Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Things have certainly ramped up!

What’s happened that Man City are offloading Cancelo as he’s a great wee player.

There was something about Leeds spending more than Serie A and La Liga combined :))

Things have certainly ramped up!

What’s happened that Man City are offloading Cancelo as he’s a great wee player.

There was something about Leeds spending more than Serie A and La Liga combined :))
Cancelo apparently fell out with Pep when he found out he wasn't in the team against Arsenal last week. Other players weren't happy with him and he said he wanted out. Pep said his wish would be granted. City now looking at Robinson of Fulham.
Cancelo has been out of form this season, also having a poor World Cup.

I think he knocked them back but when Bournemouth are able to outbid AC Milan for a player like Zaniolo then something is wrong.

I can't see the status quo lasting much longer. The bigger clubs in Europe will try and push through the Super League again.

Go on then. A middle of the road, average club until the Russian gangster came in and bought them the title. They've spent almost £500m since the new guy took over them in the summer. It is obscene.
Lol, football has changed,best get your head round that.
Chelsea finished in the top six,eight seasons on the trot and second the season before Roman arrived,including a European cup winners in 98.
Champions league semi final 2004.
So they weren't doing two bad for an average club:shh:

Go on then. A middle of the road, average club until the Russian gangster came in and bought them the title. They've spent almost £500m since the new guy took over them in the summer. It is obscene.
To be fair the we’re buying decent players before abromobic took them over and won the cup winners cup the season before he took over. They were buying the likes to gullit, zola, vialli, de mattao and desailly so to call them a middle of the league team is slightly unfair.

To be fair the we’re buying decent players before abromobic took them over and won the cup winners cup the season before he took over. They were buying the likes to gullit, zola, vialli, de mattao and desailly so to call them a middle of the league team is slightly unfair.
They were by EPL standards. Most of those players mentioned had passed their peak too, as good as they were.

Chelsea finished in the top six,eight seasons on the trot and second the season before Roman arrived,including a European cup winners in 98.
You're right, it has changed and not for the better. I get you're obviously a blooz bruvver but I suggest you revise your post above as it's littered with inaccuracies.

Think Chelsea are one of the only teams to win the EPL with a net transfer spend that same season.

Jose's 2nd season of his 2nd stint

We are on a watch list for a fraction of this amount over all our business, disgusting. Fine them an they will just take it.
Chelsea apparently spent more in last 6 months than Liverpool have in last 10 years.
Putting players on very long contracts to get around FFP. Apparently FIFA closing that loophole in the summer

We are on a watch list for a fraction of this amount over all our business, disgusting. Fine them an they will just take it.

We can partially thank CA fc, again doing things behind the scene to try and handicap us, they partially supposed the FFP model to UEFA.

You're right, it has changed and not for the better. I get you're obviously a blooz bruvver but I suggest you revise your post above as it's littered with inaccuracies.
blooz bruvver, lol.
That was off the top of my head, but it's pretty obvious that Chelsea where winning trophies and competing before the arrival of roman,unlike city,psg etc.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.

blooz bruvver, lol.
That was off the top of my head, but it's pretty obvious that Chelsea where winning trophies and competing before the arrival of roman,unlike city,psg etc.
3 FA Cups, 1 top division title and 2 league cups pre-2003. Average is being kind.

What do Chelsea do with these lengthy contracts if the player isn’t successful or a new manager doesn’t fancy them?

It certainly seems a risky strategy.

blooz bruvver, lol.
That's not correct. Abramovitch took over 2003. Prior to that Chelsea won 1 League title, 2 League Cups, 3 FA Cups, and 2 ECWCs.
Total 8 trophies.

Prior to 2003, City won 3 League titles, 2 League Cups, 4 FA Cups, and 1 ECWC. Total 10 trophies.

What do Chelsea do with these lengthy contracts if the player isn’t successful or a new manager doesn’t fancy them?

It certainly seems a risky strategy.

According to Ornstein, they're paying relatively cheaper wages so the player can be moved out on loan if it doesn't work. Mudryk, for example, is on around 90k.

Sure it wasn’t 4th? They beat Liverpool last game of season to finish 4th to qualify for CL ahead of the scousers

That's not correct. Abramovitch took over 2003. Prior to that Chelsea won 1 League title, 2 League Cups, 3 FA Cups, and 2 ECWCs.
Total 8 trophies.

Prior to 2003, City won 3 League titles, 2 League Cups, 4 FA Cups, and 1 ECWC. Total 10 trophies.
I was talking about just before Roman arrived mate,Chelsea where a good side and how city where performing before their takeover.
But your stats are correct in that context.

Back