Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Nkunku is a forward sure he played right up top in the two games against us.

Nunez can play centrally or off the left. Don’t think they are too different.
Nunez is basically a Cavani style type of player but with better dribbling whereas Nkunku’s more of an attacking midfielder despite the amount of goals he’s scored this season.

Both would be very good signings but Nunez really is top quality and I’d say he’s more likely to be a success at Liverpool.

I like Nunez, he seems a top prospect, I'm interested to see how he gets on. Portugal seems littered with strikers that have stormed the league but didn't make the grade elsewhere really mind you. Falcao perhaps being the last 1 to buck that trend?

Edit: Not a very impressive list outside of Portugal.

Last edited:
Liverpool's transfer business in the last 5 years has been sensational stuff really, probably World Leaders in that regard.

Nunez seems another great signing and with his best years ahead of him. Just as they sell Mane who's past his own.

The human cube! They’ll have paid silly money for him given Levy’s previous…

Let them spend money to not improve from last year, it’ll do us.
Disagree him staying permanently improves them he was probably there best player last season if they didn't sign him any replacement would be a gamble.

Like you said hopefully Levy has rinsed them on the fee

Disagree him staying permanently improves them he was probably there best player last season if they didn't sign him any replacement would be a gamble.

Like you said hopefully Levy has rinsed them on the fee

So how does the same player staying improve them? £6m to stand still.

If that fee is correct I find it mental, you don't need to spend that much money on a defender in Scotland. I might be wrong but I can't see them making a profit on him.

So how does the same player staying improve them? £6m to stand still.
Like I said if he didn't stay they have to replace him and there's no guarantee his replacement would be better. It's like Kent with us we started the season without him before he returned we were a better side when he signed permanently

Tweet regarding Celtic all the replies as Celtic fans. Tweet regarding Rangers, all the replies ar Celtic fans…what a bizarre bunch
And when they reply to tweets about their club they have to throw our name into it as well, even if it's nothing to do with us.

Bheast FC are probably banking on keeping for one year then trying to sell on to make a profit

Big risk as he’s never worth a fee up to £10m IMO

The human cube! They’ll have paid silly money for him given Levy’s previous…

Let them spend money to not improve from last year, it’ll do us.
If he didn't sign they'd be weakened. 2nd best CB in league after Goldson, but CCV was better last season I'd say. Goldsons form a bit patchy.

Vickers is a good defender and similar to Goldson in being perfect for Scottish football and being able to bring his partner up a level or two. I don't think they have another defender anywhere close to his level so i had hoped he would go elsewhere. Jota is a good player but like most wingers can be inconsistent and Maeda is an endurance athlete kicking a ball about so if they want to pay around 9 million just for those two go ahead. Without any sales i'm not sure they will make more than a couple extra signings on top of them.

It was £1.8m the Japanese signed for. So him and vickers has cost £7.8m. Jota will be 6m minimum. That's their CL group stage money already spent on 3 players already there. Rogic and Bitton will need replaced. I have no doubt they will spunk another 15m on top to throw everything at league again this year

It was £1.8m the Japanese signed for. So him and vickers has cost £7.8m. Jota will be 6m minimum. That's their CL group stage money already spent on 3 players already there. Rogic and Bitton will need replaced. I have no doubt they will spunk another 15m on top to throw everything at league again this year
Was widely reported as £3m at the time and I’ve only seen mentally challenged blogs suggest any less.

Yep, pity we surrendered that £40m pot to them far too easily...

£10m up front for Maeda and Vickers so far.

Batter in.
did they no also spend 10 mil on Barkas and Ajeti? hope they get as much value as these two, also they've spent uite a lot of money for scottish standards just to be successful in the league, for that kind of outlay, I'd expect a decent european run too tbh

Slightly concerning the amount they look likely to spend this summer even without selling while all the rumours are we have a budget of 6-8 million unless we sell first . Since Desmond has came in and post 2003 it’s always felt at least in my opinion they have had more money than us . Ok they get an extra 10k season tickets but it can’t just be that

Slightly concerning the amount they look likely to spend this summer even without selling while all the rumours are we have a budget of 6-8 million unless we sell first . Since Desmond has came in and post 2003 it’s always felt at least in my opinion they have had more money than us . Ok they get an extra 10k season tickets but it can’t just be that
I don’t know if you noticed we were in the hands of crooks and gangsters between 2012 to 2018 and were relegated 4 divisions.

It’s a Fcking miracle we managed to bring the club back into safe hands at all never mind be in a position to go all the way to an elite European final

We are in as good a place as any of us could have dreamed of after 2012. The knackers will do what they do, let’s see what we do and concentrate on that.

I don’t know if you noticed we were in the hands of crooks and gangsters between 2012 to 2018 and were relegated 4 divisions.

It’s a Fcking miracle we managed to bring the club back into safe hands at all never mind be in a position to go all the way to an elite European final

We are in as good a place as any of us could have dreamed of after 2012. The knackers will do what they do, let’s see what we do and concentrate on that.
Yes 2012 has a lot to do with it but unfortunately money and finances 9/10s dictates footbsll. We had no right to be in a Europa final . Until we reach the point we can match them financially in the transfer market they will likely continue to win more than us at least in recent years

Man Utd making last ditch attempt for Darwin Nunez. Maybe his move to Liverpool is not finalised like most journalists thought.

Liverpool have offered Gavi 4 x the salary Barcelona have offered him today. (17 year old)
Isnt Gavi the lad whos maw got shagged off Pique?

Back