed in how the whole thing will work so my detailed knowledge is lacking in comparison to yours and others.

As an outsider looking in though what is coming across is a small number of posters previously 'guaranteed' tickets for away games at home and in Europe who now find that they might not be guaranteed those tickets any more and feeling aggrieved about it. I see the same half a dozen guys making the same points on every MyGers thread rather than a groundswell of hundreds having a moan.

I've seen suggestions that those at the top of the Gold Tier tree should be guaranteed tickets to domestic aways because they've been the most loyal. Fair point but, as you point out yourself, what then happens to guys that aspire to hit the top of the tree? If they cant get tickets its impossible for them. The guys in Silver and Bronze have to get the opportunity to buy those away tickets. Their chances may be slim but they are there. And you are right, some Gold will be too slow on the trigger and will miss out whilst a Bronze Tier guy gets a ticket. He'd have to be very, very lucky to do so though. All Gold Tier will have the same opportunity as others in Gold Tier, all Silver the same opportunity etc.

I've said before, TC is gone, as is away CCCS. MyGers is here to stay and the best line of attack IMHO is to seek change from within with tweaks to what is/will be in place. Perhaps in engaging with you and the other main critics on here the SLO is seeking to do just that without putting into into the full public glare? I have no idea. The numbers making a real issue of it - currently (that might change, of course) - appears low.

Has your meeting with him happened? What was the outcome? Were you sworn to secrecy?

EDIT: As for finding your threads, best you can do is click on Find Threads in the menu bar and then Threads With Your Posts. Only narrows it down a bit though and you have to guess from the thread title.

Fair post but obviously I don’t agree with much of it and could give counter arguments but don’t want to go round in circles

I’ve not contacted him as I had a family member that was gravely ill who’s subsequently died and I’ve been down south for work too. Down your way I believe (just the other side of the Menai bridge) so staying in hotels etc without a clear plan of when I have free time hasn’t been ideal

Having thought about it though, why do I deserve answers on a zoom call rather than them being posted publicly so everyone can see the answers? Surely the club would benefit from being transparent and reaching a wider audience than telling me answers privately?

So again, why do you think they want to get me on a zoom call to answer questions? To tell me what I want to hear? To get me sworn to secrecy? To give a thinly veiled thread that I need to stop being publicly critical?

Why do you think they’re not answering questions on here? Is it because they know the honest answers will rile up others?

Mate, I wasn't TC and I'm not MyGers so I don't get as passionate about this debate as you do, for obvious reasons. It has no personal impact upon me. My days of follow-following are past. I'm not sure that's the same as 'level-headed' though.;) I'm also not as immersed in how the whole thing will work so my detailed knowledge is lacking in comparison to yours and others.

As an outsider looking in though what is coming across is a small number of posters previously 'guaranteed' tickets for away games at home and in Europe who now find that they might not be guaranteed those tickets any more and feeling aggrieved about it. I see the same half a dozen guys making the same points on every MyGers thread rather than a groundswell of hundreds having a moan.

I've seen suggestions that those at the top of the Gold Tier tree should be guaranteed tickets to domestic aways because they've been the most loyal. Fair point but, as you point out yourself, what then happens to guys that aspire to hit the top of the tree? If they cant get tickets its impossible for them. The guys in Silver and Bronze have to get the opportunity to buy those away tickets. Their chances may be slim but they are there. And you are right, some Gold will be too slow on the trigger and will miss out whilst a Bronze Tier guy gets a ticket. He'd have to be very, very lucky to do so though. All Gold Tier will have the same opportunity as others in Gold Tier, all Silver the same opportunity etc.

I've said before, TC is gone, as is away CCCS. MyGers is here to stay and the best line of attack IMHO is to seek change from within with tweaks to what is/will be in place. Perhaps in engaging with you and the other main critics on here the SLO is seeking to do just that without putting into into the full public glare? I have no idea. The numbers making a real issue of it - currently (that might change, of course) - appears low.

Has your meeting with him happened? What was the outcome? Were you sworn to secrecy?

EDIT: As for finding your threads, best you can do is click on Find Threads in the menu bar and then Threads With Your Posts. Only narrows it down a bit though and you have to guess from the thread title.
If you need to register your interest for tickets and are unsuccessfully as it’s based on points, and you don’t have enough, you are allocated point for applying. That’s how TC worked and it’s not a closed shop. Yes, it may take you a couple of years to catch up with others but eventually you will. Tick all the boxes. Apply for all games. Buy all the MyGers points stuff.

Over the course of a season you’ll probably still end up with 4 or 5 tickets if in bronze.

Fair post but obviously I don’t agree with much of it and could give counter arguments but don’t want to go round in circles

I’ve not contacted him as I had a family member that was gravely ill who’s subsequently died and I’ve been down south for work too. Down your way I believe (just the other side of the Menai bridge) so staying in hotels etc without a clear plan of when I have free time hasn’t been ideal

Having thought about it though, why do I deserve answers on a zoom call rather than them being posted publicly so everyone can see the answers? Surely the club would benefit from being transparent and reaching a wider audience than telling me answers privately?

So again, why do you think they want to get me on a zoom call to answer questions? To tell me what I want to hear? To get me sworn to secrecy? To give a thinly veiled thread that I need to stop being publicly critical?

Why do you think they’re not answering questions on here? Is it because they know the honest answers will rile up others?
Sorry to hear of your loss mate. Condolences to you and your family. Horrible times. Too many of us have been through that, with all the limitations on mourning imposed by Covid, over the last year or more.

It may be that @Greg Marshall simply wants feedback from those who are most critical. That's what I'd do in his position. Then take it away, digest it and see if it has merit and is worth implementing. Its patently clear you guys won't get everything you want though. The Travel Club is gone. I highly doubt the SLO would be handling the call/meeting in the way you've suggested. You've taken it a bit far with the suggestion of threats mate. I'm not sure anything at all is served by him posting on FollowFollow and becoming a target for the handful of vociferous posters on this matter. A more balanced discussion is achievable in the format he's suggested IMHO.

You weren't the only one he was going to speak to. Have any of the others been able to meet (virtually) with him?

I think it’s cause they came up with this idea and rushed it through without thinking properly. They send us a questionnaire and that was it. They already had their answers before sending to us.

The people making the decisions on MyGers have no idea. Have they any communication with the SLO? Do they listen to him? Did they speak with the TC to get an idea of how they ran it and would it be beneficial to keep separate?

The wanted a membership scheme to make money. They want to try and keep all members interested by giving them a wee sniff at the possibility of tickets.

I know the previous poster said around 6 people making the same arguments and this may be correct. But every person that I go to games with agrees with my view points. I don’t know a single Rangers fan that is happy with the way MyGers is designed. But yet all of them joined…

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your loss mate. Condolences to you and your family. Horrible times. Too many of us have been through that, with all the limitations on mourning imposed by Covid, over the last year or more.

It may be that @Greg Marshall simply wants feedback from those who are most critical. That's what I'd do in his position. Then take it away, digest it and see if it has merit and is worth implementing. Its patently clear you guys won't get everything you want though. The Travel Club is gone. I highly doubt the SLO would be handling the call/meeting in the way you've suggested. You've taken it a bit far with the suggestion of threats mate. I'm not sure anything at all is served by him posting on FollowFollow and becoming a target for the handful of vociferous posters on this matter. A more balanced discussion is achievable in the format he's suggested IMHO.

You weren't the only one he was going to speak to. Have any of the others been able to meet (virtually) with him?

I was being fictitious, in no way do I think I was going to be silenced or sin-dyed; my attempt at humour that’s not come across as intended

I do believe they’d love for me and others to be silenced though in terms of they answer a few questions and think because we’ve been noticed we’ll shut up.

I’d be fairly happy taking my questions offline but I do think it’s better served having it in written communication so there’s no room for misinterpretation and it’s easy to refer back to. You and I both know that verbal, informal chats aren’t recorded so harder to refer back to them

I understand your point re having it on a thread as multiple people could jump on it but what was to stop him PM’ing answers to me on this? Why did it need to be a zoom call? Surely it’s easier to digest written feedback so you can better consider the question and provide a more accurate answer? As for “vociferous”, I’d accept I’m opinionated but I believe I handle myself in a respectful manner

“halfallover” had his meeting, unsure when but I spoke to him and said he’d had his. Unsure about the other chap, can’t remember his user name

Last edited by a moderator:

The SLOs job is essentially the communicator between club and support and supporter and club. But what does this mean? He tell the club fans are unhappy because of X Y and Z and what, it gets ignored? He gets listened to? What? That’s the actually feedback we need. Are Rangers listening or just pretending?

We can all have our own thoughts on how we would allocate away tickets but we had an away membership scheme which was based on points - the Travel Club. The club have decided against distributing tickets this way. Why? Those most deserving and loyal. Now those two words may annoy some people, buts it’s the reality. You go to the most games, you deserve the most tickets. But that’s not my argument. Why have the club decided against allocating tickets through a proven method that they used for years that’s fair and works?

It’s been explained why the club don’t want to ballot tickets and why the old CCCS was stopped. That’s great. I understand both. I agree with both. Maybe I’d agree with the reason why it’s not based on points, if it was ever explained to me? And it’s not a closed shop.

Been done to death also however they really shouldn't have touched the TC.

Keep domestic and euro separate..........well goes without saying, anything else which is not ticket related.

"How are you on gold?"

"I followed rangers up and down the country as part of an RSC and abroad, weekends and midweek, days off work and yes it cost me in all aspects of life but thats what a supporter does through thick and thin"

Or

"I took my allocated 3 tickets and went to finals.......oh and also bought a brick tv and stadium tour"

Aye that seems about fair :D
Your Spot on

The SLOs job is essentially the communicator between club and support and supporter and club. But what does this mean? He tell the club fans are unhappy because of X Y and Z and what, it gets ignored? He gets listened to? What? That’s the actually feedback we need. Are Rangers listening or just pretending?

We can all have our own thoughts on how we would allocate away tickets but we had an away membership scheme which was based on points - the Travel Club. The club have decided against distributing tickets this way. Why? Those most deserving and loyal. Now those two words may annoy some people, buts it’s the reality. You go to the most games, you deserve the most tickets. But that’s not my argument. Why have the club decided against allocating tickets through a proven method that they used for years that’s fair and works?

It’s been explained why the club don’t want to ballot tickets and why the old CCCS was stopped. That’s great. I understand both. I agree with both. Maybe I’d agree with the reason why it’s not based on points, if it was ever explained to me?

Having sat and listened to the commercial girl speak at one of the focus groups, it’s clear the club hadn’t actually fully considered some of the feedback.

Feedback on the cccs for Warburtons first season was taken onboard as people that boycotted couldn’t join away cccs that season. That specific issue was covered at the focus group I attended

However, going back to the commercial girl, participants tore her apart at times and her go-to response was “I don’t actually know, I’ll need to go and investigate” (paraphrasing here). So it was evident to me and others in the room it was ill thought-out and they hadn’t fully considered many, many issues

That was in December 2019, we’re now in July 2021 and we still don’t have answers to the questions. They’ve got no excuses, they’ve had plenty time to iron out issues considering there’s not been away games to sort, nor have they had related issues to deal with

My take-away from it all was that the commercial girl was more focused on the financial aspects.

She wasn’t shy in saying she has a ST, goes to games, travels abroad etc which made it even more bizarre as you’d have thought she’d have considered the things she was questioned on but didn’t have an answer to

Edit - I thought it was Feb 2020 but just checked my texts, it was Dec 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno how anyone can view this any other way. Its a money making scheme.....when you can buy a brick or TV channel which can then help you get above someone else to get a ticket to follow your team.

I've always wanted a loyalty scheme but one where ticket points are exactly that.

Its good paying for the privilege to be in the scheme as well :D

No no, purchasing womens games and buying stacks of programmes to sit in a cupboard just so you get the points for them means you are more loyal than the rest.

Always Rangers. Always rewarded.

Last edited:
There is a few folk going to make themselves absolutely ill with this once domestic and euro away tickets start back up :D

Can just picture it now. All restrictions lifted on travelling fans at Christmas time. Our next two games are away to Pittodrie then the Piggery. Aww Skew somehow gets locked out of the gold tier purchase window for both and misses out. A few of the blue tier members that were lucky enough to get a ticket for the sheep through their purchase window come on here to tell us. Follow Follow breaks. A protest at Edmiston Drive ensues.

I say this as someone that rarely misses an away game either and will be in amongst the carnage, but by god this scheme is going to cause utter chaos when it’s actually operating:D

There is a few folk going to make themselves absolutely ill with this once domestic and euro away tickets start back up :D

Can just picture it now. All restrictions lifted on travelling fans at Christmas time. Our next two games are away to Pittodrie then the Piggery. Aww Skew somehow gets locked out of the gold tier purchase window for both and misses out. A few of the blue tier members that were lucky enough to get a ticket for the sheep through their purchase window come on here to tell us. Follow Follow breaks. A protest at Edmiston Drive ensues.

I say this as someone that rarely misses an away game either and will be in amongst the carnage, but by god this scheme is going to cause utter chaos when it’s actually operating:D

You’re not far wrong :D :D

Pitchforks at the ready haha

Having sat and listened to the commercial girl speak at one of the focus groups, it’s clear the club hadn’t actually fully considered some of the feedback.

Feedback on the cccs for Warburtons first season was taken onboard as people that boycotted couldn’t join away cccs that season. That specific issue was covered at the focus group I attended

However, going back to the commercial girl, participants tore her apart at times and her go-to response was “I don’t actually know, I’ll need to go and investigate” (paraphrasing here). So it was evident to me and others in the room it was ill thought-out and they hadn’t fully considered many, many issues

That was in February 2020, we’re now in July 2021 and we still don’t have answers to the questions. They’ve got no excuses, they’ve had plenty time to iron out issues considering there’s not been away games to sort, nor have they had related issues to deal with

My take-away from it all was that the commercial girl was more focused on the financial aspects.

She wasn’t shy in saying she has a ST, goes to games, travels abroad etc which made it even more bizarre as you’d have thought she’d have considered the things she was questioned on but didn’t have an answer to
This sounds about right and not surprising. As you say, they had a full year to fix this.

If you can’t find a solution to please everyone your default position should always be what’s fairest.

But it’s fair?

This sounds about right and not surprising. As you say, they had a full year to fix this.

If you can’t find a solution to please everyone your default position should always be what’s fairest.

Double checked mate, it was actually December 2019

So that’s well over a year and a half and there’s still no answers to some of the points raised at the focus group I was at. Can’t comment about others but I imagine it’ll be the same

They were more focused on zoom seminars with first team players, pin the tail on broxi, virtual quizzes and telling everyone how great mygers is instead of actually sorting out the fundamental mechanics of how it’ll actually operate for tickets

It’s inevitable it will happen to some folk.

Greg Marshall will have his work cut out on social media. He seems to get blamed for everything when people take the huff:))

I should make it clear, in no way do I believe Greg’s at fault. I know myself ultimately it’s not his decision, though I do know that he had some involvement in presenting the membership scheme idea and designing it

If I miss out on tickets, I wouldn’t dream of sending abuse to the SLO and at no point in my ranting on here have I ever personally blamed him for anything. He’s a good guy doing an impossible job

My angers more directed at who decided to include tickets, who decided to remove TC and the commercial department in general

It’s inevitable it will happen to some folk.

Greg Marshall will have his work cut out on social media. He seems to get blamed for everything when people take the huff:))
I don’t think anyone directly blames the SLO, I think it’s more they vent their frustrations out on him as he’s the middleman between club and fan. But as has been mentioned a million times, the site crashes, max on gold misses out and bronze come on this showing off for getting. Is the SLO not somehow to blame? It’s been mentioned time and time again the site will crash and it’s his job to report these concerns to Rangers - not that the club is unaware of how bad their website is, even after the upgrade.

I know the SLO can hardly come out and say I’ve told Rangers but they ain’t interested but that hardly helps us. If I’m paying £40/£50 for a membership which has helped generate the club over a million, I’d expect to be listened to.

God bless the RSCs and knowing folk with boxes that don’t do away games B-)

I should make it clear, in no way do I believe Greg’s at fault. I know myself ultimately it’s not his decision, though I do know that he had some involvement in presenting the membership scheme idea and designing it

If I miss out on tickets, I wouldn’t dream of sending abuse to the SLO and at no point in my ranting on here have I ever personally blamed him for anything. He’s a good guy doing an impossible job

My angers more directed at who decided to include tickets, who decided to remove TC and the commercial department in general

I wasn’t even meaning anyone in particular on this thread, but some of the pish that gets directed at him generally is mental :))

There is some folk that would take to twitter to moan at him if they got a cold burger in their Champions meal.

Part and parcel of being that link to the fans i guess.

But it’s fair?

It’s a shambles.

But the club will have seen their income increase significantly because of it so unfortunately it’s here to stay.

And even reform will be difficult as most members will have different thoughts and input on how to improve it.

People moaning about 15/16 dropping off for this season, but then that season dropping off helps others so they obviously want it. That’s what you are dealing with.

Just my opinion, but having points primarily linked to anything other than tickets is mental.

I could get onboard with RTV etc as that would help some bears that don’t stay in Scotland accumulate points, but the points incentives for all the other commercial pish like programmes and womens games is a joke as it just becomes a case of who’s got the most disposable cash rather than anything to do with loyalty.

I’m with you though I’ll probably moan but it’s going to be hilarious the first ticket sale haha
Arsenal game only a few weeks away. Assuming club have asked local authority for increased attendance. Will be interesting to see how many and who. Or will they use it as a pilot for MyGers?

Arsenal game only a few weeks away. Assuming club have asked local authority for increased attendance. Will be interesting to see how many and who. Or will they use it as a pilot for MyGers?
I actually forgot about that, I’m comfortable missing out on that if I’m honest I’ve ticked friendlies as I always do but have a feeling it may go to more local fans

It’s a shambles.

But the club will have seen their income increase significantly because of it so unfortunately it’s here to stay.

And even reform will be difficult as most members will have different thoughts and input on how to improve it.

People moaning about 15/16 dropping off for this year, but then that season dropping off helps others so they obviously want it. That’s what you are dealing with.

Just my opinion, but having points primarily linked to anything other than tickets is mental.

I could get onboard with RTV etc as that would help some bears that don’t stay in Scotland accumulate points, but the points incentives for all the other commercial pish like programmes and womens games is a joke as it just becomes a case of who’s got the most disposable cash rather than anything to do with loyalty.
Agree with all points.

Will be hard to make major changes like changing TC back to separate or changing how away tickets are allocated. Two of the major problems with it. That’s why more thought and feedback should have done.

Ask your customers for feedback on the proposal of a membership scheme, which they did. Then decide in theory how you want it to run, then again, obtain feedback. Something they did not do.

I actually forgot about that, I’m comfortable missing out on that if I’m honest I’ve ticked friendlies as I always do but have a feeling it may go to more local fans
It will go to hospitality. Not overly against that as they put more money in. What I am opposed to is that hospitality we’re giving credit from last season to this - basically their money back. Yet your working class fan is OK to be £600 out of pocket? Think I’ll miss my money a wee bit more than someone wearing a suit to the games!

It’s a shambles.

People moaning about 15/16 dropping off for this season, but then that season dropping off helps others so they obviously want it. That’s what you are dealing with.

“Always Rangers, Always Rewarded”

Your loyalty will be rewarded and you’ll be put in the appropriate tier

You’ve been to 15 Euro aways, all home friendlies, all away friendlies, away cccs, semis and finals and your ST. You’ve bought your Rangers TV

You’ve bought the edminson house project, programmes, watch along, woman’s games and all other added nonsense

You’ve spent thousands following Rangers abroad, your life revolves around rangers for euro/domestic aways. Holidays from work were based around travelling to euro aways

You end up on maximum points. You’re thinking “excellent, can’t wait for my loyalty to be rewarded. I must be guaranteed tickets now”

You find out that despite having maximum points, you have the same chance at tickets as someone who’s made Gold through default of ticking the away cccs/home cccs/semi and finals box. Some of who passed on their tickets as they weren’t interested in any games outwith Hibs/Aberdeen/Celtic/Hearts away

You then find out that you have the same chance in a first come, first served race for tickets as all gold members however you might miss out in the gold pool of tickets but a bronze member will be at the game

You’re angry but you remember your loyalty has been rewarded

Your loyalty will be rewarded and you’ll be put in the appropriate tier

You’ve been to 15 Euro aways, all home friendlies, all away friendlies, away cccs, semis and finals and your ST. You’ve bought your Rangers TV

You’ve bought the edminson house project, programmes, watch along, woman’s games and all other added nonsense

You’ve spent thousands following Rangers abroad, your life revolves around rangers for euro/domestic aways. Holidays from work were based around travelling to euro aways

You end up on maximum points. You’re thinking “excellent, can’t wait for my loyalty to be rewarded. I must be guaranteed tickets now”

You find out that despite having maximum points, you have the same chance at tickets as someone who’s made Gold through default of ticking the away cccs/home cccs/semi and finals box. Some of who passed on their tickets as they weren’t interested in any games outwith Hibs/Aberdeen/Celtic/Hearts away

You then find out that you have the same chance in a first come, first served race for tickets as all gold members however you might miss out in the gold pool of tickets but a bronze member will be at the game

You’re angry but you remember your loyalty has been rewarded

This post sums up MyGers. The SLO should be taking a copy of it to whoever is in charge of MyGers.

It will go to hospitality. Not overly against that as they put more money in. What I am opposed to is that hospitality we’re giving credit from last season to this - basically their money back. Yet your working class fan is OK to be £600 out of pocket? Think I’ll miss my money a wee bit more than someone wearing a suit to the games!
Did they get credits? I thought they were told they would lose their seat or was that Bar72 @Alex sits there so might be able to clear up

Not everyone did, the option was there but not everyone took it. Some have credit, some got partial refunds (remainder working out at the same as an average season ticket cost) and some left the full amount with the club.

And I certainly don’t wear a suit to the game :p

Did they get credits? I thought they were told they would lose their seat or was that Bar72 @Alex sits there so might be able to clear up

There were numerous options. Most people I know took 50% some took nothing. 50% left with the club would work out slightly more than the average ST cost throughout the ground.

And yes the 50% refund came about because ST holders were told they would lose their seats if they took 100% refund while others were afforded 100% credit as opposed to refund.

There were numerous options. Most people I know took 50% some took nothing. 50% left with the club would work out slightly more than the average ST cost throughout the ground.

And yes the 50% refund came about because ST holders were told they would lose their seats if they took 100% refund while others were afforded 100% credit as opposed to refund.
Just tagged you funnily haha

I think if they asked for a refund they lost their seats but if they took the credit then what they paid last season comes off this season.

I think if they asked for a refund they lost their seats but if they took the credit then what they paid last season comes off this season.

Anyone that took credit was asked to reconsider. They could either leave it all, take 50% or take 100%. There were also different ways to redeem the credit. To be fair I don’t know many that ended up taking, or getting 100% either refund or credit.

Anyone that took credit was asked to reconsider. They could either leave it all, take 50% or take 100%. There were also different ways to redeem the credit. To be fair I don’t know many that ended up taking, or getting 100% either refund or credit.
Is this Bar 72? Can’t mind what one my pal is in but his company have 4 at 5k each, sure they got the full 20k credit.

Yes Bar72. The 100% credit was an option, I just don’t know many that took it.
Rangers upgrading Bar 72 last season and increasing to price to then increase it again this season is just typical Rangers. I guarantee they had ever intention of charging the 2k last year but decided not to as they knew a lot would refuse as unlikely to get to many games. But that’s a moan for another thread. Ha Ha

Rangers upgrading Bar 72 last season and increasing to price to then increase it again this season is just typical Rangers. I guarantee they had ever intention of charging the 2k last year but decided not to as they knew a lot would refuse as unlikely to get to many games. But that’s a moan for another thread. Ha Ha

Aye don’t get me started on the whole shambles. I won’t be entirely surprised if it increases next season too but as you say, for another thread.

pre MyGers you had roughly what 16,000 on CCCs away scheme and roughly 6000 in TC and only TC members paid a fee £20 for ST holders or £40 for non ST holders, so roughly Rangers charged roughly £120,000 for the administration of away tickets or home tickets for Non ST holders , MyGers is 30,000 strong so given there may be some u16s its taken in roughly £1 million , its a money making scheme for the club doing what they were doing anyway yes there'll be some sugar coating and odd tat but most major clubs in the UK operate such " membership schemes " .............

the club have taken the view that by and large the tickets will end up in the hands of those who normally get them regardless whether they implement a scheme or not

Back